• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But just confirming, regardless of this recruiting class, you guys are still using the excuse of lack of number of players on the roster?

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But just confirming, regardless of this recruiting class, you guys are still using the excuse of lack of number of players on the roster?

Backups are a bunch of cardboard cutouts stood up on the sideline.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just confirming. Oregon has won squat in over a hundred years of playing football no matter how many players and who their coach is?

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just confirming. Oregon has won squat in over a hundred years of playing football no matter how many players and who their coach is?

Just Confirming. Hasn't it been 6-7 years since Oregon has lost in Los Angeles between USC and UCLA?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see you're returning to your usual lack of football iq. Let's see Oregon go 3 seasons with around 50 scholarship players available and see how well you'd do.

Through the 5 years of sanctions, USC had a cumulative record of 44-21, had two 10 win seasons and went 2-1 in bowl games. In fact, over the 5 years of sanctions, in the PAC-12, only Oregon and Stanford have a better record than USC. This, despite the fact that pretty much everyone was saying that we were looking at 4-8 or 5-7 type seasons.

Something tells me that Oregon wouldn't fare nearly as well as USC did.

As for the lack of numbers having an effect. They likely will have some effect next year, because we still won't be at 85. However, we will have a good bit more depth next year than we have had for the past 3 years. Much of that depth will be inexperienced because it will true/redshirt freshmen, but it will still be depth, so the numbers shouldn't be as much of an issue as they were for the past 3 years.

I think that 2016 is when we will truly be back to full strength. That's why I cringe a little when I see predictions of USC winning the PAC and making the cfp playoff this season.

Toughest games this year should be, in the order they are played:

Stanford
@ASU
@Notre Dame
@Oregon
UCLA

In addition to those games we have: Arizona who should be solid and in the mix with ASU, UCLA and USC for the South title. Washington, who I'm sure will have players who are going to come in and try to show up Sark and of course, Utah will likely be good enough to pull off an upset or 2 during the season.

I think that inexperience will likely cost us at least 2 of those games.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Confirming. Hasn't it been 6-7 years since Oregon has lost in Los Angeles between USC and UCLA?

Just confirming, the last time USC played at Autzen, we won with Lane Kiffin as our head coach.:yahoo:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice get for SC. The writing was on the wall, but I was still holding out hope that we had a chance at Gustin. Oh well. Not willing to cede the division or anything on an annual basis just because USC is killing it on the recruiting trail again. They always have and ASU has still managed a winning record against USC teams not coached by Pete Carroll.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess if thats all you can brag about then go for it. I didn't know they gave trophies for that but being Oregon I guess thats gonna have to do. lol

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just confirming, I believe Oregon has won two PAC titles and two Rose Bowls since USC won their last PAC title?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice get for SC. The writing was on the wall, but I was still holding out hope that we had a chance at Gustin. Oh well. Not willing to cede the division or anything on an annual basis just because USC is killing it on the recruiting trail again. They always have and ASU has still managed a winning record against USC teams not coached by Pete Carroll.

If only we knew how to defend the "Hail Mary.":L

Yeah, apparently Gustin was considered a heavy USC lean all along.

Also, I agree that ASU shouldn't cede a damn thing to USC. Even during the Pete Carroll era, ASU was considered the biggest threat to USC for several of those seasons.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just confirming, I believe Oregon has won two PAC titles and two Rose Bowls since USC won their last PAC title?

:lol: @Oregon taking advantage of USC being down for 5+ years to get 2 PAC titles and 2 Rose Bowls. Way to take advantage of that "window of opportunity." You guys sure nailed it.:pound:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only we knew how to defend the "Hail Mary.":L

Yeah, apparently Gustin was considered a heavy USC lean all along.

Also, I agree that ASU shouldn't cede a damn thing to USC. Even during the Pete Carroll era, ASU was considered the biggest threat to USC for several of those seasons.

Was he? Our side thought we had a pretty good chance up until the last couple weeks, but who knows? He'll be very good. Re the Carroll era, there were some decent games, but even when we were close, we could never close the deal. Derek Hagan suddenly catching the drops. Knocking Leinart out of the game and taking a nice lead into the half, only to give up like 300 yards on the ground in the 2nd half to Bush and LenDale. Carroll just had our number- And really good football teams.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he? Our side thought we had a pretty good chance up until the last couple weeks, but who knows? He'll be very good. Re the Carroll era, there were some decent games, but even when we were close, we could never close the deal. Derek Hagan suddenly catching the drops. Knocking Leinart out of the game and taking a nice lead into the half, only to give up like 300 yards on the ground in the 2nd half to Bush and LenDale. Carroll just had our number.

According to the article that 963 posted he was, but who really knows. These are kids and they can change their mind based on the direction the wind is blowing that day.

Carroll had a lot of teams number in those days. I can tell you from the perspective of a USC fan, ASU was always one of the teams that I worried most about during those years, especially at Sun Devil stadium. They always brought a little extra "nasty" into those games.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the article that 963 posted he was, but who really knows. These are kids and they can change their mind based on the direction the wind is blowing that day.

Carroll had a lot of teams number in those days. I can tell you from the perspective of a USC fan, ASU was always one of the teams that I worried most about during those years, especially at Sun Devil stadium. They always brought a little extra "nasty" into those games.

Yeah, I think it has to do with half the roster probably growing up wanting to go to USC originally. That stretch was a nice lesson in humility as a fan. I remember one game in Tempe that was blazing hot out. ASU was up and I'd been doing some good natured shit talking with a USC fan next to us. At the half, I got him a bottle of water "so he could stay hydrated for the tears later". He gave me one later on the way out of the stadium along with a "maybe next year".

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Case in point is Paulo committing to Utah. The past couple of weeks, he was considered to be favoring Oregon and Nebraska. :noidea:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it has to do with half the roster probably growing up wanting to go to USC originally. That stretch was a nice lesson in humility as a fan. I remember one game in Tempe that was blazing hot out. ASU was up and I'd been doing some good natured shit talking with a USC fan next to us. At the half, I got him a bottle of water "so he could stay hydrated for the tears later". He gave me one later on the way out of the stadium along with a "maybe next year".

I was born in Phoenix and my entire family (except me) are all ASU fans. I've gotten to attend a few USC/ASU games at Sun Devil stadium and had a blast every time I went, win or lose. Fortunately, it was mostly wins, but either way, I always had a great time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case in point is Paulo committing to Utah. The past couple of weeks, he was considered to be favoring Oregon and Nebraska. :noidea:

Exactly. I remember when Manti Te'o had his signing day. Everyone and their brother had him going to USC and then on signing day, he picks up the Notre Dame hat.

We may have dodged a bullet on that one though. It may have meant USC having a fake dead girlfriend to go along with Josh Shaw's fake drowning nephew.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.