• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon doesnt do it every year like USC does.

You sure about that? Oregon has had the same number of undefeated seasons during their run as USC did during the Pete Carroll era.

Last edited by a moderator:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that Jim Mora stays at UCLA.

I root for Mora, but wonder if he can ever be a legit coach at the NFL level. I feel like college is a much better fit for him. He got the short end of the stick with the Seahawks as he was fired after one only season, but Mora hasn't really done much at the NFL level that indicates he will ever be successful as an NFL head coach. He had one successful year with the Falcons, followed by two years of mediocrity. His 1 year with the Seahawks was not successful to say the least.

I wouldn't be surprised if his ambition gets the best of him and he shows interest in the job though. He's better off staying at UCLA and being successful for years instead of taking the 49ers job and being fired in 3 years and starting from scratch again.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mora at UCLA he will always be a 9-4 10-4 team. If he couldn't win the south this year with what he had, he won't win it again.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that Jim Mora stays at UCLA.

I root for Mora, but wonder if he can ever be a legit coach at the NFL level. I feel like college is a much better fit for him. He got the short end of the stick with the Seahawks as he was fired after one only season, but Mora hasn't really done much at the NFL level that indicates he will ever be successful as an NFL head coach. He had one successful year with the Falcons, followed by two years of mediocrity. His 1 year with the Seahawks was not successful to say the least.

I wouldn't be surprised if his ambition gets the best of him and he shows interest in the job though. He's better off staying at UCLA and being successful for years instead of taking the 49ers job and being fired in 3 years and starting from scratch again.

That sounds an awful lot like Pete Carroll before the Seahawks hired him. Plus, in San Francisco, he wouldn't be having to re-build the team like Carroll did in Seattle.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know mamba I can find a link providing Stanford's academic numbers. But I'm having a hard time finding anything supplying academic numbers for Florida prisons :noidea: they are good at foot bah though so ......

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know mamba I can find a link providing Stanford's academic numbers. But I'm having a hard time finding anything supplying academic numbers for Florida prisons :noidea: they are good at foot bah though so ......

I rarely actually lol while on the internet. But when I read those comments I laughed out loud. Then felt kinda bad about it.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds an awful lot like Pete Carroll before the Seahawks hired him. Plus, in San Francisco, he wouldn't be having to re-build the team like Carroll did in Seattle.

Eh I feel like Carroll had a much better track record, even in the NFL. With the Patriots, Carroll went 27-21, in comparison to the 31-33 record Mora has at the NFL level. Also, from 2002-2008 Carroll went an incredible 82-9 while finishing 1st place in the Pac-10 every one of those years. While Mora has been good at UCLA, it doesn't even compare to the dynasty that Carroll had created at USC during that 7 year stretch. In addition to that, Carroll had a lot of time to develop as a coach between his tenure with the Patriots and the Seahawks (around 10 years I believe).

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her comments were almost too stupid to insult so I simply provided the admission statistics.

I honestly believe many people have these sheltered views. Reality is hard to find for many Southerners I fear.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her comments were almost too stupid to insult so I simply provided the admission statistics.

KT has been here for a long time. She may be a little bit if a gators homer and she seems to have so etging against the lack. But she is a good person and poster and she does have a sense if humor

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe many people have these sheltered views. Reality is hard to find for many Southerners I fear.

When I was working on my undergrad, I told people I wanted to go to a top 3 law school (Yale, Stanford, Harvard). I would either 1 of 2 responses:

1. You're smart, you can do it! This came from people who had no comprehension of how ridiculously challenging it is to get into those schools.

2. Lol good luck. This came from people who understood how difficult those schools are to get into.

Obviously she has no idea that that Stanford is one of the best schools in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.