• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"7 win Sark" wins the 3rd most games by a coach in their 1st year at USC. I think 9 wins is about what we should have been expecting this year.

I definitely expect us to win 10+ games next year.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling this SC Freshman class will win a PAC title and play in a CFP before they are done.

Special class.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC 9 wins again next season. 2 losses among @Arizona State, @ Notre Dame and @ Oregon and then 1 more no one sees coming. they do it every year. Boston College this season, WSU last year, Arizona in 12 and so on.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling this SC Freshman class will win a PAC title and play in a CFP before they are done.

Special class.

Yeah, they are really talented. I think throwing them into the deep end of the pool this season will really payoff over the next couple of years. They got a lot more playing time this year than they would have if we were at full scholarships. They struggled and looked like freshmen at times, but generally had the talent to overcome their mistakes.

And we finally get to recruit a full 25 again too!!:yahoo:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC 9 wins again next season. 2 losses among @Arizona State, @ Notre Dame and @ Oregon and then 1 more no one sees coming. they do it every year. Boston College this season, WSU last year, Arizona in 12 and so on.[/QU
S

Should you be using ” they do it every year"? Considering Oregon has yet to win a single NC . Has less Rose Bowl wins than some teams not even in the PAC or Big 10. Less Rose bowl wins in a hundred years than USC had say between 2006 n 2009. Wouldn't that term fit your teams history even recently ? Just sayin.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC 9 wins again next season. 2 losses among @Arizona State, @ Notre Dame and @ Oregon and then 1 more no one sees coming. they do it every year. Boston College this season, WSU last year, Arizona in 12 and so on.

I could see anywhere from 9-3 to 12-0 next year. Most likely losses would be @ASU and @Oregon. I know Notre Dame falling off the cliff was injury related to some degree, but I also think they were a bit overrated even when they were healthy. I believe they lose a few guys too.

Oregon will largely depend on how well Mahalak does in his first season. The game is at the end of the year, so he should be comfortable in the offense and with being the starter by then. Should be a great game.

Depth will still be a little bit of an issue next year, but not nearly as bad as the past few years. It won't 85 vs. 85, but it also won't be 85 vs. 50ish anymore.

Apparently Kessler has confirmed that he is coming back, so that should help a lot. Not sure which way Agholor is leaning yet. Leonard Williams is said to be wavering and may stay, although I think he's nuts if he does. He's looking at being a top 5 pick and possibly #1 overall, so staying can only potentially cost him money.

The only reason that I could see Agholor and/or Williams staying is if they believe we have a shot at doing something special next year and they want to be a part of it.

Anyway, that's my way too early breakdown for next year.:suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Hearing that with Harbaugh out with the 49ers, that SF is going after UCLAs Jim Mora. He's turned down other college jobs like UofTexas, but most have said that if the right NFL job came along, he'd accept.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Hearing that with Harbaugh out with the 49ers, that SF is going after UCLAs Jim Mora. He's turned down other college jobs like UofTexas, but most have said that if the right NFL job came along, he'd accept.

That could be interesting. If he went, he'd be set up to have success right away rather than have to build something almost from scratch like PC did with the Seahawks. Like you said, he's turned down other colleges. He says he's happy at UCLA, but when the NFL comes calling, a coach has to listen and there's no way UCLA can pay him what the Niners can.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Mora, but is he really the very top candidate the 9'ers can find? A guy with one year NFL head coaching experience and was run out of town?

Feels like more of those unsubstantiated rumors that always fly around these things and were nothing more than speculation by some reporter trying to stir up conversation.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were all of you aware that Florida academic standards trump those of Stanford?

I was just informed by a Florida fan.

:spit:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were all of you aware that Florida academic standards trump those of Stanford?

I was just informed by a Florida fan.

:spit:

Yeah, that was pretty funny. First she posts about how "unimpressive" Harbaugh's success was at Stanford before admitting that she doesn't follow PAC football when shown what he really accomplished.

Then claims that Florida has higher academic standards because they show up on a list that Stanford isn't even on because it was for public schools and Stanford is private.

I would LOVE for our resident Stanford fans to read and weigh in on that one.:lol:

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Sark.

God I was getting flashbacks to the 7win Sark thing tonight watching the USC team playing undisciplined and getting stupid bone head penalty after penalty. Especially on defense. I was just rolling my eyes when that moron Dlineman got back to back unsportsman flags. Idiot should of been sent to the showers and made to walk back to LA for that crap. But that's Sark ball so there you go.

I wanted to vomit when they were already claiming that USC is a lock to make the playoffs next year. Sark's penalty fests will always cost a team at least 1 game a season. It's going to be the same story next year and will probably cost them a playoff shot. USC fans better pray the talent on the team alone gets them there, because the flags aren't.

I love the 7win Sark coming from a UW fan. It points out that just being from USC is +2 wins better than UW. Nice of UW fans to admit their program inferiority.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beaver HC GA hired Colorada State's OC D Baldwin to the same position on Sunday. WOW...this guy is quietly putting together quite a staff quickly.

GTFO of Gary's way and watch what happens next...:clap:

Baldwin coordinated one of college football's more potent offenses in 2014, using a versatile attack that currently ranks in the top 20 in the nation in total offense (18th, 480.9 yards per game) and passing offense (eighth, 321.6 yards per game).

Oregon State hires Colorado State's Dave Baldwin as offensive coordinator, Utah State's Kevin McGiven as quarterbacks coach | OregonLive.com

New OSU staff under Gary Andersen
Assistant head coach/defensive coordinator Kalani Sitake (officially announced)
Offensive coordinator Dave Baldwin (officially announced)
Quarterbacks coach Kevin McGiven (officially announced)
Wide receivers coach Brent Brennan (officially announced)
Offensive line coach T.J. Woods (officially announced)
Defensive line coach Chad Kauha'aha'a (officially announced)
Linebackers coach Ilaisa Tuiaki (officially announced)
Defensive backs coach Derrick Odum (officially announced)
Associate athletic director/chief of staff Zach Nyborg (officially announced)
Director of football operations and student services Jason Thomas (officially announced)
Director of player personnel Vincent Guinta (officially announced)
Strength and conditioning coach Evan Simon (officially announced)
*Running backs coach has not yet been hired.

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon state has put together a really nice crew. PAC north just got even more competitive.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Mora, but is he really the very top candidate the 9'ers can find? A guy with one year NFL head coaching experience and was run out of town?

Feels like more of those unsubstantiated rumors that always fly around these things and were nothing more than speculation by some reporter trying to stir up conversation.

Wasn't he also a coach for the Atlanta Falcons for a few years?

Mora to 9ers could work, but the issue is ownership and the GM. Mora would want full say, and Harbaugh, even with his teams making the playoffs, didn't get it. If York and Baalke want a yes man, Mora isn't their guy. Mora would tell them to go F themselves quickly and often.

Mora is more suited for the NFL when it comes to personality. He has no filter when it comes to his mouth and tends to throw assistants and players under the bus all the time. But he's proven to be a great recruiter so he's bringing the recruits in that UCLA needs to compete in the PAC and minimize the built in advantages at USC.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9ers are also requesting to interview both the Seahawks and Cardinals DCs for the HC position. Mora may be a candidate, but there are others who will be interviewed who are more likely choices.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC 9 wins again next season. 2 losses among @Arizona State, @ Notre Dame and @ Oregon and then 1 more no one sees coming. they do it every year. Boston College this season, WSU last year, Arizona in 12 and so on.[/QU
S

Should you be using ” they do it every year"? Considering Oregon has yet to win a single NC . Has less Rose Bowl wins than some teams not even in the PAC or Big 10. Less Rose bowl wins in a hundred years than USC had say between 2006 n 2009. Wouldn't that term fit your teams history even recently ? Just sayin.

Oregon doesnt do it every year like USC does.

Status
Not open for further replies.