• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be nice not playing 35 players down next year

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Sark.

God I was getting flashbacks to the 7win Sark thing tonight watching the USC team playing undisciplined and getting stupid bone head penalty after penalty. Especially on defense. I was just rolling my eyes when that moron Dlineman got back to back unsportsman flags. Idiot should of been sent to the showers and made to walk back to LA for that crap. But that's Sark ball so there you go.

I wanted to vomit when they were already claiming that USC is a lock to make the playoffs next year. Sark's penalty fests will always cost a team at least 1 game a season. It's going to be the same story next year and will probably cost them a playoff shot. USC fans better pray the talent on the team alone gets them there, because the flags aren't.

7870466a6b461922ea4bff0a135f8493372fefb9b2f8e37dbf071a743d6af6c9.jpg

And no one was claiming that USC was a lock for anything. They said USC that if Kessler comes back, they will have top 4 talent. But don't let facts get in the way of your butthurt.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fight On \/!!!! Sloppy defense but a great game. Was having asu flashbacks at the end

Me too. You could see the defense was getting gassed early in the 4th quarter. Kudos to Nebraska, every time it looked like USC was going to blow the game open, they would fight back and make it close again.

Fun game, but nerve wracking as hell. :lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"that moron dlineman" is going to be a top 5 pick in the NFL draft next year. lol.

First one was borderline, but the refs had to make that call. The second was crap.

The one that pissed me off was Adoree Jackson's "Reggie Bush flip" into the end zone. I didn't like it when Bush used to do it and don't want to see these guys doing it.

The number of false starts were pretty annoying too (I think there were about 7 of those). Likely just freshmen playing in their first bowl game. Cleaned it up pretty well after the first quarter.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fight On \/!!!! Sloppy defense but a great game. Was having asu flashbacks at the end

We'll try to make sure it's over before the last few minutes of the game next year. Going for 4 of the last 5. Need to make up for all those CPC Era ass kickings. Used to be USC vs. ASU was basically 50/50

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Kessler officially announced he will return for his senior season. (this was all but a given already)

I'd say that's a wise move since he has two Heisman winners ahead of him and likely more.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll try to make sure it's over before the last few minutes of the game next year. Going for 4 of the last 5. Need to make up for all those CPC Era ass kickings. Used to be USC vs. ASU was basically 50/50

It might take a top four team to win the South next year!

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF you get into that Revival book yet? I finished it. Very weird but I liked it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Sark.

God I was getting flashbacks to the 7win Sark thing tonight watching the USC team playing undisciplined and getting stupid bone head penalty after penalty. Especially on defense. I was just rolling my eyes when that moron Dlineman got back to back unsportsman flags. Idiot should of been sent to the showers and made to walk back to LA for that crap. But that's Sark ball so there you go.

I wanted to vomit when they were already claiming that USC is a lock to make the playoffs next year. Sark's penalty fests will always cost a team at least 1 game a season. It's going to be the same story next year and will probably cost them a playoff shot. USC fans better pray the talent on the team alone gets them there, because the flags aren't.

Gotta laugh at still butt hurt doggie fans finding any reason to bitch about Sark. Petes teams were the most penalized too at SC and his team in Seattle is the most penalized in the NFL this year and was last year. How has that work out for him? LOL. While I agree you need to know the situation but if you have talented players they will sometimes be overly aggressive or get excited over a big plays. Its a trade off you take for getting high end talent that you have playing fast and aggressive. Williams is exactly the type of player Pete would embrace even with the penalties. And don't you feel stupid still calling him 7 win Sark when he's 9-4 in his first year at SC?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta laugh at still butt hurt doggie fans finding any reason to bitch about Sark. Petes teams were the most penalized too at SC and his team in Seattle is the most penalized in the NFL this year and was last year. How has that work out for him? LOL. While I agree you need to know the situation but if you have talented players they will sometimes be overly aggressive or get excited over a big plays. Its a trade off you take for getting high end talent that you have playing fast and aggressive. Williams is exactly the type of player Pete would embrace even with the penalties. And don't you feel stupid still calling him 7 win Sark when he's 9-4 in his first year at SC?

That's your response? Talented players get excited about big plays? No one's "butt hurt" here. You'll be happy with your team's future with Sark if you're happy with undisciplined talented players who aren't expected to control their emotions.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so cute seeing UW fans accept a term that we coined in 7 win Steve. You go from defending that moniker one year to using it everytime talking about Sark. Little brother doesn't win much but we sure make cool terms that Ducks and Huskies like to use.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so cute seeing UW fans accept a term that we coined in 7 win Steve. You go from defending that moniker one year to using it everytime talking about Sark. Little brother doesn't win much but we sure make cool terms that Ducks and Huskies like to use.

The whole "seven win Sark" thing was kind of a dig when it came from Oregon fans. "Cute" is fans of a team who hasn't reached seven wins in more than 10 years thinking they're clever for using the term.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your response? Talented players get excited about big plays? No one's "butt hurt" here. You'll be happy with your team's future with Sark if you're happy with undisciplined talented players who aren't expected to control their emotions.

Yes that's my response because it's spot on. Are you unhappy with The Seahawks season last year? Petes team kinda won it all. And this year?Not happy? They do happen to lead the league in penalties. You not happy with the results?
If the team is talented and plays well aggressive penalties can be overcome. If they aren't that good penalties or not they wont go anywhere. Would I like to see no penalties? Of course but i realize the players that come to USC since Pete was here are aggressive and are flashy and do get called for more penalties.It's frustrating but it's more the players USC gets, the system that Pete started.
Oh, and yes you and most other Washington fans are still but hurt and you just can';t help post to show it. I can summerize 90% of your fan bases posts with " thats 7 win Sark for you , he just can't control his players, you better get used to it". We should say Oh that again? LOL

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears things getting really ugly at Utah with the Whittingham situation. Lots of rumors floating around right now, but still, it's the last week of Dec and LOI day is about 5 weeks from now. Cutting it awfully close.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF you get into that Revival book yet? I finished it. Very weird but I liked it.

Not yet. A friend loaned me that book about ESPN. I'm almost done with it and am going to start Revival as soon as I finish.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Regent is definitely still butthurt, although, to be fair, I believe he said he was going to be for awhile. As far as the penalties, Regent was a bit "dramatic." Yes, there were some penalties. However, most were not nearly as bad as Regent made them out to be.

There were 8 of them in the first quarter, most of which were committed by true freshmen playing in their first bowl game. Most of them were false starts and offsides which can be chalked up to freshmen being excited/nervous for their first bowl appearance. However, there were 12 total for the game and USC averaged 11 per game during the season.

There were 2 against Leonard Williams, one was a borderline call, but it's how the game is called in college, so the refs really had no choice. The other was pure bullshit. Neither would have been penalties in the NFL.

The only penalty that I saw that was truly stupid was the excessive celebration penalty when Adoree Jackson (another true freshman) did the "Reggie Bush flip" into the end zone when he returned a kickoff for a touchdown. According to him, his Dad was unable to attend the game and asked him to "do something for him" and that was what he chose to do. Personally, I would have preferred that he chose a way to honor his Dad that didn't result in a penalty and Nebraska getting the ball at midfield, but freshmen will be freshmen.

End of the day, Husky fans seem happy with Petersen and USC fans, for the most part, are happy with Sark. Ultimately, I think both coaches are in the right program. Perhaps we can all just leave it at that?

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole "seven win Sark" thing was kind of a dig when it came from Oregon fans. "Cute" is fans of a team who hasn't reached seven wins in more than 10 years thinking they're clever for using the term.

And you all cried like little girls every time it was used, just like you do now when the Duck fans start in on you. USC fans just laugh when the term is used because we know USC doesn't have to worry about it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears things getting really ugly at Utah with the Whittingham situation. Lots of rumors floating around right now, but still, it's the last week of Dec and LOI day is about 5 weeks from now. Cutting it awfully close.

I honestly haven't kept up. What's going on? The only thing I've heard is that he's considering leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.