• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, no. Not even close. Their next 3 games are against teams they should beat with anyone at QB. There is ZERO chance he only got 1 game because of need.

As I said to mcnabb, when there were no charges at all in this case and no evidence he directly attacked anyone the coaches have to process this in a way that leaves the scale of justice intact. You can't punish that 4 games and then deal with a DUI or other such worse situation with the same punishment.

How is being suspended for the entire spring cycle and missing the first game not substantial for what he actually did?

I just thought Coach Pete would set a precedent here Whiz...just "squashin balls" is all, settle down, the punishment has been handed out now and is over after game 1.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought Coach Pete would set a precedent here Whiz...just "squashin balls" is all, settle down, the punishment has been handed out now and is over after game 1.

I honestly think that sitting him out a game is substantial for what actually happened. Cyler wasn't innocent, but there is no charge he actually hit anyone. Now Stringfellow was in a different boat and he not voluntarily left the program I'd have expected him to miss at least 4 games (probably why he left).

When you are a QB trying to win a starting job at a major program and probably still have NFL dreams missing the entire spring during a coaching/scheme change AND sitting out a game is huge.

The other kids behind him are salivating no doubt. Cyler is now going to have to work his ass off to win that starting position and the kids behind him are going to get far more experience than had this never happened.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always enjoy listening to Riley. I'd easily vote him Pac coach I'd most want to go out to lunch with.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still love the Pirate!

Talking about crowd noise.

Q. Does that make a difference on game day?
COACH LEACH: On game day? Well, I don't know. Statistics are a funny thing. I imagine it could go either direction. It might. You know, the loudest stadium I've ever played in was 45,000 people at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock, Arkansas. The entire thing is concrete. It's like dropping a ball bearing in the neighbor's basement. Just the whole thing echoes. Anything you say or do echoes five times. Well, five times 45,000 is almost 250,000. It's really loud. Of course everybody wants their stadium to be the loudest. All those people want their stadium to be the loudest.
When Arkansas used to play, it wasn't as loud as War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock, Arkansas. But, yeah, I imagine. Then there are other places that are quieter and have a lot of people and somehow the noise doesn't hold. But we've been regarded as a relatively loud environment. Of course, anytime you're the home team, that's hard to gauge. But when I coached at Oklahoma, I thought, yeah, it's pretty loud. Then when we played against Oklahoma, I realized it was really loud.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still love the Pirate!

Talking about crowd noise.

Q. Does that make a difference on game day?
COACH LEACH: On game day? Well, I don't know. Statistics are a funny thing. I imagine it could go either direction. It might. You know, the loudest stadium I've ever played in was 45,000 people at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock, Arkansas. The entire thing is concrete. It's like dropping a ball bearing in the neighbor's basement. Just the whole thing echoes. Anything you say or do echoes five times. Well, five times 45,000 is almost 250,000. It's really loud. Of course everybody wants their stadium to be the loudest. All those people want their stadium to be the loudest.
When Arkansas used to play, it wasn't as loud as War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock, Arkansas. But, yeah, I imagine. Then there are other places that are quieter and have a lot of people and somehow the noise doesn't hold. But we've been regarded as a relatively loud environment. Of course, anytime you're the home team, that's hard to gauge. But when I coached at Oklahoma, I thought, yeah, it's pretty loud. Then when we played against Oklahoma, I realized it was really loud.

:scratch:

Sooo, does crowd noise make a difference on gameday?:noidea:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we are hearing anything significant at the media days, but it is still the sort of unofficial kickoff of the season as it happens so close to the open of fall camps so if you can't get excited over this time of year you aren't a college football fan.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready for the CFB season to start.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No news this close to summer camp is a good thing eh boys?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything of merit in what he had to say Whiz? Mannion or Doctor?

Yeah, I would have to throw back a brown bottle or two w/ Mike. Would be interesting.

Riley recommended that you not do anymore avy bets with me.:whistle:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! UCLA, what a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendricks admitting UCLA plays dirty. Maybe without that scumbag Zumwalt on the Sam hey will actually focus on trying to win rather than trying to injure players.

Last edited by a moderator:

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D5u1Y0F.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.