• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything of merit in what he had to say Whiz? Mannion or Doctor?

Yeah, I would have to throw back a brown bottle or two w/ Mike. Would be interesting.

Talked a lot about the defense and the strength at LB and safety. He did talk about Mannion, but I don't think you will find any of it really news worthy. More rah rah for the guy and where they are at.

He was asked about coming out flat to open the last couple of seasons and he did say it is something they have been emphasizing over the off season.

It's just hard to not come away feeling better about his team after he talks than before hearing him. I know that's kind of a thing with most HC's in college, but you never feel like he is just blowing smoke. Always has the ability to say the tough things others won't and just give it to you straight and how can you not admire that?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ THATS what I have been talking about here for years...:suds:

When he gets it, we drink!

On me at Malones til closing. That is one hell of an accomplishment.

Thin how this sounds.

Sean Mannion, PAC record holder for most passing yards ever.

Think of the names :shocked:

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have, after today, never been more proud of how David Shaw represents Stanford's program.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have, after today, never been more proud of how David Shaw represents Stanford's program.

What up Buddha?

Still planning a trip to Autzen with your ol man? If so, be sure we will roll the yellow carpet out for ya.

Just bring an appetite for good food and drink. I will be offended if you bring one damn thing.

:suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of pac pick'em (from another thread) I'm assuming we are going to run our own ATS contest again this year.

How did we like the format last year? Any changes we want? Well beyond the obvious of always rounding to the next .5 to avoid ties again.

All Pac games count as 2pt and big non Pac games count for 1pt. Since this is a Pac contest I suggest no more than 4 non Pac games any given week.

I would further want to leave Mamba again in charge of setting up the games and pulling the lines each week.

I will take care of the results and season totals if I can get one or two people to back me up in case I get busy at work.

Thoughts on it?

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 780.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be all jealous lil Ute. Sooner or later your program will end up better than bottom of the barrel in the Pac and you won't need to hate on others anymore.

Petersen isn't a great Pac coach... yet. He just got here. If pundits have him as a great coach nationally based on his body of work then so be it. Those opinions don't win games.

I'm not Jealous at all.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What up Buddha?

Still planning a trip to Autzen with your ol man? If so, be sure we will roll the yellow carpet out for ya.

Just bring an appetite for good food and drink. I will be offended if you bring one damn thing.

:suds:

I heard he has Family in Humbolt County???

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of pac pick'em (from another thread) I'm assuming we are going to run our own ATS contest again this year.

How did we like the format last year? Any changes we want? Well beyond the obvious of always rounding to the next .5 to avoid ties again.

All Pac games count as 2pt and big non Pac games count for 1pt. Since this is a Pac contest I suggest no more than 4 non Pac games any given week.

I would further want to leave Mamba again in charge of setting up the games and pulling the lines each week.

I will take care of the results and season totals if I can get one or two people to back me up in case I get busy at work.

Thoughts on it?

Sounds good all the way around.

I thought about a seperate thread for each weeks pickem. Then after week transfer em to the main PAC thread.
How do you all feel about that? Once we get the Sun Devils and Zona boys back in here we will be pretty busy I imagine.
Ale it easier on those sifting through threads. I will leave that decision to you Wiz, as you have volunteered to do the tallys, time permitting.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good all the way around.

I thought about a seperate thread for each weeks pickem. Then after week transfer em to the main PAC thread.
How do you all feel about that? Once we get the Sun Devils and Zona boys back in here we will be pretty busy I imagine.
Ale it easier on those sifting through threads. I will leave that decision to you Wiz, as you have volunteered to do the tallys, time permitting.

Sure easier to pull out the data when it's not scattered across 15-20 pages as happened more than once last year. Some of those weeks create a lot of banter over key games. I know you worried about people not partaking if it was in a separate thread so maybe do the first week or two in the main and then when it's established move them off to their own thread for each game week. :noidea:

Hell, I don't care. Just giving everyone a few weeks to put forward their views on how we might improve it over last years. We did get some good participation, but I'm sure we all want even more people to take part this year.

Ours is the only game against the spread which makes it the most challenging one. Gotta get some people excited and involved in it. Hope 4D20 wasn't too discouraged after last year to give it another go.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good. Mamba was solid with the lines and as long we got a primary and pair of backups for results, should be good to go.
Like the idea of a dedicated PAC pickum thread. PAC is going to be where the action is this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts on it?

I'll help out on the tally's when needed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure easier to pull out the data when it's not scattered across 15-20 pages as happened more than once last year. Some of those weeks create a lot of banter over key games. I know you worried about people not partaking if it was in a separate thread so maybe do the first week or two in the main and then when it's established move them off to their own thread for each game week. :noidea:

Hell, I don't care. Just giving everyone a few weeks to put forward their views on how we might improve it over last years. We did get some good participation, but I'm sure we all want even more people to take part this year.

Ours is the only game against the spread which makes it the most challenging one. Gotta get some people excited and involved in it. Hope 4D20 wasn't too discouraged after last year to give it another go.

Why not sticky it each week on the main board, lock it once the picks are in and then unsticky once the games are over and the tally is done?

Makes it easy to find, only keeps it stickied for a couple of days so as not to clog the board and then it disappears quickly into the bowels of the SportsHoopla.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he gets it, we drink!

On me at Malones til closing. That is one hell of an accomplishment.

Thin how this sounds.

Sean Mannion, PAC record holder for most passing yards ever.

Think of the names :shocked:

INIT to win it BABY!

I don't know a lot...

Elway
Plunkett
Smith ( a few more @ State)
a ton @ Oregon
a ton @ USC
a ton @ UCLA
a ton @ UW
a few @ Wazzou
a couple @ ASU
a couple @ Zona
:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Group hug before the season?

Sure. One last tPAC hug before hell is unleashed. I can already sense the storm brewing. PAC North is going to be absolutely blowing doors off this year. Gonna be an amazing season of football.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not sticky it each week on the main board, lock it once the picks are in and then unsticky once the games are over and the tally is done?

Makes it easy to find, only keeps it stickied for a couple of days so as not to clog the board and then it disappears quickly into the bowels of the SportsHoopla.
Have to run that by the guys upstairs. Remember all the bitching over sticky threads last year? :L

For whatever reason it seems if people have to actually scroll down a little to see threads they haven't caught up on during the season they freak out.

I mean I'm all for it. Sticky from Monday when the lines are up until Thur when the first game goes, but we will see how much bitching there is about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.