• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Wally, this fan would not mind more Rose Bowl trophies in the case whether they come with a semi berth or not.

#oldschoolPACfan

Love the Grandaddy and always will.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley is only 61 years old Whiz, rides a bicycle to work everyday. I can see him going til 70 IF he wants too and is healthy. The JoPa of the Pac let's say.

That would be awesome. If he brings a PAC and Rose trophy to Cornvalley.....

Statue time?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be awesome. If he brings a PAC and Rose trophy to Cornvalley.....

Statue time?

IF NOT I'll head down there for a day and do my best imitation of Riley as a statute during a game down there...I look a little like him, cept I still have me hair on top of the domer. Might even have to paint meself a bronze color as well. :scratch:

ANYTHING he does as far as post season wins is good, including a Rose Bowl win of course. :suds:

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's not everyday your coach gets hired away by a better program and you end up upgrading your coach

Doogs definitely made out by losing Sark and getting the mid-major coach

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the 12PAC media days, some of the guys made some comments re: paying players that I think most of us can appreciate:

Oregon's Marcus Mariota (who could be in an NFL training camp right now): "Getting an education should be sufficient enough for what you do out on the field".

Cal's Stefan McClure: "It's a slippery slope. You talk about being employed, then you have to talk about taxes and all that...You really shouldn't worry about it because you're not going to be able to change it while you're here".

USC's Leonard Williams: "We have a full-time job basically. But we signed up for it. We knew what we were getting into".

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the 12PAC media days, some of the guys made some comments re: paying players that I think most of us can appreciate:

Oregon's Marcus Mariota (who could be in an NFL training camp right now): "Getting an education should be sufficient enough for what you do out on the field".

Cal's Stefan McClure: "It's a slippery slope. You talk about being employed, then you have to talk about taxes and all that...You really shouldn't worry about it because you're not going to be able to change it while you're here".

USC's Leonard Williams: "We have a full-time job basically. But we signed up for it. We knew what we were getting into".

That's the difference between Pac players and the rest of the conferences, these kids understand its an honor and free education there getting out of this...

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the difference between Pac players and the rest of the conferences, these kids understand its an honor and free education there getting out of this...

Well let's hope the injury bug is avoided and the work towards a degree gets done during a 4 year term. All's well until something bad happens that was not planned for. Football is a violent sport where one collision can end a career. I like the idea of athletes getting a lifetime of education free and their college playing days HC covered for life as well. Seems fair to me considering the athletic output in revenue a school receives during their playing days.

I'm not sure many IF any current athletes understand this from ANY conference in the land let alone the Pac12 McNabb.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's hope the injury bug is avoided and the work towards a degree gets done during a 4 year term. All's well until something bad happens that was not planned for. Football is a violent sport where one collision can end a career. I like the idea of athletes getting a lifetime of education free and their college playing days HC covered for life as well. Seems fair to me considering the athletic output in revenue a school receives during their playing days.

I'm not sure many IF any current athletes understand this from ANY conference in the land let alone the Pac12 McNabb.

Actually, many schools allow athletes who leave early to come back and finish their education. Also, if a player suffers a career ending injury, they still get to remain at the school to complete their education. I believe that most, if not all, 12PAC schools practice this. I can't really speak to other conferences on it.

As for the lifetime healthcare for injuries suffered while playing in college. I agree this should happen, but am unsure if it does.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya, I saw a piece on Mariota. He is going for a degree in bio engineering.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC media days continue.

Day 2 on PAC net now.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
media days is going on, and it's streaming free online at the pac12 network page if you don't get that network.

First news out of the day: Cyler Miles will be suspended for the season opener at Hawaii for UW.

Not a surprise given the legal issues around the super bowl and the attacks he and Stringfellow were involved in after the Seahawks slapped around Cyler's favorite team.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
media days is going on, and it's streaming free online at the pac12 network page if you don't get that network.

First news out of the day: Cyler Miles will be suspended for the season opener at Hawaii for UW.

Not a surprise given the legal issues around the super bowl and the attacks he and Stringfellow were involved in after the Seahawks slapped around Cyler's favorite team.

:L Well it's good to see you let that whole incident go to the way side....

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A slap on the wrist from Coach Pete for the thug? Guess he NEEDS a QB and will let Miles off easy to do so.

Same old, same old I spose.:scratch:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is letting it go by the wayside? :noidea:

I said throw both of them off the team. There were no charges against Cyler so there is only so much the team/school can or should do.

In Cyler's case he now is on his only and last chance. I'm happy he is going to sit out that first game and while I might have sat him out for more, there are precedents to set and you can't go 2-4 with him and then have something worse come up and not give you any room. He was involved altercations after that SB and was suspended for all of spring (no trivial matter with a new coaching staff and schemes when you are fighting to win the starting QB slot) and now will miss the opening game.

I don't dismiss what he did and like I said, he's on his last chance, but he is likely the starting QB for our team for 11 games this fall and I will support him accordingly. Just like ASJ last year.

If you or anyone else is unwilling/unable to process the mistakes of kids at this level then by all means carry on. I just always remind myself they are indeed kids and should be treated as such. I might get over one mistake, but don't try a second one.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A slap on the wrist from Coach Pete for the thug? Guess he NEEDS a QB and will let Miles off easy to do so.

Same old, same old I spose.:scratch:

Um, no. Not even close. Their next 3 games are against teams they should beat with anyone at QB. There is ZERO chance he only got 1 game because of need.

As I said to mcnabb, when there were no charges at all in this case and no evidence he directly attacked anyone the coaches have to process this in a way that leaves the scale of justice intact. You can't punish that 4 games and then deal with a DUI or other such worse situation with the same punishment.

How is being suspended for the entire spring cycle and missing the first game not substantial for what he actually did?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is letting it go by the wayside? :noidea:

I said throw both of them off the team. There were no charges against Cyler so there is only so much the team/school can or should do.

In Cyler's case he now is on his only and last chance. I'm happy he is going to sit out that first game and while I might have sat him out for more, there are precedents to set and you can't go 2-4 with him and then have something worse come up and not give you any room. He was involved altercations after that SB and was suspended for all of spring (no trivial matter with a new coaching staff and schemes when you are fighting to win the starting QB slot) and now will miss the opening game.

I don't dismiss what he did and like I said, he's on his last chance, but he is likely the starting QB for our team for 11 games this fall and I will support him accordingly. Just like ASJ last year.

If you or anyone else is unwilling/unable to process the mistakes of kids at this level then by all means carry on. I just always remind myself they are indeed kids and should be treated as such. I might get over one mistake, but don't try a second one.

Nope I'm way over it, he did his time plus a game, he will compete for a job and it's water under the bridge in my eyes, kids make mistakes, hell I made them, as I'm sure everyone else here...

Status
Not open for further replies.