• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The only teams left on the schedule with winning records are the Bears and Lions

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hardest part of the schedule is over as the only teams left with winning records that we have to play are the Bears and Lions. When the schedule comes out each year we try to figure how we think the team will do but as we can see each new year is never the same as the previous year. WHen I saw the schedule I was not thinking Atlanta and Pittsburgh would have their current records.

Of course there is the on any given Sunday situation where if your team melts down like we did with the Bengals that your team can lose but it does look more favorable for the rest of the season compared to the games we have already played. The Steelers, Falcons and Giants don't look as tough now as they were thought to be at the start of the season and am guessing the Packers will be favored in all of the other games as well.

If we can avoid any more serious injuries and play competent football with an improved running game and tough physical defense we will get players back in the next few months and be close to full strength gelling in December getting ready for the playoffs.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of this being a somewhat interesting stat - it means NOTHING! How many people gave the Bolts any chance of beating the Colts the other Monday night? Upsets happen all the time is this league - that's why it's the pros!

I'd rather line up against a hot team any day of the week. Teams' prepare better for big games when they're not lulled to sleep by their own hype. Not only that, once GB gets to the playoffs, they're playing the best in the league - which is when it really matters.

Sorry, I like a lot of your posts, but this just isn't one of them. There just aren't any sure victories in this league, and it's poor form to get shit like this in our heads, the players heads, etc.

coulomb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the giants haven't won a game yet, but I sure hope the packers treat that team like the team that has been kicking their ass the last 3 years, not like a winless peon.

Yeah, alot of the teams left were predicted to be good but are very much underachieving. Like Pitt, Philly, Atl and Minny. Speaking of Minny, weren't they supposed to challenge for the NFCN title this year? I guess they are still riding the thrill of beating GB in Minnesota last year, oh well, it breaks my heart to see them struggle.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beginning of the season everyone was stating how difficult the schedule would be... other than Falcons really falling and Giants not winning a game yet.. it is shaping up how I thought.

Figured our first 6 games would be most difficult stretch opponent wise. Most important games Divisional and figured Lions and Bears would be the 2 teams we would be fighting for winning division. Did not think Bears defense would be as lousy as it has been though.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season reminds me of the SB season. We had a ton of injuries that year and we never played our best football until the end of the season. We haven't played our best football this season yet either. When Rodgers really starts clicking plus when our running game is going like its going, we are going to be hard to stop.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of this being a somewhat interesting stat - it means NOTHING! How many people gave the Bolts any chance of beating the Colts the other Monday night? Upsets happen all the time is this league - that's why it's the pros!

I'd rather line up against a hot team any day of the week. Teams' prepare better for big games when they're not lulled to sleep by their own hype. Not only that, once GB gets to the playoffs, they're playing the best in the league - which is when it really matters.

Sorry, I like a lot of your posts, but this just isn't one of them. There just aren't any sure victories in this league, and it's poor form to get shit like this in our heads, the players heads, etc.

It doesn't mean nothing. Sure upsets happen but they are called upsets for a reason. OP didn't post anything bad he simply said the hardest part of the schedule is over and most of the rest of the schedule doesn't have a winning record. That's completely accurate. You are acting like he said it's going to be a cakewalk and we're guaranteed to be undefeated here on out, he didn't say anything about "sure victories". You way overreacted IMO

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't mean nothing. Sure upsets happen but they are called upsets for a reason. OP didn't post anything bad he simply said the hardest part of the schedule is over and most of the rest of the schedule doesn't have a winning record. That's completely accurate. You are acting like he said it's going to be a cakewalk and we're guaranteed to be undefeated here on out, he didn't say anything about "sure victories". You way overreacted IMO

You're very sensative. I'll keep that in mind when posting. Wouldn't want to hurt your feelings! :lame:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season reminds me of the SB season. We had a ton of injuries that year and we never played our best football until the end of the season. We haven't played our best football this season yet either. When Rodgers really starts clicking plus when our running game is going like its going, we are going to be hard to stop.

Packers fans were stating the same last year as well regarding injuries...

SD, NE, Atlanta and Pittsburgh are teams I can name off top of my head that have as bad or worse injury situation than Packers. Seattle had Harvin, top DL and 3 starters on OL out for multiple games.

More injuries seem to be the new norm in the NFL... seems that teams that win Super Bowl recently grind out the wins in regular season, get their key players healthy towards end of regular season and playoffs and get hot at the right time.

Packers 2010
Giants 2011 (their D-line was all banged up in regular season)
Ravens 2012 (Suggs, Lewis... never did get Webb back for stretch run)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're very sensative. I'll keep that in mind when posting. Wouldn't want to hurt your feelings! :lame:
lol, I'm "sensative" for accurately pointing out your overreaction and misrepresentation of what someone else wrote. :L

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I'm "sensative" for accurately pointing out your overreaction and misrepresentation of what someone else wrote. :L

Truth be told, I like Lambeaulegs, and said as much in my post. Seems he's more secure with my reaction to his post than you!

Additionally, I was more in disagreement with his thread title, than I was with his actual comments. I actually agree with most all of his opening post comments. But I also feel - and I clearly spelled this out - that complacency can stop a team dead in its tracks. Your reaction to my reaction is "overeaction"!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Packers, I wouldn't sleep on the Eagles - Eagles can score points and you guys will have to keep up with them - I don't know if the Eagles win that game or not(it's weeks away so I'm not really thinking about that game yet) but that should be a good game

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles can score, but they can't stop anybody from scoring. That's a big problem

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told, I like Lambeaulegs, and said as much in my post. Seems he's more secure with my reaction to his post than you!

Additionally, I was more in disagreement with his thread title, than I was with his actual comments. I actually agree with most all of his opening post comments. But I also feel - and I clearly spelled this out - that complacency can stop a team dead in its tracks. Your reaction to my reaction is "overeaction"!

I don't think fan message board complacency has ever stopped a team from doing anything. Either way you are the one who seems upset when my reply to you was anything but offensive.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Packers, I wouldn't sleep on the Eagles - Eagles can score points and you guys will have to keep up with them - I don't know if the Eagles win that game or not(it's weeks away so I'm not really thinking about that game yet) but that should be a good game

I wouldn't say the Packers have to keep up with the Eagles scoring considering our PPG averages are nearly identical. Eagles: 27.7, Packers: 27.4. Not to mention you guys do that in a lot more plays than the Packers do. Our offense is more efficient and 27 ppg is actually below average for a Rodgers led Packers team.