• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The only 6 teams that have a chance to win the Super Bowl

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Pittsburgh or GB have a Top 10 Defense.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Not seeing them as top-10 defenses this year. Throw in there have been a lot of anomalies if we are going by the criteria of a top-5 QB and top-10 defense.

2012--I don't think the Ravens had a top-5 QB or a top-10 defense that year depending what stats you go by.

2015--The Broncos definitely did not have top-5 QB play last year.

And I guess it depends on what stats you use but one could argue that 2014 Patriots didn't have a top-10 defense. Again depends which stat you go by to determine what is considered a top-10 defense.

So that is possibly 3 of the last 4 Super Bowl winners have not met this criteria that the poster established. To me that is not an anomaly but just shows that there are all shapes and sizes of teams that win the Super Bowl.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens won't even make the playoffs, so I give them no chance. Even if Tgann says they have the best O-line and front 7 in NFL, I still give them no chance.
How fat is your stack of cheddah for this wager?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 3 teams in the AFC West are going to be tough this year. Of the three the Broncos are the only one that has a big ? at QB.

But they also have by far the best defense of the 3 and not like the other 2 teams don't have huge question marks. Yes the QB position is the least position you want to have a question mark at but it is not like the Broncos are completely void of any kind of promise at the position. The rookie is developing faster than many thought and even national media people are reporting that they are blown away by the kid when they watch him in practice.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they also have by far the best defense of the 3 and not like the other 2 teams don't have huge question marks. Yes the QB position is the least position you want to have a question mark at but it is not like the Broncos are completely void of any kind of promise at the position. The rookie is developing faster than many thought and even national media people are reporting that they are blown away by the kid when they watch him in practice.

The Raiders defense is going to be legit.....a lot of experts are calling it one of the better front 7's.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the secondary is going to be vastly improved.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders defense is going to be legit.....a lot of experts are calling it one of the better front 7's.

Have to see it to believe it. I've watched them get ran over left and right in the first 2 preseason games especially when the 1st team unit is in the game. It is preseason but definitely at least for me has made me say "doesn't look like they have quite arrived."

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to see it to believe it. I've watched them get ran over left and right in the first 2 preseason games especially when the 1st team unit is in the game. It is preseason but definitely at least for me has made me say "doesn't look like they have quite arrived."

The Lions went 4-0 in pre-season and then proceeded to go 0-16 in the 2008 regular season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions went 4-0 in pre-season and then proceeded to go 0-16 in the 2008 regular season.

You realize wins and losses is different than what I am talking about here right? I understand everything you see in preseason needs to be taken with a grain of salt but I am watching the Raiders 1st team unit get blown off the LOS and some pretty big holes for a RB to run through. That is a bit different than watching that happen to your 3rd string unit guys that most likely in a week are going to be on the street.

I'm not saying you guys are going to have a terrible defense. What I said though was I need to see it to believe it. Same with my excitement for our rookie QB. I am hearing a lot of very promising things but that doesn't mean he has actually shown it when it matters most yet. You guys added some nice pieces which is great but I have no clue how they will fit into your system or how well the communication is going to go. There could be some early miscommunications that lead to some big plays that cost you guys games. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened. Remember the "Dream Team" Eagles a while back? They thought they were going to be something special and unfortunately they had gotten guys that were not great system fits to run the system.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize wins and losses is different than what I am talking about here right? I understand everything you see in preseason needs to be taken with a grain of salt but I am watching the Raiders 1st team unit get blown off the LOS and some pretty big holes for a RB to run through. That is a bit different than watching that happen to your 3rd string unit guys that most likely in a week are going to be on the street.

I'm not saying you guys are going to have a terrible defense. What I said though was I need to see it to believe it. Same with my excitement for our rookie QB. I am hearing a lot of very promising things but that doesn't mean he has actually shown it when it matters most yet. You guys added some nice pieces which is great but I have no clue how they will fit into your system or how well the communication is going to go. There could be some early miscommunications that lead to some big plays that cost you guys games. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened. Remember the "Dream Team" Eagles a while back? They thought they were going to be something special and unfortunately they had gotten guys that were not great system fits to run the system.

Pre-season is just that. Pre-season is for a lot of veterans to get into shape and new pieces to learn the offense and defense.

Since you brought it up.....we gave up 172 yards rushing vs the Cards.....4.9 yards per carry.....but we won.....that's the most important thing......right?

Against the Packers we showed improvement....145 yards on 40 carries, just 3.6ypc. But, we lost. I don't think it's been as bad as you're making it out to be.

I won't bring up the pass defense, which has been pretty stellar.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-season is just that. Pre-season is for a lot of veterans to get into shape and new pieces to learn the offense and defense.

Since you brought it up.....we gave up 172 yards rushing vs the Cards.....4.9 yards per carry.....but we won.....that's the most important thing......right?

Against the Packers we showed improvement....145 yards on 40 carries, just 3.6ypc. But, we lost. I don't think it's been as bad as you're making it out to be.

I won't bring up the pass defense, which has been pretty stellar.

Again I am only talking about the 1st team unit when they have been on the field. I honestly couldn't care less about how your back ups and 3rd string guys do as those whole units would never see the field and even a good chunk of those players won't make the roster. I'm talking about the 1st string unit having some issues against the run game. And again I'm not saying they are going to be bad. I just see some issues that could be developing that I"m not ready to even come close to calling the Raiders a good defense until I actually see them do it on the field when it matters.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders really have done nothing to earn the benefit of the doubt that many want to give them. Kind of curious.

This is my main point. There is too much history in this league of teams spending big in FA but still being a terrible team. You and I have talked about this quite a bit but Sean Smith is a great example of how the Raiders are using him compared to how he was used in KC are pretty different scheme wise. Doesn't mean he is going to fail but I would think that should have some Raiders fans worried that maybe they have a reverse Aso situation where they are on the short end of the situation. Same with Bruce Irvin and how I keep hearing the Raiders plan on using him compared to how he was used in Seattle. Doesn't mean he is going to fail by any means but you are paying him to do something he hasn't done with consistency in his career so far to this point. Just need to see all these new "amazing" players actually perform.