• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Offseason Thread

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canha - LF......Nimmo - CF......Marte - RF
Sounds good to me.
Plus... McNeil, Dom & Davis can play either corner OF position...as can Nimmo, which will eventually move Marte to CF.

But I'm getting somewhat disappointed they haven't addressed their need for another LHP for the pen....nor does it seem they're actively trying to get one...but I hope they are....and will get 1 or 2 soon.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canha - LF......Nimmo - CF......Marte - RF
Sounds good to me.
Plus... McNeil, Dom & Davis can play either corner OF position...as can Nimmo, which will eventually move Marte to CF.

But I'm getting somewhat disappointed they haven't addressed their need for another LHP for the pen....nor does it seem they're actively trying to get one...but I hope they are....and will get 1 or 2 soon.

LHP in the pen is certainly our biggest need, the bullpen in general is a major weakness. We lost our best reliever from last year, Lugo regressed we need a bounce back, Diaz I'll never trust. Relievers are fickle so it's possible the problem rights itself and guys play well but on paper at the moment I don't trust it.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From the article....

Left to decide

As has become his custom this spring, Chasen Shreve faced three batters on Tuesday and retired all of them, striking out a pair. All told, Shreve has faced nine batters in Grapefruit League play and permitted none of them to reach base.
The only other lefty relief candidate in camp, Alex Claudio, has also thrown three scoreless innings. So how to separate the two of them?
“You look at track record,” manager Buck Showalter said. “Nothing says we have to carry a lefty pitcher, but we’ll see. Neither one of them has taken a back seat or taken a step back from what we thought they might bring. We’ll see what the rest of the spring holds.”
At this point, Shreve appears to be a near-lock to make the team. The Mets can conceivably carry both Shreve and Claudio on the Opening Day roster, though doing so would be relatively complicated, requiring them to clear multiple 40-man roster spots. (Outfielder Travis Jankowski is another non-roster invitee who will need a 40-man spot if he makes the team.) Because the Mets don’t have any more 60-day IL candidates, clearing additional 40-man spots would require them to designate players for assignment.

*I'm gonna have to disagree with Buck on that.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radar?
Hopefully he'll get a call up soon...

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Captain...

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes!
They need to exorcise those SOB's (fred & jeff) and get it over with already.

Btw: I'm expecting some unfortunate season altering bad news in the next week or 2.
Being a Mets fan since 1968, over the subsequent years I've basically come to expect it.
I'll keep my fingers crossed though..and hope everything will work out.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes!
They need to exorcise that SOB and get it over with already.

Btw: I'm expecting some unfortunate season altering bad news in the next week or 2.
Being a Mets fan since 1968, over the subsequent years I've basically come to expect it.
I'll keep my fingers crossed though..and hope everything will work out.

Knock on wood our lineup is solid. As long as our pitching doesn't completely implode every game we should be able to hang.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no, this is a Brodie type of trade:

Ugghh
Sounds like a panic reaction more than anything because of the deGrom situation. I’d hate to lose Dom for a mediocre pitcher (Paddack) ....and besides where would they play Hosmer anyway? Because it won’t be at 1B.
There are much better pitchers available out there. I’d nix this dumb deal.

Last edited: