• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Offseason Thread

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a preference for manager?

Right now my preference would be either Joe Maddon, (but a lot of signs are pointing to him signing w/ the Angels) or Edgardo Alfonzo (who I'm actually rooting for).......but I'd be okay w/ Carlos Beltran too.

No to Girardi, Showalter & Kapler.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets ask Beltrán for second interview, will interview Pérez, Girardi and Bogar a second time, too.

Oct. 21: The Mets have reached out for a second interview with Carlos Beltrán, according to a NY Post report. They will also have a second interview with Eduardo Pérez, Joe Girardi and Tim Bogar, according to MLB Network insider Ken Rosenthal. The four are part of a group of eight known candidates in the running to be the team's next manager. The other names include Luis Rojas, Mike Bell, Derek Shelton and Skip Schumaker.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Phils are all over Girardi as well. Found the below interesting, could just be clickbait. Possibly AJ Hinch who they can't hire yet? Apparently he's a Brodie guy.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Phils are all over Girardi as well. Found the below interesting, could just be clickbait. Possibly AJ Hinch who they can't hire yet? Apparently he's a Brodie guy.

LOL.....some of the replies in that tweet are frickin hilarious.

:D

Good stuff.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumblings that Terry Collins could be bench coach which I would actually like. I think Beltran with a veteran bench coach works.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumblings that Terry Collins could be bench coach which I would actually like. I think Beltran with a veteran bench coach works.

I'd be okay with that. Would also like to see us get a new,slightly younger pitching coach.
Don't get me wrong and no offense to Phil Regan.
Nothing is as priceless as wisdom, experience & scholarly advice, but perhaps they can sign someone to oversee the pitching staff who was born after the Truman, or Eisenhower admin....LOL.

Last edited: