• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Offseason Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully it is the Vargas from the final third of last year. Still would love another arm.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right....but I'll take the over and say 90 wins.

:thumb:

might need some good luck in the health department for that, but I think the Mets have a pretty decent shot at 85+. I think you guys will be in the thick of the WC/NL East races.there doesn't seem to really be an obvious weak spot (at least based on projections). The #5 spot in the rotation looks suspect, but few teams have #5 starters that are good enough to make it through a season anyway.

I love Lowrie and I think he'll be a solid player, but I wouldn't expect 2017-2018 Lowrie. I do think he'll hit a little better than his Steamer/ZiPS projections (maybe a 110 wRC+)

Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
might need some good luck in the health department for that, but I think the Mets have a pretty decent shot at 85+. I think you guys will be in the thick of the WC/NL East races.there doesn't seem to really be an obvious weak spot (at least based on projections). The #5 spot in the rotation looks suspect, but few teams have #5 starters that are good enough to make it through a season anyway.

I love Lowrie and I think he'll be a solid player, but I wouldn't expect 2017-2018 Lowrie. I do think he'll hit a little better than his Steamer/ZiPS projections (maybe a 110 wRC+)

Overall health has been an issue for this team for many years, but the upgrades and depth they've added so far this year should be good enough to circumvent any minor injuries, prolonged slumps or losing streaks. That said....
I'm optimistic by nature. I think 90 wins this season is definitely realistic and doable.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jed Lowrie was no doubt a real nice get by the new Met's GM....as is the new closer, Edwin Diaz, who came as part of the Cano deal from Seattle.

I can't wait for the season to start.

Only about 5 weeks to go.

:yes:

:suds:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's good news.

Erring on the side of caution is always the proper policy.

Pretty sure "taking it slow" with him was the plan from the get go...ie: spot starts around the the infield as needed, or an occasional PH AB, or as a late inning defensive replacement.

Lots of players are somewhat brittle, sore or out of shape this time of year, and they begin to hit their strides with the repetition of baseball activity and when the warmer weather really kicks in.

Saul Good,man.

:thumb: