• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers' Farrior fined $15,000 by NFL
Friday, September 30, 2011
By Ray Fittipaldo, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Steelers linebacker James Farrior was fined $15,000 by the NFL for a hit Sunday night on Indianapolis quarterback Kerry Collins.

Farrior hit Collins after he released the ball, but he was not penalized during the game. Collins later left the game with concussion symptoms and was replaced by backup Curtis Painter.

Farrior said he had been expecting to hear from the league, but thought he had escaped a fine when he didn't receive any news by Thursday. Farrior was informed of the fine as he walked off the practice field this afternoon.

Farrior does not believe the hit warranted a fine.

"I don't think so, but the league saw it necessary to put the fine out there, so we just have to go with it," he said.

Farrior's agent, Ralph Cindrich, said Farrior will appeal the fine.

Farrior believes the league acted because Collins left the game with concussion symptoms. The league has been trying to come down hard on hits to the head and late hits that can result in head injuries.

"No doubt about it," Farrior said. "With everything that's going on now, I think that's what happened."

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
That's bullshit misk.
When it's not a penalty on the field but 4 days later it is.
Kind of revisionist history there in the NFL

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
Former Steelers coach Bill Cowher is among the more than 100 people eligible for the 2012 class of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

The group includes former Steelers cornerback Jack Butler, one of two senior nominees, as well as former Steelers center Dermontti Dawson. Dawson was a Hall finalist last year.

The modern-era candidates will be pared to 25 in November. That group then will be trimmed to 15 in January.

The 15 modern-era candidates and two senior nominees will be up for a final vote Feb. 4, the day before the Super Bowl.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howdy, Misk. Been a long day here. And it's cold, windy and wet. Leaves are starting to turn, too. Something tells me that it may be a rough winter.

On a positive note, I got 9 holes in yesterday before the rain got going.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...wow. Didn't know about the fine. Geez, it's not like Farrior took a couple extra steps after the ball was released, and it didn't look to me like he was head-hunting.

Does Good-dull think that linebackers can stop on a dime?

Status
Not open for further replies.