• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

"LETSROLL"

"Stairway To Seven"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi again!

Someone earlier mentioned Karma! I don't believe in it, but I remember during the game, I believe it was Foote, after a good play, made a point of stomping on the bronco emblem, and I thought, "gee I wish he had not done that!

Teams win/lose as a team. I trust they will work it out!

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea gotta blow off a bit of steam I suppose ... did anyone hear the latest on sanders ?... that poor kid got his bell rung good last night

I haven't heard anything. More concerned about Gilbert and Foster. They make up the right side, and the backups getting extensive snaps in their place is not good. :boom:

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi, y'all. This is my first chance to get on since last night's loss.

I agree with MS. There's been way too much in the way of negative waves on here. Just a reminder:

Our boys lost their opener last year, and lost it much more thoroughly...it was a complete slaughter...a beatdown, by the RATBIRDS ! ! Yet they went on to have a 12-4 season, and make the playoffs.

Some positive points about last night. Our boys kept it close until the last 3 minutes. They held the ball for all but 36 seconds of the 3rd quarter...the bad news being that Manning used those 36 seconds to score a touchdown. Also, Ben got good protection until the last possession, and made some good passes. Heath and Brown looked good. Even Wallace contributed.

Our boys CAN go to the big dance, but the D needs to tighten up. They looked OK in first qtr, then went slack. Can't let that happen again. And the running game was flat...gotta work on that too. But these things can be corrected.

My prediction: Steelers will not be embarrassed in their home opener. They will beat the Nyets!

"LETSROLL"

"Stairway To Seven"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi, y'all. This is my first chance to get on since last night's loss.

I agree with MS. There's been way too much in the way of negative waves on here. Just a reminder:

Our boys lost their opener last year, and lost it much more thoroughly...it was a complete slaughter...a beatdown, by the RATBIRDS ! ! Yet they went on to have a 12-4 season, and make the playoffs.

Some positive points about last night. Our boys kept it close until the last 3 minutes. They held the ball for all but 36 seconds of the 3rd quarter...the bad news being that Manning used those 36 seconds to score a touchdown. Also, Ben got good protection until the last possession, and made some good passes. Heath and Brown looked good. Even Wallace contributed.

Our boys CAN go to the big dance, but the D needs to tighten up. They looked OK in first qtr, then went slack. Can't let that happen again. And the running game was flat...gotta work on that too. But these things can be corrected.

My prediction: Steelers will not be embarrassed in their home opener. They will beat the Nyets!

hi North, fully concur!

"LETSROLL"

"Stairway To Seven"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, at worst we will be one game behind either the ravens or bengals and we play them both twice!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steeler Nation Rules!!!!

What the hell is up, Y'all???

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Afternoon, Psych. Not much going on. The usual BS, with a lot of post-mortums over last night's game. This can still be a fine season, I think, but some adjustments are needed, and they best not put it off.

steelcurtain

Hoopla Cash
$ 826.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:madgrin: I am glad the worst is over and good thing Kramer didn't run his mouth or I mightv'e gone postal, jk

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi, Steel. Nobody ran their mouths here. Local Browns fans recovering from their own heartbreaking loss.

No need for Steeler Nation to panic, though I'm still puzzled as to why our D folded up, after looking OK initially. And the "new" offense looked way too conservative to me. Like the 1970s offensive scheme...two running plays, and pass on third down if need be. Great scheme when we had Franco and Bleier in the same backfield. Today...not so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.