• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official "Trade for Pronger's Replacement" Thread

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind hal gill but gleason has up'd his stock by fighting with engeland....he's also steady. The I don't think he's that much better than Bourdon and maybe even Gusty but he's definitely tough and they need another guy back there that can clear the net and clean some clocks. Apparently the B's are now talking dmen up so that may up the price...fuckers.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind hal gill but gleason has up'd his stock by fighting with engeland....he's also steady. The I don't think he's that much better than Bourdon and maybe even Gusty but he's definitely tough and they need another guy back there that can clear the net and clean some clocks. Apparently the B's are now talking dmen up so that may up the price...fuckers.

problem is carolina thinks gleason is worth a 1st round pick

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That still blows (my mind :bj:)

yep.. and if that's what its gunna take i dont wanna do it.. i'm lookin for a trade of like, one of bourdon/wellwood/zolniercyk (even though i love him) and a 2nd.. whoever the best player we can get for that is, do it

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem is carolina thinks gleason is worth a 1st round pick

the problem is sue team is willing to overspend on talent every year and it fucks up the true market value of players. Gleason and Ruutu are both worth 2nd's(they're oth ufa's so re-signing them is a toss up for a team), together I could see a first. Some team like the Rags will be willing to give up a 1st + for Gleason though and it will make things difficult on the rest of the league and then the Rags will still lose in the 1st round of the playoffs.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that he's a damn good player, but Gleason is a half step. With Prongers career in jeopardy, Kimmo growing older by the second and no "stand out" d-men in the farm.....I think if you're going to make a move there is no sense in taking half measures when there are some real gold prizes out there to be had.

Yes, it will take a lot and yes it will hurt, but I believe it is absolutely imperative that this organization prepares for the now & the future and do everything they can to land a solid career dman while the getting is good.