• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Bob MacKenzie the Leafs & Wild made better offers for Vanek than Montreal did, but the Isles weren't willing to retain any of Vanek's salary. There's cheap & then there's Charles Wang CHEAP!!:mad2:

It sucks beyond words being an Isles fan. Keep bashing the team media. It's a beautiful thing & WELL DESERVED!!

Did he specify what constituted "Better offer"?

And did NYI eventually retain salary?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BruinsTNF 8h
Boston Globe is reporting that the Bruins had a deal ready with VAN pending they could work another w/ PIT. Assume Kesler>PIT, Edler>BOS

Wow. That would've been something.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BruinsTNF 8h
Boston Globe is reporting that the Bruins had a deal ready with VAN pending they could work another w/ PIT. Assume Kesler>PIT, Edler>BOS

Wow. That would've been something.

I dont believe that ... Edler came out in the final hours before the deadline and said he wouldnt waive his no trade

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe that ... Edler came out in the final hours before the deadline and said he wouldnt waive his no trade

Well, I mean, the deal didn't go through, so that easily could've been a factor. I imagine that the deal would've been pretty solid considering that two teams would be sending back pieces.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph ·Mar 5
Alex Edler told me you don't sign a 6-year deal with a NTC so you can leave town shortly after #canucks

I think what youre seeing is gms coming out and making comments to put even more pressure on Gillis because they dont like him and havent liked him since they had to deal with him when he was an agent ... it was every canucks fans biggest fear when Gillis was hired

and i see the Penguins organization reached out and apologized for their team employee Rob Rossi, i mean, newspaper reporter, insinuating that ownership squashed any potential deal with the canucks

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph ·Mar 5
Alex Edler told me you don't sign a 6-year deal with a NTC so you can leave town shortly after #canucks

I think what youre seeing is gms coming out and making comments to put even more pressure on Gillis because they dont like him and havent liked him since they had to deal with him when he was an agent ... it was every canucks fans biggest fear when Gillis was hired

and i see the Penguins organization reached out and apologized for their team employee Rob Rossi, i mean, newspaper reporter, insinuating that ownership squashed any potential deal with the canucks

The Pens apologized? That's nice of them. Rossi isn't liked in the organization, be aware of that.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens apologized? That's nice of them. Rossi isn't liked in the organization, be aware of that.

the way he was putting everything out there, i got the sense he was being fed all the info

I think the pens were using him quite well

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't see the advantage provided by what he was saying?

to make the Pens look better than the canucks to the fans? just a guess. the hype around getting kesler was pretty massive and when it doesnt happen some fans like explanations. I certainly do especially when my team is selling. I believe pitts over van on this failed deal. I dont want gillis to trade kesler now. not that I dont want kesler traded, I just dont want gillis to do it

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't see the advantage provided by what he was saying?

Rossi basically mouthed to Pens fans what the team wanted them to hear ... ie it wasnt the pens fault we couldnt get a deal done

by saying the canucks ownership is stepping in to veto a deal ... kinda makes Gillis look immasculated ... puts unneccesary media pressure on him to make a deal

this is the way sports media work ... trusted beat writer gets fed info to release and if he keeps doing it he continues to have "trusted" status with the team

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rossi basically mouthed to Pens fans what the team wanted them to hear ... ie it wasnt the pens fault we couldnt get a deal done

by saying the canucks ownership is stepping in to veto a deal ... kinda makes Gillis look immasculated ... puts unneccesary media pressure on him to make a deal

this is the way sports media work ... trusted beat writer gets fed info to release and if he keeps doing it he continues to have "trusted" status with the team

DREGER

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Fox News "media" model. You can't have an official spin machine, so you get the media to do it for you. It builds in excuses if the Pens get into injury trouble and someone like Kesler would have been the difference and gives the fans something to rally behind "We didn't get Kesler, but we're still winnign anyway!". Plus, as a bonus, it makes another GM Look like an idiot.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I edited my post to make sure that it was clear that I understood. :thumb:

But I still couldn't pass up the lobbed softball.

Last edited by a moderator:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fox News "media" model. You can't have an official spin machine, so you get the media to do it for you. It builds in excuses if the Pens get into injury trouble and someone like Kesler would have been the difference and gives the fans something to rally behind "We didn't get Kesler, but we're still winnign anyway!". Plus, as a bonus, it makes another GM Look like an idiot.
Yeah, but some GMs don't need any help. ;)