• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The official Super Bowl LIII Thread

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What date and time is the Rams final walk thru practice?

Asking for a friend. :D

tenor.gif

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at it a different way, going into the game who is the best pass catchers. I agree with your assessment.
That's what NE preys on. That a team will game plan say for Cooks and NE makes him disappear. Then that team struggles to find another option. By then, if NE is on said team is chasing a couple scores. It's NEs MO.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill picked up a new toy for Christmas
160827192339-hexagon-photo-spy-satellite-infographic-super-tease.jpg
This also has the option of a Binford 5000 vacum system that can retrieve paper left in garbage cans as well as manipulate locker room thermostats.
But both options come at an additional cost.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what NE preys on. That a team will game plan say for Cooks and NE makes him disappear. Then that team struggles to find another option. By then, if NE is on said team is chasing a couple scores. It's NEs MO.

Yeah, I know. It would of been nice to have Kupp for this game. Cooks will do better on jet sweeps than catching the ball. Woods should have a big day, Everett will need to be counted on.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know. It would of been nice to have Kupp for this game. Cooks will do better on jet sweeps than catching the ball. Woods should have a big day, Everett will need to be counted on.
I'm thinking the same things Woods will have a big game. CJ and Gurley will get their yards. Damn I had wanted NE to pick up CJ. Nothing earth shattering especially if Gurley is still not himself. If there is something wrong with him that's going to kill the Rams chances IMO. With the Four Headed beast in NEs backfield now I don't think CJ would've added much more beside a power back. Everett will only be a factor if NE decides to shut down both Cooks and Woods. If that's the case Everett will have a big day.

Not be a homer but I like this match up for NE. Honestly I was pulling for NO just because I like them better. But for match up purposes I wanted LAR.

I think this ends up with a lot of yards on the ground by NE (all four RBs combined) I think Rams will try and focus on limiting Michel which will give Brady that extra split second to find Eldeman and Gronk. If you asked me a couple weeks ago if they were going to be my two horses for NE I would've said no. But watching them the past two weeks I think TB wants this bad and he wants his two buddies to be the reason they win. Gronk will mainly block early and lull the Rams to sleep. Then he'll start chipping and running routes for big gains.

I'm usually very cautious in predicting NE victories so I hope I'm not jinxing them?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP hit the nail on the head.

Experience vs inexperience.

The personnel matchups? IMO, the Rams should win this game, they have more difference makers on DEF than NE does. The X & Os? the Pats will be ready for what the Rams do best. Can they stop it? If not at first, they will figure it out at the half.

As a super bowl party game...in my circle, it's not the sexiest game (not many fans of either team will be there) but as a football game, it should offer plenty of excitement. You have the young OFC braintrust McVay vs the old Master of DEF in Belichick...on the other side, McDaniels and TB vs Wade Phillips and a DEF with big money vets at every level.

Prediction...I'm going with the better DEF...they make enough stops to get the ring. 31-24 RAMS.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are inexperienced but they do have Talib and Cooks who both know 'the Patriots way' and Woods has played the Patriots 8 times. Suh and Peters have also played the Pats a few times. There is at least some familiarity with the two teams.

Prediction...I'm going with the better DEF...they make enough stops to get the ring. 31-24 RAMS.
Do the Rams actually have the better defense?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are inexperienced but they do have Talib and Cooks who both know 'the Patriots way' and Woods has played the Patriots 8 times. Suh and Peters have also played the Pats a few times. There is at least some familiarity with the two teams.

Do the Rams actually have the better defense?

I can't speak for season long, but right now, I would take the Rams DEF over NE.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rams wanna take a page from the eagles in last year SB, score and score often. Dont spend most of this two weeks trying to figure out how stop the Pats offense. You cant, PERIOD! figure out how to exploit their defense and stay aggressive offensively.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rams wanna take a page from the eagles in last year SB, score and score often. Dont spend most of this two weeks trying to figure out how stop the Pats offense. You cant, PERIOD! figure out how to exploit their defense and stay aggressive offensively.
Rams just have to line up and punch the Pats in the face over and over. I don't think you can scheme your way to victory against the Pats. You just have to overpower them. The Titans, Jags and Steelers can throw down with anyone and gave the Pats trouble. Thats the mindset you need against this year's NE team.