• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Buyout Thread

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scoobity doo wop a Christopher Reeves

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@brianlawton9: Interesting details in this CBA that have not been elaborated on fully ...clubs can trade 50% of up to 3 contracts, not to exceed 15% cont

@brianlawton9: 15% of the max salary cap limit. This will get the math geeks working overtime. Use Van as and example and come up with some scenarios!!!

Not sure what this means...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@brianlawton9: Interesting details in this CBA that have not been elaborated on fully ...clubs can trade 50% of up to 3 contracts, not to exceed 15% cont

@brianlawton9: 15% of the max salary cap limit. This will get the math geeks working overtime. Use Van as and example and come up with some scenarios!!!

Not sure what this means...

i dont.. uh..

does this mean they can trade part of someone's contract? like hey, we'll give you a 3rd round pick to take 50% of bryz's contract? where does the cap hit go? wouldn't really make sense to trade a contract w/out the cap hit..

i wonder if this is along the lines of what baseball does.. i.e. the yankees traded aj burnett to the pirates but are still paying most of his salary

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont.. uh..

does this mean they can trade part of someone's contract? like hey, we'll give you a 3rd round pick to take 50% of bryz's contract? where does the cap hit go? wouldn't really make sense to trade a contract w/out the cap hit..

i wonder if this is along the lines of what baseball does.. i.e. the yankees traded aj burnett to the pirates but are still paying most of his salary

That could certainly be it, I was also thinking something along the lines of say the Flyers are looking at Perry at the deadline. He is obviously going to have value, and with his prorated contract his cap hit will be small enough for plenty of teams to grab. But if a contender like the Flyers are really pushing hard, the Ducks can do this 50% salary idea, and makes his prorated contract nearly nothing, all while increasing his value.

Does that make any sense? :L Will have to wait for more clarification

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could certainly be it, I was also thinking something along the lines of say the Flyers are looking at Perry at the deadline. He is obviously going to have value, and with his prorated contract his cap hit will be small enough for plenty of teams to grab. But if a contender like the Flyers are really pushing hard, the Ducks can do this 50% salary idea, and makes his prorated contract nearly nothing, all while increasing his value.

Does that make any sense? :L Will have to wait for more clarification

oh man, that'd be freakin nuts.. at the deadline say it'd be prorated to 25% of the initial hit, you can 'trade 50%' of it.. you're looking at a 6 mil player at a 750k cap hit.. holy shit that'd be insane.. and that's if it's '50% of the current cap hit'.. if it's 50% of the overal cap hit, you could trade corey perry with a 0 cap hit to his name.. good. god.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh man, that'd be freakin nuts.. at the deadline say it'd be prorated to 25% of the initial hit, you can 'trade 50%' of it.. you're looking at a 6 mil player at a 750k cap hit.. holy shit that'd be insane.. and that's if it's '50% of the current cap hit'.. if it's 50% of the overal cap hit, you could trade corey perry with a 0 cap hit to his name.. good. god.

My God, what have they done. Homer is going to have himself a field day if this is the case. (And I will love every minute of it) :D

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
we have hockey you cock sukers lol how goes mother fuckers yeeehaaaw...about to close shop here in fairless hills pa...lol i will chat tomorrow morning

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have hockey you cock sukers lol how goes mother fuckers yeeehaaaw...about to close shop here in fairless hills pa...lol i will chat tomorrow morning

Holy fuck! What is going on sportfan?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait.....what??! Where are you working??

Fucker, you're in my back yard now!! Grew up on N. Olds Blvd for fuck sake! :D

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Wait.....what??! Where are you working??

Fucker, you're in my back yard now!! Grew up on N. Olds Blvd for fuck sake! :D

the old vespia store across from pathmark,rite aid..hows life fucker lol

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the old vespia store across from pathmark,rite aid..hows life fucker lol

lol That's usually where I buy my tires and get some of my work done...

Are you in the office or out slingin wrenches?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams allowed 1 buyout by Saturday...

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams allowed 1 buyout by Saturday...

I don't see how it could help us at all, unless we could buy Pronger out now and have the cap hit gone before the cap drops. This only really helps us when signing FA's though & we can't even do that because he's eligible for ltir.