• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official Injury Thread

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auto correct helps a lot of my posts. Season toilet holders is good stuff. Way to go auto correct!

I tried to type 'women' on my swipe keyboard but accidentally lifted my finger half way through. The result was 'wet intern'. Kind of wish auto correct worked in the real world, because that would make my office a lot more fun!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to type 'women' on my swipe keyboard but accidentally lifted my finger half way through. The result was 'wet intern'. Kind of wish auto correct worked in the real world, because that would make my office a lot more fun!

wet intern is common for my auto correct as well. I leave it when I send a message to my wife and that comes up. usually creates a good conversation after

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the US manages to beat Canada today, this is a huge step toward development of the sport. For some reason this year it feels different than in 2010. Maybe it's because I was in Indiana, I dunno. But this time around I'll be watching the game with 20+ people who are coming to love the sport. I've talked to multiple friends about the game, teaching them the intricacies of the sport, etc. Winning gold would do wonders. It reminds me a bit of women's soccer, albeit not to the same degree. It was a fringe sport to be played in the country, then Mia Hamm and her kickass group of ladies came along and beat China in the World Cup at the Rose Bowl. The sport exploded. Hockey in the US would benefit GREATLY from a gold medal, especially if it comes after beating Russia, and if it were to happen Canada and Sweden.

USA hockey is seizing the opportunity during a bit of infighting over the direction of Hockey Canada and fighting hard to develop players now. We've had four American Development Model practices this year going all the way down to house squirt minor level to start exposing kids to what elite level practices look like. And the drills we have to choose from on the website are phenomenal and light years ahead of anything I saw even 10 years ago. Compared to when I played it's like I wasn't even playing the same game. And it all has an eye on international style play.

Herbie is smiling somewhere.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, he's just more aware of how good Crosby is... better to fake an injury and sit this one out than get publicly humiliated by your captain.

Orpik should really know better too, but he gets regularly embarrassed by NHL forwards so what difference does it make if Crosby does it?

(But seriously, hope Martin is okay...)

Hahah. I really do feel bad for PaulMart, finally healthy to play in the Olympics, then gets hurt when the big games hit. Buh. Hopefully it's not a big injury, cuz, ya know, we need him post-Olympics.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA hockey is seizing the opportunity during a bit of infighting over the direction of Hockey Canada and fighting hard to develop players now. We've had four American Development Model practices this year going all the way down to house squirt minor level to start exposing kids to what elite level practices look like. And the drills we have to choose from on the website are phenomenal and light years ahead of anything I saw even 10 years ago. Compared to when I played it's like I wasn't even playing the same game. And it all has an eye on international style play.

Herbie is smiling somewhere.

AGAIN! AGAIN! Sorry, force of habit. But honestly, that makes me happier than anything else I'll hear today. I want the US to win because I love that team, my country, emotionally invested, etc. etc. But really high on that list is this precisely. Watching those reaction videos from the Russia game nothing pleased me more than the ones with the kids. The three brothers jumping up and down with each other, the kids watching after hockey practice at the rink and screaming. That's it man. That's it. I mentioned the women's soccer thing: that's why I played soccer. Mia Hamm was the first girl I could admire as an athlete. That's my first sport memory. We need some kids with this as their first cherished sports memory.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:(

Official Detroit Red Wings
BREAKING: Henrik Zetterberg has undergone successful back surgery. The team will re-evaluate his status in 8 weeks.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BREAKING: Henrik Zetterberg has undergone successful back surgery. The team will re-evaluate his status in 8 weeks.

fucking yzerman right?

er I mean Sweden

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mats Zuccarello will miss 3-4 weeks from the time of his hand injury which occurred this past Sunday against Russia. (Steve Zipay)

:bawling: And my day just got a lot worse.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is weiss's opportunity to bounce back. going to need him and datsyuk playing well or the wings will be missing the playoffs

Wasn't he hurt before the games?

he's had back issues since 2007. hopefully this surgery will be the end of it

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is weiss's opportunity to bounce back. going to need him and datsyuk playing well or the wings will be missing the playoffs

he's had back issues since 2007. hopefully this surgery will be the end of it

Not to be negative nelly...but back surgeries are blech. I hope he can bounce back, and I'm not confident on what exactly they did and what level it was bulging, but blech. I'm pretty confident in predicting him missing the rest of the year.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snow just alerted the entire nhlpa with his rant that money is more important than the player by asking if anyone is going to pay them or the season toilet holders (auto correct changed ticket to toilet so I'm leaving it since it's funny) it shows he sees the players only as a $ not a person. Tavares you know as well as I had 2 dreams as a hockey player Stanley cup and gold medal the gold can still be his even injured snow is just worried for money

Good luck getting ufas snow

In case you haven't noticed the past 7 years, but UFA's avoid the Isles like the plague anyway. Ed Snider feels the same way about NHL players playing in the Olympics. Those who want the NHL players to play in the Olympics should be concerned. The more teams who don't want it to happen the better chance it won't in 2018. The Panthers are another team that might not be to happy with the Olympics. They've lost two players due to injury.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list of injured guys does seem to be growing, and frankly anyone injured in the Olympics is pretty high profile. Tavares, Zuccarello, Martin, Barkov, Kopecky, Rask are the NHLers I can think of right off the bat. Martin and Rask are "sick", but we'll see if that's true. I hope it is.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
@NHL_Updates 1h
Blue Jackets defenceman Fedor Tyutin will miss 2-3 weeks after ankle injury from Olympics

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NHL_Updates 1h
Blue Jackets defenceman Fedor Tyutin will miss 2-3 weeks after ankle injury from Olympics

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That stings. Bad. Prout had a good run at the end of last season, and he's healthy again. Golubef was getting settled before the break. So that's two ways to keep Erixon out of the lineup...

Just when the injured list was about to be down to 1 for the first time in years. Wiz is back. Comeau and Gaborik are practicing full contact. Skille is ready for callup. DAMMIT

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sound like the hand injury to Bellows might be more serious than first thought ... injured it pulling Kessels hair ( what hair??? )

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sound like the hand injury to Bellows might be more serious than first thought ... injured it pulling Kessels hair ( what hair??? )

or maybe not ... gillis says he will sakte with team today possibly