• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official Injury Thread

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sound like the hand injury to Bellows might be more serious than first thought ... injured it pulling Kessels hair ( what hair??? )

X262fotoa%20destra1-1X_BootsyBellows.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noted NHL board poster and legendary spark plug, Forty Three, left practice yesterday with a "Lower body injury". He is reported to be in good spirits, and complains of "tightness and pain" while walking that is centered in the "taint region" and extending down the inside of his left leg.

He is expected to return to practice next week and he vows to not try and teach stops and starts again because he is apparently old as hell.

Update; Forty Three returned to practice last night and said his lower body injury felt "good". He didn't push it skating wise and spent most of the night working with goalies and forwards facing off.

That all changed when, this morning while getting out of his car on the top level of the parking garage he slipped on ice and went down like a sack of potatoes. He is currently sitting at his desk, whimpering like a lonely puppy.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if not posted already somewhere on here ... Kesler has a bum hand after blocking a kovalchuk shot at the olympics ... mri late yesterday

There?s a big hole if Kesler is injured

good, and I hope Henrik is out long term and we tank, I want a solid draft pick, even though the draft is not as deep if we can get into the top 10 I would be happy, well as happy as I can be for the way the Canucks draft. of course I want success for the team but this teams makeup is not going to get it done, their time has past and maybe a missed playoffs will get gillis sacked

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if not posted already somewhere on here ... Kesler has a bum hand after blocking a kovalchuk shot at the olympics ... mri late yesterday

There?s a big hole if Kesler is injured

They should be selling now - all that talk about getting a winger for Kesler now means nothing with him being hurt - even if they do sneak in they'll be limping in and ripe for the picking

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@IslesOptimism
John Tavares' injury does not require surgery. Great news.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is good news that they feel rest is all he needs...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only does Kesler have a bad hand but also chlamydia ... thanks Olympics thanks Bylsma and thanks Tinder :noidea:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@IslesOptimism
John Tavares' injury does not require surgery. Great news.

Ummmmmmm...then this injury is vastly different than what was once reported. MCL injuries don't require surgery, but medial meniscus injuries sure as heck do. Absolutely no way around a surgery for a meniscus tear if you're a professional athlete. Only gets worse if not fixed. Soooo, wonder what the damage is. Heck, if it's only MCL, he'll be back much sooner than originally said. This season may still be in the balance, but not out of the question that he could be back if only MCL.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you haven't noticed the past 7 years, but UFA's avoid the Isles like the plague anyway. Ed Snider feels the same way about NHL players playing in the Olympics. Those who want the NHL players to play in the Olympics should be concerned. The more teams who don't want it to happen the better chance it won't in 2018. The Panthers are another team that might not be to happy with the Olympics. They've lost two players due to injury.

i really believed that moving to brooklyn could change that. I dont know both places geographically but brooklyn sounds a way better place to play than long island and they could live in the core of new york could they not?

I dont think the panthers will be here in 2016, I think they will be in seattle

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really believed that moving to brooklyn could change that. I dont know both places geographically but brooklyn sounds a way better place to play than long island and they could live in the core of new york could they not?

I dont think the panthers will be here in 2016, I think they will be in seattle

The Isles haven't signed a big name free agent since Wang has owned the team. After last season there was hope. The Big signing was Pierre Marc Bouchard who was sent down to the minors after being put on waivers & clearing. He was dealt to the Blackhawsk along with Regin for a 4th round pick. Garth is only going after guys other teams don't want anymore because those are the only players who will sign with the Isles. That's just the way it is. I hope it changes, but with the way this season has gone, I doubt it will.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Isles haven't signed a big name free agent since Wang has owned the team. After last season there was hope. The Big signing was Pierre Marc Bouchard who was sent down to the minors after being put on waivers & clearing. He was dealt to the Blackhawsk along with Regin for a 4th round pick. Garth is only going after guys other teams don't want anymore because those are the only players who will sign with the Isles. That's just the way it is. I hope it changes, but with the way this season has gone, I doubt it will.

my only thought it wang is doing this all on purpose to get out of long island. that or he is making money hand over fist through the rev share program. NHL should have rules to step in for incompetence, oh wait they ran the coyotes for a number of years. nevermind

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my only thought it wang is doing this all on purpose to get out of long island. that or he is making money hand over fist through the rev share program. NHL should have rules to step in for incompetence, oh wait they ran the coyotes for a number of years. nevermind

The revenue sharing thing has helped Wang. However, word is Garth has money to spend, but HE has put a limit on what he's willing to. He made offers to Martin, Ehrhoff & Hamhuis. They all turned him down. Not that I blame them. Top UFA's want to win. The Isles aren't in a position to contend & Garth can't sell them they they are.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Martin out 4 to 6 weeks after breaking hand a sochi.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news regarding Rinne, hopefully all those health issues are behind him.