• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Kings at Pittsburgh Penguins 3/27/14 | 7:00pm

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another bogus goaltender interference call negates the tying goal.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just turned it off

Maybe tomorrow when I'm watching the NHL I"ll hear:

"After further review, the goal scorer was interfering with the opposition right before he shot the puck. Therefor, no goal"

What a fucking crock of shit!!!!!!!!!!

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see it but it is about time one of these went the Kings way.
Working until 7 pm today:(
It followed the technicality of the rule, but there is nothing a player can do to avoid running into a goalie when the defender cross-checks him from behind 3 times until he falls on top of the goalie's blocker. Something needs to be done about the rule.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"After further review, Toronto says the goal scorer committed a penalty (even though no hands were up by my fellow officials) and the goal will not count (even though no officials hands were up)

"Toronto is now allowed to state there was a penalty before the puck went in which automatically dis-allows the goal" (even if there were no officials hands up on the ice)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings win 3-2! They sweep this three game road trip, awesome stuff - now they need to carry this home

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens getting "better" just in time for the playoffs. Yep.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Cobie and Dave.....good luck in the playoffs

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It followed the technicality of the rule, but there is nothing a player can do to avoid running into a goalie when the defender cross-checks him from behind 3 times until he falls on top of the goalie's blocker. Something needs to be done about the rule.

True but in that case the player isn't given a penalty when the other guy forces him into a goalie.
It is like a high stick when a player is making shot or pass and clips a guy. No one gets a penalty. I haven't seen this yet but if he was pushed into Jones no penalty but no goal is the rule.
If we are getting rid of rules I vote puck over the glass

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A tougher player would take a couple of cross checks and then retaliate with a wicked two-hander to the back of the knees. Obviously the ref would give him the gate and any goal would be negated, but at least you get your moneys worth with the slash. And even better if you slash the goalie just for the hell of it.

/Of course I grew up on the Norris of the 80's so I may see things differently.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but in that case the player isn't given a penalty when the other guy forces him into a goalie.
It is like a high stick when a player is making shot or pass and clips a guy. No one gets a penalty. I haven't seen this yet but if he was pushed into Jones no penalty but no goal is the rule.
If we are getting rid of rules I vote puck over the glass
I'm not advocating getting rid of the rule, just making it more flexible.

Anyway, the cross-checking was blatant enough that I think it should have been called, considering how tightly the rest of the game had been called. Then it's either a delayed penalty goal, or the GI is called and the goal waved off, at least they get a PP out of it.

0-7 on the PP, so for this crappy team, it wouldn't have mattered.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and FUCK Jeff Carter.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time the Pens performed worse on their PP was 3/28/09, almost 5 years to the day. We all know what happened that year, so maybe there is a glimmer of hope after all.

/I'm really reaching...

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was awesome. Really glad I got to go see this one in person. Disappointed with the end result, but still a fun game to watch. Too bad about Goc. I'll be shocked if his ankle isn't broken. :(

Also, F you Toronto!

7r2LW41.gif

How that equates to Brandon Sutter being guilty of goaltender interference is beyond me. Doughty cross-checks the shit out of him like five times. Where is he supposed to go? How is he supposed to avoid contact with the goalie? How the F can you wave off that goal, Toronto? :mad:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if Toronto waived if off because they saw Sutter give a pretty good shove to the pad of Martin Jones prior to the puck crossing the line. As you know, you are not permitted to push the goalie and the puck into the net.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if Toronto waived if off because they saw Sutter give a pretty good shove to the pad of Martin Jones prior to the puck crossing the line. As you know, you are not permitted to push the goalie and the puck into the net.

^^That would be my guess.

The rule on goalie interference is not contact but actions that prevent the goalie from doing his job. Pushing the pad off the goal line does that.

Official Rules - Rule 69: Interference on the Goalkeeper - NHL.com - Rules

The overriding rationale of this rule is that a goalkeeper should have the ability to move freely within his goal crease without being hindered by the actions of an attacking player. If an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

If an attacking player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by a defending player so as to cause him to come into contact with the goalkeeper, such contact will not be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

The push of the pad with the stick is what made this ruling happen.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, I'm trying to see it from an unbiased viewpoint, but I really doubt Sutter had much control over any part of his body as Doughty is applying 100 lbs of force to the small of his back five times in a row