• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official Injury Thread

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My man can't catch a break :(

Rumour is that he could be cleared for contact as soon as next weekend.

A black cloud has followed the guy this year, that's for sure.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumour is that he could be cleared for contact as soon as next weekend.

A black cloud has followed the guy this year, that's for sure.

That it has and it's a shame because when he's healthy, he's one of the most lethal scorers in the league.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Botch says g-g-g groin injury for Hamhuis...

Jason Botchford @botchford
Hamhuis injury soft tissue (groin), not a head injury

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused, how the hell did Hamhuis get a concussion from a pulled groin?

/maybe trying to remove his head from his arse?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That it has and it's a shame because when he's healthy, he's one of the most lethal scorers in the league.

Seems he's known for a week or so that he wasn't going to make it, and he decided to join the team on the road trip to get practice and time in with the team and see where he fits chemistry wise. He knows he's not playing til March.

Rumours are that he does not want to be traded. He wants to see where this team goes.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that seems odd hopefully he will be ok.

It certainly could just be worded to get a dramatic response, but the Pens seem to honestly not know what it is. To me, this means it's nothing ordinary, because any MD/DO worth his weight knows how to order up a blood test or the like for basic infections. Heck, even a lot of the really scary stuff is easy to diagnose with the right tests. But still, it's something that's worrisome enough to keep him out of the lineup. I'd rule out anything basic bacterial or viral, because those can be spotted diagnostically. I'm thinking more along the lines or neurological or something. Stupid article has me thinking of the worst possible outcomes.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly could just be worded to get a dramatic response, but the Pens seem to honestly not know what it is. To me, this means it's nothing ordinary, because any MD/DO worth his weight knows how to order up a blood test or the like for basic infections. Heck, even a lot of the really scary stuff is easy to diagnose with the right tests. But still, it's something that's worrisome enough to keep him out of the lineup. I'd rule out anything basic bacterial or viral, because those can be spotted diagnostically. I'm thinking more along the lines or neurological or something. Stupid article has me thinking of the worst possible outcomes.

What is funny I wasn't thinking neurologlical but something like hep c where he can trasmit to others.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is funny I wasn't thinking neurologlical but something like hep c where he can trasmit to others.

I'm not thinking that, because I feel like they wouldn't have him around the team as closely. Also: this can be diagnosed easily. That's where I struggle in my game of "guess the injury/illness". Anything I can think of can be diagnosed with a test or two...which is probably also why the docs are struggling.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, someone on twitter who I follow (I know, I know) uttered the words "heart problems" re: Letang. This fellow did happen to be a Pens PR intern last season. Not gonna take his word for it, but unfortunately it makes a lot of sense in my head. There are multiple heart issues that could result in him feeling ill, and could certainly affect his performance as well as put him in danger if playing. Also, they would want to have a full gamut of tests performed prior to releasing any information. That makes more sense than any infectious disease does.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, someone on twitter who I follow (I know, I know) uttered the words "heart problems" re: Letang. This fellow did happen to be a Pens PR intern last season. Not gonna take his word for it, but unfortunately it makes a lot of sense in my head. There are multiple heart issues that could result in him feeling ill, and could certainly affect his performance as well as put him in danger if playing. Also, they would want to have a full gamut of tests performed prior to releasing any information. That makes more sense than any infectious disease does.

That would suck. I hate Letang as a player and think he's a scumbag on the ice but no one wants to hear this about a young guy. I hope he's OK.

Also, when a young athlete develops heart issues I always wonder about cocaine abuse. Have there been any rumours of this in Pens land? Either way I hope it gets resolved and I can go back to hating him on the ice. :hockeysmile:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They need to get Dr. House on the case.

Its-not-lupus-Its-never-lupus.jpg

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not thinking that, because I feel like they wouldn't have him around the team as closely. Also: this can be diagnosed easily. That's where I struggle in my game of "guess the injury/illness". Anything I can think of can be diagnosed with a test or two...which is probably also why the docs are struggling.

Oh yeah it can be diagnosed easily but they have no reason to tell the public the truth and if it is something of this nature I can imagine him wanting it to be more private so the misinformation will come.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noted NHL board poster and legendary spark plug, Forty Three, left practice yesterday with a "Lower body injury". He is reported to be in good spirits, and complains of "tightness and pain" while walking that is centered in the "taint region" and extending down the inside of his left leg.

He is expected to return to practice next week and he vows to not try and teach stops and starts again because he is apparently old as hell.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noted NHL board poster and legendary spark plug, Forty Three, left practice yesterday with a "Lower body injury". He is reported to be in good spirits, and complains of "tightness and pain" while walking that is centered in the "taint region" and extending down the inside of his left leg.

He is expected to return to practice next week and he vows to not try and teach stops and starts again because he is apparently old as hell.

Last edited by a moderator: