• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official Hold On To Your Asses, It's Draft Day, Thread

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember the Lions board ever being this content.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember the Lions board ever being this content.

I'm actually not 100% content with Quinn's first draft. I accept it, as I wanted change so bad.

Hated the selection of a LS there. I do not see him and his size contributing much aside from the snaps themselves. I read that he basically sucks at tackling... So this will never be compared to Jared. The part I did like about Quinn was answering the question on this subject. Simply put " Mulbach will have competition"... He said he would create that and seems to be a man of his word early.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually not 100% content with Quinn's first draft. I accept it, as I wanted change so bad.

Hated the selection of a LS there. I do not see him and his size contributing much aside from the snaps themselves. I read that he basically sucks at tackling... So this will never be compared to Jared. The part I did like about Quinn was answering the question on this subject. Simply put " Mulbach will have competition"... He said he would create that and seems to be a man of his word early.

This would bother me more if he hadn't used a pick Mayhew would have frittered away to trade up in the 2nd round, and select someone that had the best college stats, anyway.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nine missed extra points in 30 games? Strategies are changing

Pretty obvious why BQ picked a LS.

XPs are now more important than ever. As usual, the Patriots are a few steps ahead of the rest of the league (they drafted a long snapper last year). Great to see the Lions a few steps ahead of everyone else now too.

Cool story about Josh Scoobee sucking last year. Not a mention of it being the snappers fault. Mulbach has about 99.99% snap rate most likely. Actually lower I'm sure, but...

This place went batshit crazy over a punter and kicker drafted by Mayhew. I defended both moves. One sucked and one has been awesome. I've always defended a GM getting his guy. I just don't see a twig long snapper being scooped up before the seventh or being able to pay him the biggest signing bonus for a UDFA and lure him to Detroit. Mulbach want the issue in Detroit.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RobBase had Mayhew drafted a LS last season you would have went bat shit crazy. I get that your hope and homerism is running high, but it feels wierd seeing this much rainbro from you.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story about Josh Scoobee sucking last year. Not a mention of it being the snappers fault. Mulbach has about 99.99% snap rate most likely. Actually lower I'm sure, but...

This place went batshit crazy over a punter and kicker drafted by Mayhew. I defended both moves. One sucked and one has been awesome. I've always defended a GM getting his guy. I just don't see a twig long snapper being scooped up before the seventh or being able to pay him the biggest signing bonus for a UDFA and lure him to Detroit. Mulbach want the issue in Detroit.
Awesome is a stretch on Martin. We lost a playoff game cuz he choked.

But he's better than that kicker Mayhew took, just to take a kicker.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome is a stretch on Martin. We lost a playoff game cuz he choked.

But he's better than that kicker Mayhew took, just to take a kicker.

I thought we lost that game because only Suh showed to play. No wait, it was the OL couldn't block and Stafford couldn't hold onto the ball?

One Mr Sam Martin was a key part a punt team that flipped the field many times during the season for a #2 ranked defense to do its job and which in turn put the offense in good field position. Takes a entire team to lose and a entire team win. No one player or play is the outcome of a game when there are over 100 a game.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we lost that game because only Suh showed to play. No wait, it was the OL couldn't block and Stafford couldn't hold onto the ball?

One Mr Sam Martin was a key part a punt team that flipped the field many times during the season for a #2 ranked defense to do its job and which in turn put the offense in good field position. Takes a entire team to lose and a entire team win. No one player or play is the outcome of a game when there are over 100 a game.
He's a punter and he shit the bed when it mattered.

He could lead the league for five years straight and I'll mention that shank.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RobBase had Mayhew drafted a LS last season you would have went bat shit crazy. I get that your hope and homerism is running high, but it feels wierd seeing this much rainbro from you.

Mayhew has nothing to do with anything. You'll figure it out eventually.