• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is Bama and LSU have ridiculous amounts of the top talent projected to sign with them.

The only elite prospects that most likely sign with my team is Thomas, Heard, and Roberson. Heard and Roberson have already given verbals.

That's after only getting James and Perkins last year. Don't get me wrong, we still get plenty top talent, but the truly elite prospects have sure slowed down the last 2 years. Mack is slipping...

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Texas A&M is slated to probably end up with 6 elite prospects. Scott, Garrett, Smith, Allen, Harvey, and Sumner-Gardner. Plus they got Seals-Jones and Manning last year too. Sumlin is slapping Mack around right now. Not to mention, Miles, Saban, and even freakin' Briles are ripping top talent out of from under Mack. But what do I know? Maybe these less heralded players are more hungry. LOL LOL LOL LOL

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you could kinda tell watching Sims play that he didn't have the leadership qualities or football smarts that AJ has. He got flustered too much, through his passes too hard and high, and just didn't look in control when he was out there. He was probably more immature behind the scenes.

I hate to see him not even make it at Virginia though.

I would agree with you there. I think Sims was probably one of those guys that were really good in high school and just never really progressed any after. That's why him an AJ were neck and neck for awhile. Neither were all that good because they were young, and one just progressed and the other didn't. Stars don't mean shit a lot of the time, and that was an example of when they didn't. I don't care how good you are in highschool....you have got to make some progression at the next level, or you are going to get left in the dust. Especially at QB.

I mean keep in mind that he was not only not starting at UVA, but was 3rd string coming into and out of spring. Both of the QBs that were ahead of him were younger than him too.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, 5 star DT signed letter of intent with ND and is now jumping ship and heading to UCLA. I guess the car they got him was a little late arriving to his house?

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is Bama and LSU have ridiculous amounts of the top talent projected to sign with them.

The only elite prospects that most likely sign with my team is Thomas, Heard, and Roberson. Heard and Roberson have already given verbals.

That's after only getting James and Perkins last year. Don't get me wrong, we still get plenty top talent, but the truly elite prospects have sure slowed down the last 2 years. Mack is slipping...

A little bit..lol. I was pretty shocked to see A'Shawn Robinson flip from ya'll to us last class. I know you gonna let some go, but he was a big one.

We've already got Zach Whitley from Texas, and I think some others we're in strong contention for, hopefully Mack doesn't put the clamp down on them. :lol:

If we can snag Tony Brown, I'd be ecstatic.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-star DT from Georgia, Johnny Dwight, has committed to Alabama.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little bit..lol. I was pretty shocked to see A'Shawn Robinson flip from ya'll to us last class. I know you gonna let some go, but he was a big one.

We've already got Zach Whitley from Texas, and I think some others we're in strong contention for, hopefully Mack doesn't put the clamp down on them. :lol:

If we can snag Tony Brown, I'd be ecstatic.

Yeah, but if Brown is smart, he doesn't think twice about it, he just signs with Texas. Texas is DBU, and it's not even close. He won't see a better position coach anywhere else. We'll see whats most important to him though.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but if Brown is smart, he doesn't think twice about it, he just signs with Texas. Texas is DBU, and it's not even close. He won't see a better position coach anywhere else. We'll see whats most important to him though.

You're full of shit. :lol:

Since 2009, Alabama has had 8 DB's drafted, 4 in the very first round.

In the same time, Texas has had 4 drafted, 2 in the very first round.

In case you're wondering why I went with 09 as my starting point, it's because that gives Saban and his staff 2 years. I know we were down before Saban, so it makes no sense to include guys he's barely coached.

I believe in this day and time, Brown would be smart to come to Alabama, not Texas. Just like a good running back or linebacker, would be smart to come to Alabama, not Auburn and Penn st, providing we are in need at the position. I think our staff has proven that they can coach those areas exceptionally well.

Just my opinions though, feel free to argue.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're full of shit. :lol:

Since 2009, Alabama has had 8 DB's drafted, 4 in the very first round.

In the same time, Texas has had 4 drafted, 2 in the very first round.

In case you're wondering why I went with 09 as my starting point, it's because that gives Saban and his staff 2 years. I know we were down before Saban, so it makes no sense to include guys he's barely coached.

I believe in this day and time, Brown would be smart to come to Alabama, not Texas. Just like a good running back or linebacker, would be smart to come to Alabama, not Auburn and Penn st, providing we are in need at the position. I think our staff has proven that they can coach those areas exceptionally well.

Just my opinions though, feel free to argue.

Texas is DBU. NO other school has more starting DBs in the NFL RIGHT NOW. Nobody had more last year or the year before either.

That's a fact. In fact, NOBODY has more DBs in the league period than Texas, starting or on the bench. There isn't a better DB coach in the country than Duane Akina.

Now who's full of it?

Last edited by a moderator:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is DBU. NO other school has more starting DBs in the NFL RIGHT NOW. Nobody had more last year or the year before either.

That's a fact. In fact, NOBODY has more DBs in the league period than Texas, starting or on the bench. There isn't a better DB coach in the country than Duane Akina.

Now who's full of it?

It's still you bruh.

I'm not taking anything away from Texas, you may be DBU...BUT, I believe the stats I posted above show that the times are changing.

You can honestly say with a straight face that Alabama isn't close to Texas Right now at developing DB's and getting them to the league?

In my bias opinion, since Saban has been here, Alabama owns Texas in this category.

We constantly have one of the top defenses in the country, this includes secondary. He'd be a fool not to pick Bama, especially since we need him.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas > in successful DBs in the league. Alabama > at amount of recent DBs in the league. It's quite simple titty babies.

VT > both with regards to incoming talent/success ratio. :dance:

All 3 of those and a few others as well are probably pretty even when it comes to coaching DBs though honestly.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas > in successful DBs in the league. Alabama > at amount of recent DBs in the league. It's quite simple titty babies.

VT > both with regards to incoming talent/success ratio. :dance:

All 3 of those and a few others as well are probably pretty even when it comes to coaching DBs though honestly.

NOT!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A streak of at least one DB drafted from VT every year for around 10 years just ended this past year. Not many 1st rounders, but that is pretty impressive given that most of those guys were 3 stars or less. The only reason it ended last year was because both safeties were underclassman and both corners thought they could improve their draft stock by coming back.

My point though.....nobody is "DBU". A lot of schools have equally respectable arguments for that title, therefore none are considered the best IMO.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A streak of at least one DB drafted from VT every year for around 10 years just ended this past year. Not many 1st rounders, but that is pretty impressive given that most of those guys were 3 stars or less. The only reason it ended last year was because both safeties were underclassman and both corners thought they could improve their draft stock by coming back.

My point though.....nobody is "DBU". A lot of schools have equally respectable arguments for that title, therefore none are considered the best IMO.

I agree.

We're still better than Texas though. :evil:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

We're still better than Texas though. :evil:

I understand. I wouldn't trade Torrian Gray (VT's DB coach) for any one in the country. What has been successful for him at VT may not be successful for him at say Alabama, and vice versa with Greg Brown. I just hope Gray gets a legitimate shot at the DC spot if Foster were to take over for Beamer one day. Dude is probably the 2nd best x's and o's coach on the coaching staff after Foster and it would truly suck to see him leave. It pisses me off to an extreme that he is one of the lowest paid coaches on the staff and not in the ball park of what Foster gets. Gray is almost as valuable to his defense as Foster is himself.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still you bruh.

I'm not taking anything away from Texas, you may be DBU...BUT, I believe the stats I posted above show that the times are changing.

You can honestly say with a straight face that Alabama isn't close to Texas Right now at developing DB's and getting them to the league?

In my bias opinion, since Saban has been here, Alabama owns Texas in this category.

We constantly have one of the top defenses in the country, this includes secondary. He'd be a fool not to pick Bama, especially since we need him.

Texas will still hold that lead. Texas will be putting two more in the first round next year.

They also OUTPERFORM Bama DBs in the NFL.

This is why Texas is UNQUESTIONABLY DBU. This does not disrespect what Bama and Saban are doing.....but you aren't doing it better than Texas.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas will still hold that lead. Texas will be putting two more in the first round next year.

They also OUTPERFORM Bama DBs in the NFL.

This is why Texas is UNQUESTIONABLY DBU. This does not disrespect what Bama and Saban are doing.....but you aren't doing it better than Texas.

And this is why your argument is completely invalid and shouldn't be discussed any further. You are so biased in your opinion of the subject that it has clouded your ability to recognize something as subjective or objective. This is when arguments are not worth arguing anymore guise. End of the road.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why your argument is completely invalid and shouldn't be discussed any further. You are so biased in your opinion of the subject that it has clouded your ability to recognize something as subjective or objective. This is when arguments are not worth arguing anymore guise. End of the road.

How is it not objective? This is a RESULTS based argument. Texas puts more DBs in the league, who routinely outperform other top schools putting DBs in the league in terms of pro bowls, etc.......that's all fact.

Not sure why you think any of that is clouded.

Sounds to me like YOUR clouded thinking in trying to use any other data is the basis for how you feel. You can't argue that your school puts up more talent, or even better performing talent......so instead, let's say this is an invalid argument.

Thats BS, and it's lame. I understand it's opinion at a certain level, but it's backed by very SOLID data.

To the Bama fan - Texas also has won more thorpe awards......so yeah, I find it hilarious that anyone thinks Texas CAN'T reasonably say they are DBU.

Last edited by a moderator:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it not objective? This is a RESULTS based argument. Texas puts more DBs in the league, who routinely outperform other top schools putting DBs in the league in terms of pro bowls, etc.......that's all fact.

Not sure why you think any of that is clouded.

Sounds to me like YOUR clouded thinking in trying to use any other data is the basis for how you feel. You can't argue that your school puts up more talent, or even better performing talent......so instead, let's say this is an invalid argument.

Thats BS, and it's lame. I understand it's opinion at a certain level, but it's backed by very SOLID data.

To the Bama fan - Texas also has won more thorpe awards......so yeah, I find it hilarious that anyone thinks Texas CAN'T reasonably say they are DBU.

All I'm saying is.....who has put more DB's in the league since the Saban era started?

New era bro.