• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can probably thank Deshaun Watson for this one. If you're a WR coming out of HS and you look around and see that the #1 QB in your class is going to a school that loves to throw the ball it's got to be influential. You have to know that your chances to make an impression or impact is greater with a great QB and OC.
Nice addition to our little class this year. I don't hold my breath though. I'll wait until they sign the paperwork before I get too excited and then wait to see if the talent is developed by our coaches and then wait to see if it translates to onfield performance. I guess you could say I'm skeptical or that I believe the old saying "seeing is believing."

Absolutely, it's the approach I attempt to take to recruiting, though every commitment still brings the same excitement lol

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson adds commit No. 9 in WR Demarre Kitt - ESPN

Another commit for Clemson, on a roll here the past few days.

And another 4* commit

OLB Chris Register Commits to Clemson - Shakin The Southland

Chris Register

Chris Register (6'3" 230lbs, 4.6 40), from Dudley HS in Greensboro NC, took the 2nd LB spot in Clemson's class this afternoon. Register is rated the #22 OLB nationally and #14 player in NC. He had offers from Auburn, FSU, Miami, UNC, and Tennessee among others, but has been a Clemson lean for quite awhile.

Register is a big LB that can run and make plays. He's doing a pretty good job getting off blocks with his hands, which you don't see enough of, and wraps up well. I don't know that he's the greatest pass defender and was shown up some in camps in this area, which is the main reason why he dropped out of the Rivals250.

As a junior, Register recorded 110 tackles, nine tackles for loss, seven sacks, two interceptions, five forced fumbles and three pass breakups playing MIKE/MAC in his team's 3-4 scheme. As a sophomore he recorded 89 tackles, 8.5 sacks, two interceptions, six pass breakups and three forced fumbles in nine games.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another 4* LB commits to the Tigers

LB Korie Rogers Commits to Clemson - Shakin The Southland

Korie Rogers

OLB Korie Rogers (6'2, 218lbs, 4.68 40), the #2 OLB nationally according to Rivals, committed to Clemson over UGA tonight. Rogers is currently rated the #4 player in the state of Georgia and the #52 player in the nation. He had numerous offers, namely Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, and Nebraska, but this was a CU/UGA battle pretty much the whole time, mainly because of the distance factor.

Rogers was visiting Clemson today, with several other blue-chip prospects. I had been told previously that Rogers was ours and that UGA had fallen out of the picture, so this was expected, but not quite so soon.

"I'm a Clemson Tiger. It's the best fit for me. It's a small town like where I come from. They have a crazy football atmosphere. I love the coaches. They can not only help me become a better player but also a better person. When I leave this university I know I will be successful."

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN 150 4-Star OG Viane Talamaivao commits to Bama.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas got a pair brothers for 2014 & 2015. The older brother, Sione Teuhema is a 3* DE, 6'3", 211# and is projected to be a LB in college. Texas now has 14 recruits in the 2014 class.
The younger brother, Maea aka Tristan, is a monster OL, 6'5", 340# and is considered to be the top 2015 recruit in Texas, #11 Nationally. Texas 4 in the 2015 class.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama lands 4 star OT from the West Coast.

Viane Talamaivao

Saban doing work all over the country!

ESPN 150 4-Star OG Viane Talamaivao commits to Bama.

Looks like that Viane commit will help with a couple other commits, namely Damian Mama and Tyler Luatua. We already expect to get Luatua, but Mama is a Rivals100 OL that we'd like to get as well. They're all supposedly very close friends, and I personally think we get all 3.

All 3 will be visiting together for the LSU game this year. That would 3 big pick ups out of California. Damn fine. :clap:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like that Viane commit will help with a couple other commits, namely Damian Mama and Tyler Luatua. We already expect to get Luatua, but Mama is a Rivals100 OL that we'd like to get as well. They're all supposedly very close friends, and I personally think we get all 3.

All 3 will be visiting together for the LSU game this year. That would 3 big pick ups out of California. Damn fine. :clap:

Geaux Tigers!

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey UGAfan1990, I'm sure gonna hate for Alabama to come in your state and take Elisha Shaw. :evil:

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey UGAfan1990, I'm sure gonna hate for Alabama to come in your state and take Elisha Shaw. :evil:

I'm just hoping he holds out as long as possible, I think you guys are the favorite right now. Though he says we're tied.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas got a pair brothers for 2014 & 2015. The older brother, Sione Teuhema is a 3* DE, 6'3", 211# and is projected to be a LB in college. Texas now has 14 recruits in the 2014 class.
The younger brother, Maea aka Tristan, is a monster OL, 6'5", 340# and is considered to be the top 2015 recruit in Texas, #11 Nationally. Texas 4 in the 2015 class.

Yeah, Texas is always going to have a good class. I think people don't realize this when they say A&M is going to take our recruits. That's BS.....there's more than enough talent in state for both schools to do well recruiting wise. They won't take Texas recruits - instead, they're taking OU/LSU recruits.

These two kids had a great quote too......when asked how solid their commit was, they said "we turned down Bama and LSU......who else is going to change our minds?"

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Texas is always going to have a good class. I think people don't realize this when they say A&M is going to take our recruits. That's BS.....there's more than enough talent in state for both schools to do well recruiting wise. They won't take Texas recruits - instead, they're taking OU/LSU recruits.

These two kids had a great quote too......when asked how solid their commit was, they said "we turned down Bama and LSU......who else is going to change our minds?"

Hopefully Urban doesn't decide he wants them... :hope:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe the little brother...

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah grabed the two best OT in Utah 4*'s

Kenyon frison 6'5 290 He commited in Feb. 2013

Jackson Barton 6'6 260 He commited in Mar. 2012

Then we picked up a WR out of Crosby Texas

Raelon Singleton 3* 6'4 180

DT out of Tooele Utah 3* 6'3 290 Allan Havili

ATH out of Kearns Utah 3* 6'2 180 Amone Finau

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say good bye to Cooper Bateman. ! I'll explain later! :suds:

I haven't heard anything on him, but most of us feel like Alec Morris is gonna be our guy after AJ. We should also be picking up a pretty good QB commit soon, so I think we would be fine, but what have you heard about him?