• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 OT in the nation Cameron Robinson says Bama and LSU are the only two teams he's considering.

Just like with Fournette, LSU is the home team, but I think we have a much better shot with Robinson than Fournette, and honestly, if we had to split these, I rather have Robinson. We don't really need another running back, but OL is a big need.

LSU is fawking lucky to have two guys like this in their backyard this year.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #1 QB recruit 100% committed to Clemson. We'll see ....
Deshaun Watson says he is coming to Clemson.

Top quarterback prospect Deshaun Watson “100 percent solid with Clemson” – The Post and Courier

Clemson quarterback commitment Deshaun Watson, who recently was named by ESPN.com as the No. 1 QB prospect in the country in the junior class, has ended his recruiting and will not take any more visits.

Watson, of Gainesville, Ga., told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he can’t be turned from his Clemson pledge.

“I’m 100 percent solid with Clemson,” Watson said. “I’m not going to visit anybody else. I’m just going to focus on Clemson and my high school season. I’m not interested in going to visit anywhere.”

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB Adam Choice commits to Clemson.

Adam is the cousin of Tashard Choice formerly of GT.

RB Adam Choice Commits to Clemson - Shakin The Southland

Adam Choice (5'9, 205lb, 4.5 40) from Thomas County Central in Thomasville, GA committed to Clemson. He picked us over offers from Auburn, GT, Texas, and Florida among others, though the primary suitors were Auburn and GT. He becomes the 3rd and final take at RB this cycle. Choice plays QB in an option offense, and is the cousin of former GT runners Tashard Choice and Joe Burns. Choice is also a candidate to play baseball at Clemson.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, back-to-back years with the Tigers racking up top QBs. We'll see if he holds to his statement.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #1 QB recruit 100% committed to Clemson. We'll see ....
Deshaun Watson says he is coming to Clemson.

Top quarterback prospect Deshaun Watson “100 percent solid with Clemson” – The Post and Courier

I honestly don't think he's not taking visits by choice. I just finished reading this from our rivals guy Andrew Bone...

The Deshaun Watson story has been interesting the past few days. The five-star quarterback, from Gainesville High School in Ga., took a visit to Auburn on Thursday night until Friday afternoon. Word began to circulate he was on campus. I know the Auburn coaches did not want this out to the media or anyone else. Watson's twitter feed from fans was a bit crazy that day. He finally just had to say he did not visit Auburn. His coach even told reporters Watson was not at Auburn.

Watson is one of the most sought-after prospects in the country. Schools want to get him on campus. It seems that Clemson does not want it to happen. His head coach confirmed the visit today.

"This was unbeknownst to me," Gainesville High School head coach Bruce Miller told Rivals Clemson site. "I gave our kids two weeks off after spring ball and I left him alone for a week and this happened. Unfortunately this was part of it."

Watson reached out to Auburn for the visit. He wants to visit/enjoy the process. I'm sure he is scared to death to reach out to anyone else following the aftermath. I think it's a major reason why he is now tweeting every day and retweeting every Clemson fan who sends him a message about how he'll win a Heisman.

Alabama offered Watson this spring. Clemson will work to make sure Watson doesn't visit anywhere else.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think he's not taking visits by choice. I just finished reading this from our rivals guy Andrew Bone...

yea, I saw where he was "seen" at Auburn and honestly you can't expect these kids not to take other visits. They'd be crazy not to.

Here's what I read about the Auburn "visit."

DeShaun Watson and Auburn - Shakin The Southland

So what is the situation? It was 'Big Cat' weekend in Auburn and the Rivals mod for the Auburn site claims he saw Watson. The 24/7 Auburn guy either corroborated the story or was just attaching himself to the Auburn Rivals guy. Watson posts to Twitter that he is not there this weekend but those tweets apparently got deleted and it seemed pretty weird/fishy. Often with these kinds of things where there is smoke there is fire. But there are also a lot of businesses that like to stir up controversy because that brings in the hits and money. There is also a bizarre claim that his estranged dad has popped up and was part of bringing Watson to Auburn (to my knowledge he has never had much of any contact with his father his entire life!).

But you know what? Who cares.

Watson's coach comes out and says he talked to Watson and he says he wasn't there and then Watson repeats this to Bartow at TI. I have yet to talk to the coach or Watson and I have no personal inside information from anyone at Auburn about the situation (just don't have contacts that way). I do know that Watson is still actively recruiting for us. He is obviously going to be instrumental in the recruitment/commitment of Kitt and will be a major player in persuading other WR's. It just makes sense that you would want to play with the number one QB in the nation. Trey Quinn is going to be camping at Clemson hopefully and I am sure that the two will continue to develop a connection. I know that the coaching staff isn't freaking out about this. Is it alright to want to know what is going on--sure, but always with the understanding that our wagon is hitched to the situation.

Was this a game of semantics where Watson was saying he wasn't there over the weekend? Is this a white lie (the kind I constantly told as a 17 year old) that got away from Watson? We know that no one questions the kids character--no one should question the kids character. He is committed to Clemson so Clemson fans just need to go to bat for him. Without pictures or proof, this could be someone affiliated with Auburn trolling and trying to stir up some controversy.

We already know what kind of snake-oil salesman Auburn recruiters are after the Lawson and Adams debacles--so lets just defend Watson and protect him like he is one of our own. Could he have a legit interest in Auburn?? It's possible with Gus at the helm and the Cam Newton comparisons/payments but lets not give them an inch by playing the blame game. If we didn't have the 'All In' motto then this wouldn't be nearly as big a deal. Watson has publicly stated he is 100% committed to Clemson and that is what we should be focused on publicly.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, I saw where he was "seen" at Auburn and honestly you can't expect these kids not to take other visits. They'd be crazy not to.

Here's what I read about the Auburn "visit."

DeShaun Watson and Auburn - Shakin The Southland

Yeah, I just don't understand why it's a big deal about the "visit", whether it happened or not. I think recruits should be able to go where they want without fuss.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just don't understand why it's a big deal about the "visit", whether it happened or not. I think recruits should be able to go where they want without fuss.

It's because of Dabo's "All-In" crap. He has dropped recruits before for taking visits AFTER they have committed to Clemson. Which, on the surface, seems like a good idea. If you are COMMITTED then there would be no reason to take a visit anywhere else. Be a "stand-up" guy and honor your commitment. If you want to visit other schools, do it first and then announce your commitment. The problem with this approach is that you're dealing with 18 year old kids, most with huge egos. These are the best of the best. So as a coaching staff you are going to have to be able to withstand some see-sawing. They are just kids and they're getting calls and visits from other coaches from the best teams in the country telling them what they want to hear. And the problem usually only occurs when dealing with these 4 and 5 star recruits.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As excited as we all get about commitments, we all know that nothing really matters until the papers are signed. No commit is really safe, kinda sucks. I feel like I would make sure about my decision prior to committing.

Of course, if UGA offered me, I probably would have committed on the spot lol.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's because of Dabo's "All-In" crap. He has dropped recruits before for taking visits AFTER they have committed to Clemson. Which, on the surface, seems like a good idea. If you are COMMITTED then there would be no reason to take a visit anywhere else. Be a "stand-up" guy and honor your commitment. If you want to visit other schools, do it first and then announce your commitment. The problem with this approach is that you're dealing with 18 year old kids, most with huge egos. These are the best of the best. So as a coaching staff you are going to have to be able to withstand some see-sawing. They are just kids and they're getting calls and visits from other coaches from the best teams in the country telling them what they want to hear. And the problem usually only occurs when dealing with these 4 and 5 star recruits.

I definitely get that, but it gets tough when you commit to a school, then another big schools come knocking after the fact. That's the only reason I don't care for the rule that much.

But I guess if you're a kid wanting to commit to a school with that rule, you need to be responsible with your committing, and probably wait until NSD.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about it, we send the NFL's best 3rd string and practice squad RBs. We're moving up in the world.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson adds commit No. 9 in WR Demarre Kitt - ESPN

Another commit for Clemson, on a roll here the past few days.

We can probably thank Deshaun Watson for this one. If you're a WR coming out of HS and you look around and see that the #1 QB in your class is going to a school that loves to throw the ball it's got to be influential. You have to know that your chances to make an impression or impact is greater with a great QB and OC.
Nice addition to our little class this year. I don't hold my breath though. I'll wait until they sign the paperwork before I get too excited and then wait to see if the talent is developed by our coaches and then wait to see if it translates to onfield performance. I guess you could say I'm skeptical or that I believe the old saying "seeing is believing."