• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the little brother...

Most likely not.

Texas and A&M fundamentally don't recruit the same players for the most part. I think it's a cultural thing.

A&M RARELY takes a recruit from Texas......typically Texas takes from them, but even then, it's not often.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 780.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anything on him, but most of us feel like Alec Morris is gonna be our guy after AJ. We should also be picking up a pretty good QB commit soon, so I think we would be fine, but what have you heard about him?

It's not what I heard, It's what I know about him. I'm a High school Referee in Utah and I was able to watch cooper all 4 years he played. He started when he was a freshman. I understand the pressure he's in at Alabama. Which is by far a lot more than he had at Cottonwood High. He had a pretty good record for the most part. His season in the 4 years he played was 12-24 over all record. His Senior season. He had only 7 passing TD's and 6 rushing. I was able to call 2 of his games his senior season. He flat out crumbled in the two of the biggest games. One was against Jordan High School Which are ranked 10th nationally. He had Jordan on the ropes stood toe to toe with Jordan until he threw an interception that was returned for a TD. after that he was broken. and I mean To point he gave up and lost the game. That is why I think he wont be at Alabama next year. With the talent Alabama has coming in, they surpass Cooper by miles. It's weird he was recruited by 6 SEC teams and I sit here and wonder what they saw in him. because he only has won two playoff games in his 4 year career at Cottonwood.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aggy just snagged the #1 QB recruit in the nation, FYI

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaches did not seemed impressed at all with Bateman at the Elite 11 last year. And I watched all of the coverage that ESPN provided on it which was quite a bit. He also did not make the Elite 11 cut out of the 25 QBs competing.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is extremely debatable fwiw.

Of course it is.......but every recruiting service I've seen has him at #1. Everyone says the same thing, that he's the best pure passer in the class

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deshaun Watson? Nah, he's ours.

I was curious about that, I thought Watson was #1 also, but I guess different recruiting services rank them differently. Doubt you can go wrong with either though.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not what I heard, It's what I know about him. I'm a High school Referee in Utah and I was able to watch cooper all 4 years he played. He started when he was a freshman. I understand the pressure he's in at Alabama. Which is by far a lot more than he had at Cottonwood High. He had a pretty good record for the most part. His season in the 4 years he played was 12-24 over all record. His Senior season. He had only 7 passing TD's and 6 rushing. I was able to call 2 of his games his senior season. He flat out crumbled in the two of the biggest games. One was against Jordan High School Which are ranked 10th nationally. He had Jordan on the ropes stood toe to toe with Jordan until he threw an interception that was returned for a TD. after that he was broken. and I mean To point he gave up and lost the game. That is why I think he wont be at Alabama next year. With the talent Alabama has coming in, they surpass Cooper by miles. It's weird he was recruited by 6 SEC teams and I sit here and wonder what they saw in him. because he only has won two playoff games in his 4 year career at Cottonwood.

Hmm, that's interesting. Thanks for the info.

I don't know how these guys rank sometimes, because Bateman was a 4 star, while I believe Alec Morris was a 3 star, and Morris was great at the Elite 11. I don't see how Morris was rated worse, and he's looked better than Cooper since he's been here.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 Football Recruits

I would take Chryst, Cornwell, and possibly a few others over Allen.

I have no idea, I don't really keep up with OOS QB prospects. I was just giving Aggy credit for using that SEC/Heisman cache to pull in a top recruit. Aggy hasn't been pulling their weight in state for years now, so it's good to see them get a few good players. We'll see what they do with it.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea, I don't really keep up with OOS QB prospects. I was just giving Aggy credit for using that SEC/Heisman cache to pull in a top recruit. Aggy hasn't been pulling their weight in state for years now, so it's good to see them get a few good players. We'll see what they do with it.

He's legit...i'm not downing him at all. I just don't think there is any clear cut #1 QB this year and wouldn't consider any of them as such. That's jmo though.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, that's interesting. Thanks for the info.

I don't know how these guys rank sometimes, because Bateman was a 4 star, while I believe Alec Morris was a 3 star, and Morris was great at the Elite 11. I don't see how Morris was rated worse, and he's looked better than Cooper since he's been here.

IMO, QB is a position that's a completely different animal than all others. There is so much mental challenge in it, that it seems to be pretty hard to predict who's gonna be starting. I think there is just as much off the field involved with the position in terms of being a leader than it is about on the field talent.

I just read the other other day that Phillip Sims is out @ Virginia now. Remember a few years ago he appeared to be neck and neck with AJ for the starting job, and at times some would say even looked better than AJ. I know some fans got a bit upset with AJ being picked. Now, nearly 3 years later and it's obvious Saban made the right choice, and based on what I seen on the field, that had to have had alot to do with things other than physical ability.

Of course, what was said about Bateman here doesn't really fit that mold, but my point is - who knows who's gonna be coming in after AJ. Just seems to be so much off the field stuff that we don't see when it comes to the QB position.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, QB is a position that's a completely different animal than all others. There is so much mental challenge in it, that it seems to be pretty hard to predict who's gonna be starting. I think there is just as much off the field involved with the position in terms of being a leader than it is about on the field talent.

I just read the other other day that Phillip Sims is out @ Virginia now. Remember a few years ago he appeared to be neck and neck with AJ for the starting job, and at times some would say even looked better than AJ. I know some fans got a bit upset with AJ being picked. Now, nearly 3 years later and it's obvious Saban made the right choice, and based on what I seen on the field, that had to have had alot to do with things other than physical ability.

Of course, what was said about Bateman here doesn't really fit that mold, but my point is - who knows who's gonna be coming in after AJ. Just seems to be so much off the field stuff that we don't see when it comes to the QB position.

Yeah, you could kinda tell watching Sims play that he didn't have the leadership qualities or football smarts that AJ has. He got flustered too much, through his passes too hard and high, and just didn't look in control when he was out there. He was probably more immature behind the scenes.

I hate to see him not even make it at Virginia though.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the class we have right now, would love to see us get a few stud DT and LB commits though.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Vanderdose commits to UCLA

Loses a year of eligibility.....