• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming you're talking about the 3-4 vs 4-3 thing, and I agree you'd be right. But we can still hope that a guy like Hand can look back and see the success that Marcell Dareus had as an end for us, and see guys like Cameron Heyward, Muhammed Wilkerson, J.J. Watt, and know that he can be a monster in our defense just like anywhere else.

Like I've said before, I'm with you that he is headed to VT, but I'm hoping we have a chance, and if he doesn't pick VT, I'm hoping it will be us. We can hope right..

I think Hand could be successful anywhere he went....I just don't think it would optimally utilize his strengths in a 3-4 at Alabama. I don't think Hand is ever going to be Marcell Davis' size and I don't think Saban/Smart's scheme as far as the DL in general is concerned....is what Hand needs to optimize his potential. That may sound bad to a Bama fan when first reading it, but it really isn't when you sit down a break down what it takes to reach a prospects full potential. There is a D-lineman in VA named Aaron Brown that I would, personally, probably take ahead of Hand if I were Bama (if I had to pick one) just because he fits the scheme a whole lot better. It's similar to how I felt about Kirven when he was being recruited by both VT and Bama. I would have loved to have Kirven based on the possibilities, but he never fit VT's scheme and I felt that Bama would probably be better for his future than VT. I feel the opposite about Hand. He is similar to Clowney out of high school, and although i think Clowney could have been very successful at Bama, I don't think he would have had near as good of a career there as he had at USC-E. His body type and skill set just isn't as conducive to a 3-4 in that system as it would be a 4-3 in many others. Just my :2cents: though. I could get a lot more technical if I still seem biased and have another drink. :lol: :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that is exactly what a "pretty good bit" means. You are on top of it bro.

So, where are the specific claims if I have done such? If it's a "pretty good bit", then you shouldn't have any trouble at all producing.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, where are the specific claims if I have done such? If it's a "pretty good bit", then you shouldn't have any trouble at all producing.

Pimping your rankings website every chance you get maybe? :noidea: :laugh3:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pimping your rankings website every chance you get maybe? :noidea: :laugh3:

Nope, that was someone else who posted the link to them. I posted to clear up misconceptions, liked the size of the community(small) and stuck around.

This forum is extremely small potatoes which is actually the reason I post on it. Not a ton of people, so you can kind of get to know people better and what to expect. I got 4x as much traffic from a single post on southern miss rivals forums in a single day than I have from this website in total.

So if I was trying to "pimp my rankings website", it sure as hell wouldn't be on this forum. If a southern miss page brings in that much more traffic, I'm sure you can figure out what bigger teams do.

Try again.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 780.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watch
Whats this?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, that was someone else who posted the link to them. I posted to clear up misconceptions, liked the size of the community(small) and stuck around.

This forum is extremely small potatoes which is actually the reason I post on it. Not a ton of people, so you can kind of get to know people better and what to expect. I got 4x as much traffic from a single post on southern miss rivals forums in a single day than I have from this website in total.

So if I was trying to "pimp my rankings website", it sure as hell wouldn't be on this forum. If a southern miss page brings in that much more traffic, I'm sure you can figure out what bigger teams do.

Try again.

:L

over-your-head-o.gif

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, De'Shawn Hand dominated the Rivals 5-star challenge today.

The top defensive performers at their positions were..

1. DE - Hand
2. CB - Damon Webb
3. S - Steven Parker
4. LB - Trey Williams

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the Ohio State ginger trying to block Hand in this video from the NFTC last week.

[YOUTUBE]gA_xZ9WyQSM#![/YOUTUBE]

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the Ohio State ginger trying to block Hand in this video from the NFTC last week.

[YOUTUBE]gA_xZ9WyQSM#![/YOUTUBE]

:lol:

Those little boys can't hang with him. I would love to see him vs Cameron Robinson though.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some news for Tennessee fans, your 4-star TE commit Daniel Helm looked very good at the 5-star challenge today.

He should be a good one.......not because of his performance, but because of that Bama offer he got. :happy:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched a video of the OL vs DL today, and Damian Prince looked pretty damn good out there, even against Hand.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched a video of the OL vs DL today, and Damian Prince looked pretty damn good out there, even against Hand.

Prince is probably my #1 OT in this class. He is a grown man.