• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classy bunch up there in Blacksburg:

Dude also dropped the n word towards Hand, but he quickly deleted it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butthurt UVA fan jeffro gets his post deleted in one thread so he needs to repost it.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butthurt UVA fan jeffro gets his post deleted in one thread so he needs to repost it.

Sounds like whoever deleted it was the butthurt one.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like whoever deleted it was the butthurt one.

You're accusing a VT fan of calling a prospective recruit a racist name, even though there is no proof, only you saying 'it was deleted,' and plastering that stuff on the internet. Seems to me the like that's the definition of trolling.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he is in Indiana, Pennsylvania, not Blacksburg. Every fan as has idiots and twitter gives them a forum.

As for why I deleted it from our recruiting thread, I'm not giving the douche the publicity he wants on our board.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're accusing a VT fan of calling a prospective recruit a racist name, even though there is no proof, only you saying 'it was deleted,' and plastering that stuff on the internet. Seems to me the like that's the definition of trolling.

This is the tweet he deleted, but I'm the one making up stuff according to you.

“@Irontuz2: @scottdix9 we were his favorite the entire time now his top 3 and we don't even make it. Typical ****er” Wow. #Hokienation

I'll let you figure out what the ****er word is.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, how is what I did any different that ya'lls rolling thread about bashing UVa and their recruits? Oh yeah, it isn't.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is anyone bashing UVA recruits? Your coach, maybe, but where are recruits attacked?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is anyone bashing UVA recruits? Your coach, maybe, but where are recruits attacked?

I know he isn't there anymore, but VTFF was king when it came to bashing UVa recruits. Just look through the 216 thread to see what I'm talking about.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW!.....Just heard De'Shawn Hand has eliminated VT and SCAR, and now has a top 3 of Alabama, Florida, and Michigan.

That seems too good to be true right about now, I guess we'll see if it's a troll...lol.

That was posted on a few UofM Blogs by pretty reliable recruiting guys. I was surprised he either dropped S.C. and Va Tech or put them on the back burner.

Hoke has had some success in that area of the country and with a guy like Greg Mattison as his lead recruiter talking about how he can make him the next Ray Lewis UofM will be a tough opponent for the kid.

If UofM can land Peppers and Hand it would be great for the program. UofM needs a top 3 class right about now!

Michigan is on a roll right now. They are the clear leader for Hand and I would love to see the reaction down in Baton Rouge if Fournette heads to AA. The only way this can get any better is to see Adoree Jackson pair up with Peppers in our backfield. Go Blue!

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is on a roll right now. They are the clear leader for Hand and I would love to see the reaction down in Baton Rouge if Fournette heads to AA. The only way this can get any better is to see Adoree Jackson pair up with Peppers in our backfield. Go Blue!

I don't know if it's that clear, I would give Michigan the edge right now with the Major that Hand wants, but he hasn't visited Alabama yet, we'll see what happens after we get him on campus.

And about Leonard Fournette, if he isn't a corndog, he'll be in Crimson.

Just my opinions, though.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it's that clear, I would give Michigan the edge right now with the Major that Hand wants, but he hasn't visited Alabama yet, we'll see what happens after we get him on campus.

And about Leonard Fournette, if he isn't a corndog, he'll be in Crimson.

Just my opinions, though.

I would never count Saban out of a recruiting battle but Mattison might be his equal in that regard. If Hand is serious about academics, Michigan fits him like a glove (sorry, couldn't resist). It's not only the major that impressed Hand but the professor running the program. He seemed to make as big of an impact as Hoke and Mattison. The only thing that cold derail his signing is Michigan's product on the field.

As for Fournette, I tend to agree with you.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A HUGE get for Texas.....Dorian Leonard, WR, a top 10 guy in state

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

You don't think they will stay even close to that high do you?

I believe you're missing the entire point... how many people would expect UK, at any point to be that high in the rankings? The answer is simple. No one!

I expect, based on the current list of players for UK to have a top 10 class for the first time in the history of the program. Stoops and company are turning the perception of the program around quickly among the only "minds" that count. The recruits.

:suds:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you're missing the entire point... how many people would expect UK, at any point to be that high in the rankings? The answer is simple. No one!

I expect, based on the current list of players for UK to have a top 10 class for the first time in the history of the program. Stoops and company are turning the perception of the program around quickly among the only "minds" that count. The recruits.

:suds:

No doubt, it is very good for UK. I think I'm still caught up on the dumb Tennessee fans talking about their #1 ranking, knowing damn well they won't stay there or even close. (not the ut fans here :))

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classy bunch up there in Blacksburg:
Dude also dropped the n word towards Hand, but he quickly deleted it.

College sports fans really can be a bunch of stupid jackasses sometimes.

The basketball player that picked Kansas over Kentucky got some of the same type of tweets.

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College sports fans really can be a bunch of stupid jackasses sometimes.

The basketball player that picked Kansas over Kentucky got some of the same type of tweets.

He got a lot worse.....its pathetic that some people react this way to what college an 18 year old that they are not related to chooses to attend.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW!.....Just heard De'Shawn Hand has eliminated VT and SCAR, and now has a top 3 of Alabama, Florida, and Michigan.

That seems too good to be true right about now, I guess we'll see if it's a troll...lol.

Funny since I was called a tard by a VT fan for saying he would be going to Alabama and not VT because "4-3".

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got a lot worse.....its pathetic that some people react this way to what college an 18 year old that they are not related to chooses to attend.

That's the main reason I quit watching recruiting so closely. I've never reacted like that, but it's kinda heartbreaking if we are going to be honest.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK got a big commitment from RB Stanley Williams, class in now #3rd on Rivals. Still a long ways to NSD, but they seem to be putting together possibly the best class in their history.