• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK got a big commitment from RB Stanley Williams, class in now #3rd on Rivals. Still a long ways to NSD, but they seem to be putting together possibly the best class in their history.

Welp, they need to stop it.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny since I was called a tard by a VT fan for saying he would be going to Alabama and not VT because "4-3".

That reminds me....where the hell is ol' Cam? That fucker ain't been back in here in about 2 days.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey starbigd, looks like Alabama AND LSU may have the edge over Texas for Tony Brown at the moment, does this kid just not have any common sense or what? :happy:

Marlon Humphrey and Tony Brown in this class....dayum that would be nice.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

You don't think they will stay even close to that high do you?

If you're a Kentucky football fan you haven't seen recruits {like Stoops has been getting verbals from} since Bear Bryant left UK for greener pastures. Obviously you have nothing until the ink is on the dotted line....but I think UK fans have done the long-suffering part in football for waaaaaay to many years:doh:

So I'd like to enjoy the feeling that some of you fans get every year {with all the 3-4 star recruits that your team routinely recruits and then signs.}

What's that you say??? Get off of that soapbox? O.K.
:agree:

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Boom" Williams to UK - It's the end of the world!

UK got a big commitment from RB Stanley Williams, class in now #3rd on Rivals. Still a long ways to NSD, but they seem to be putting together possibly the best class in their history.

:wtf2:

Dude, last year was the highest ranking UK had received per Rivals ever and I believe we ended up like 28th or 29th.

This is by far the greatest collection of talent UK has seen ever. I do realize that NSD is a ways off and anything can happen but being able to read into the thoughts of the kids who committed, they seem determined in helping build UK into a contender.

Like I said earlier, people can say or think what they want about the change in perception regarding UK football but the only people who count are the recruits and they seem to be buying into what Stoops and company are selling.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woot. Maybe he turns out to be good, he looks a little soft though. Although, from what I hear, Bama has a decent place to do a little exercising.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woot. Maybe he turns out to be good, he looks a little soft though. Although, from what I hear, Bama has a decent place to do a little exercising.

Soft? 6'5 230 is soft? Running pretty physical in the highlights but I know what you mean. I like the way he looks in the pocket. Lots of presence to move around but still keep his eyes down field and enough of a runner to keep teams honest. Looking good at QB with all the ones we have and now Cornwell. :10:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The rich get richer! Bama receives commitment from number 1 pro style pocket passer!!!

I thought Chryst was number 1. And I didn't think it was close.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The rich get richer! Bama receives commitment from number 1 pro style pocket passer!!!

Don't keep track of this stuff too much, but is he a pro style pocket passer?

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't keep track of this stuff too much, but is he a pro style pocket passer?

As far as rivals is concerned, Cornwell ranks just behind Chryst, but different people go by different sites.

"And I didn't think it was close"....Yeah, it's very close, since they rank #1 and #2.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see this posted yet, but UGA landed 4-star Pro-Style QB Jacob Park yesterday. I know VT had high interest in both Park and Cornwell, so both committing elsewhere has to suck on top of the Hand situation.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas gets #17 and he's from out of state, Charlotte, NC P Corbin Daly, unranked. He averaged 47 a punt at an earlier Ohio State camp and apparently did the same in Austin. A surprise move by Mack.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star WR Derek Kief is looking like Bama right now. He announces Sunday.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cornwell is rated the nation's No. 1 pro-style quarterback by 247Sports and ESPN and No. 3 at the position by Rivals.com. He chose the Crimson Tide over offers from Auburn, Virginia Tech, Tennessee and over a dozen other schools.

The above is from the link I included. I don't follow this that closely either but I can read and 247sports and ESPN have him #1 while Rivals has Cryst. Looks close to me? :whistle:

Again, I don't follow it that closely but let me guess, Cryst has either committed too or has Michigan #1 on his list. Am I right jalopy? Based on our last game with y'all you better he hope it isn't even close! :laugh3:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalopy, I owe you an apology. I went and checked Rivals and Chryst didn't appear to have a Michigan connection. It's nice to see someone just states it as he sees it without team colors. Again, sorry!

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalopy, I owe you an apology. I went and checked Rivals and Chryst didn't appear to have a Michigan connection. It's nice to see someone just states it as he sees it without team colors. Again, sorry!

I didn't realize this thread was for the sole purpose of extolling the greatness of our schools through homervision. I have just happened to have seen Chryst play and the kid is for real. Fastest release this side of Marino. Cornwell has received a lot of pub for his eligibility issues and some feel that has elevated his status without complete justification. To be fair though, living in CA I am partial to Stanford, the likely destination of Chryst. I would take him any day at Michigan, though. Same for Cornwell.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

Dude, last year was the highest ranking UK had received per Rivals ever and I believe we ended up like 28th or 29th.

This is by far the greatest collection of talent UK has seen ever. I do realize that NSD is a ways off and anything can happen but being able to read into the thoughts of the kids who committed, they seem determined in helping build UK into a contender.

Like I said earlier, people can say or think what they want about the change in perception regarding UK football but the only people who count are the recruits and they seem to be buying into what Stoops and company are selling.

I know, I've been following recruiting and rivals for about 8 years. If it holds together then I agree, it'll definitely be their best ever.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas gets commit #18, Dallas Lincoln WR Emanuel Porter. He's 6'5", 190# and had earlier been committed to TCU. Texas is grabbing really big WRs. In the past week Texas got Longview WR Dorian Leonard and he is 6'4", 200#