• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It went under the radar because he is a 2015 recruit, but Austin Kafentzis of Utah committed to play for Gary Andersen and the Wisconsin Badgers. He is the reigning Mr. Utah, was the National Freshman of the year after the 2011 season, and already has over 9,000 career yards (6,000 passing, 3,000 rushing). He's 6'1 and runs a 4.45 40.

If he doesn't get the annual Badger Bump down, he'll likely be a top five quarterback. He's already gotten interest from several top schools including Bama and USC, though I understand they might both see him as a DB. His relationship with Gary Andersen and Andy Ludwig is likely enough to keep him as a commit.

Here's a highlight video:

Last edited by a moderator:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It went under the radar because he is a 2015 recruit, but Austin Kafentzis of Utah committed to play for Gary Andersen and the Wisconsin Badgers. He is the reigning Mr. Utah, was the National Freshman of the year after the 2011 season, and already has over 9,000 career yards (6,000 passing, 3,000 rushing). He's 6'1 and runs a 4.45 40.

If he doesn't get the annual Badger Bump down, he'll likely be a top five quarterback. He's already gotten interest from several top schools including Bama and USC, though I understand they might both see him as a DB. His relationship with Gary Andersen and Andy Ludwig is likely enough to keep him as a commit.

Here's a highlight video:

6'1 194lbs, running a 4.4 40.....I agree, he'd be a DB at Bama.

Last edited by a moderator:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's backup QB last year was the same height and only 4lbs heavier. :L

Please God tell me you're not talking about Phillip Ely(guy who transferred because he was gonna lose the job to a freshman)...:burt:

While we're at it, lets talk about Blake Sims...lol. Two guys that could never sniff the starting job.

Ely was never athletic enough to change positions, and Sims tried out at other positions, including running back, but was set at back up QB because there wasn't any trust in Ely, and he at least had running ability. God knows that sumbitch couldn't throw or make decisions.

There's a reason we were all scared that if AJ went down, we were fucked.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please God tell me you're not talking about Phillip Ely(guy who transferred because he was gonna lose the job to a freshman)...:burt:

While we're at it, lets talk about Blake Sims...lol. Two guys that could never sniff the starting job.

Ely was never athletic enough to change positions, and Sims tried out at other positions, including running back, but was set at back up QB because there wasn't any trust in Ely, and he at least had running ability. God knows that sumbitch couldn't throw or make decisions.

There's a reason we were all scared that if AJ went down, we were fucked.

I know who both of them are. Ely went to Plant high in Tampa (same high school Aaron Murray and a shit load of other D1 players). Saban obviously thought enough of him out of high school to offer him a scolly at QB and not DB is my point though.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know who both of them are. Ely went to Plant high in Tampa (same high school Aaron Murray and a shit load of other D1 players). Saban obviously thought enough of him out of high school to offer him a scolly at QB and not DB is my point though.

Yeah, Saban is definitely a better judge than me, but I just don't like those short QB's. Also, with our current QB's already on the team, plus Cornwell committed in this class, and our top targets for next year, I just feel like if Bama is showing any interest, it certainly has to be somewhere other than QB, most likely DB with those measurements.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Saban is definitely a better judge than me, but I just don't like those short QB's. Also, with our current QB's already on the team, plus Cornwell committed in this class, and our top targets for next year, I just feel like if Bama is showing any interest, it certainly has to be somewhere other than QB, most likely DB with those measurements.

QBs are hard to judge though man, even for the most skilled of scouts and is at the most important position on the field. Most coaches like to bring in 1 decent to good one per year because QB predictions are never anywhere near 100%. Phillip Sims was a heavily recruited guy too remember, and he was 3rd on UVA's depth chart in the spring before transferring. You never know.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs are hard to judge though man, even for the most skilled of scouts and is at the most important position on the field. Most coaches like to bring in 1 decent to good one per year because QB predictions are never anywhere near 100%. Phillip Sims was a heavily recruited guy too remember, and he was 3rd on UVA's depth chart in the spring before transferring. You never know.

Yup, Star Jackson was pretty much the same way. That's why I don't get overly excited about a big time QB recruit, more-so than any other position, til I actually see how they play at the collegiate level against real competition. QB's are like a box of chocolates.... you never know what you're gonna get.

forrest-gump.jpg

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, Star Jackson was pretty much the same way. That's why I don't get overly excited about a big time QB recruit, more-so than any other position, til I actually see how they play at the collegiate level against real competition. QB's are like a box of chocolates.... you never know what you're gonna get.

forrest-gump.jpg

Yep. OLineman are pretty much the same and why I usually don't even look for anything more than a high revving motor out of one. Trying to scout them fuckers are about as hit and miss as it comes.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron Robinson IS NOT like a box of chocolates, you know EXACTLY what you're going to get....and that is an Alabama commit!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. There is a great tradition of obesity with the bammers.

terrence-cody-weigh-in_display_image.jpg

tc2.gif

andre-smith-5-e1337905060708.jpg

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for Bama, bad news for everyone else....Robert Foster is cleared by the NCAA. He'll be on campus Friday or Saturday.