• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-star top DT prospect in the country Aaron Brown will be committing to UVA this weekend

That's about like hanging some brand new curtains in a condemned old haunted house with the foundation slipping and a sink hole directly under it.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-star top DT prospect in the country Aaron Brown will be committing to UVA this weekend

That's about like hanging some brand new curtains in a condemned old haunted house with the foundation slipping and a sink hole directly under it.

Damn, that'd be two 5* recruits for them.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both on defense, dat D gone be good if they keep nabbing players like that....providing they can coach them.

ACC teams' biggest problem is coaching. We get more players into the NFL than everybody but the SEC yet we lose an awful lot of games. Something aint right about that.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And do you mean Andrew Brown?

Yea. Ambien post.....I've been following his recruitment since probably the end of his freshman year and I can't get his name right. :L

Both on defense, dat D gone be good if they keep nabbing players like that....providing they can coach them.

They can't coach though....and probably won't even be there for their entire careers. Maybe the next guy can do something with them though. Tom O'Bryan was hired there as a position coach over the offseason and some speculate he may be a HC candidate after Mike London gets fired. He may be able to do something with them. Too many unknowns going on there though for me if I were in those guys shoes.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC teams' biggest problem is coaching. We get more players into the NFL than everybody but the SEC yet we lose an awful lot of games. Something aint right about that.

That's pretty accurate. Not all teams have the same coaching problems, but most of them do. VT for example is more of a recruiting problem, but they have had a bad stretch with a couple of offensive coaching staff members that were no where near qualified for their jobs. I think at least one of those has been remedied though, and the other should be, at worst, an upgrade over the last one.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty accurate. Not all teams have the same coaching problems, but most of them do. VT for example is more of a recruiting problem, but they have had a bad stretch with a couple of offensive coaching staff members that were no where near qualified for their jobs. I think at least one of those has been remedied though, and the other should be, at worst, an upgrade over the last one.

I am sure hoping Fedora can light a fire under my Heels. :hope:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure hoping Fedora can light a fire under my Heels. :hope:

He seems like a good coach. I think the thing I would be scared of if I were a UNC fan, would be him leaving though. Idk about MNC caliber teams, but I think UNC will be competing for ACC titles here soon. If they can do that consistently....they would always have a back door shot for a MNC berth every now and then.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like a good coach. I think the thing I would be scared of if I were a UNC fan, would be him leaving though. Idk about MNC caliber teams, but I think UNC will be competing for ACC titles here soon. If they can do that consistently....they would always have a back door shot for a MNC berth every now and then.

Now, you're thinking! I like that.

VT should get right back to their winning ways this season, don't you think?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, you're thinking! I like that.

VT should get right back to their winning ways this season, don't you think?

Depends on how the O-line plays and how healthy they (overall team) can stay at some positions. It's really amazing how shitty your team can be with extremely mediocre play by a few guys that get almost no attention from the public and media every game. Logan was farrr from perfect last year individually, but his flaws were highlighted with the Hubble telescope instead of a microscope with the shitty Oline and no running game because of it. They didn't seem quite as bad in the spring....but were far from impressive as well. We will see. It could take more than a year to fix 8-10 years of horrible o-line coaching.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

HOW is Texas #1 on rivals right now? I don't think we even have a single 5 star yet.