• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Lions Draft Thread

Best Option for the Lions at #10

• Anthony Barr

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Best CB Available (Dennard or Gilbert)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

superdave2773

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 NFL Mock Draft Central - NFL.com

check this one out bucky brooks? has watkins sliding all the way to 16 i see there being ZERO CHANCE of this happening! wtf did he just forget about the guy then slide him in as an afterthought?

ah just looked at the date january 14th lol

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how did you become a lions fan in ca?
Grew up in Warren, moved to AZ for grad school in '92 and have with the exception of a short stint in Chicago, have been out West ever since. I usually come home for at least 1 game a year and meet up with some other idiots for 1 road game. I'm not a huge fan (could never admit to that) but DirecTV allows me to catch most of the games.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 NFL Mock Draft Central - NFL.com

check this one out bucky brooks? has watkins sliding all the way to 16 i see there being ZERO CHANCE of this happening! wtf did he just forget about the guy then slide him in as an afterthought?

ah just looked at the date january 14th lol
I actually think he may slide too. I just don't see him as being a sure-fire stud. Ultra talented but a huge risk. If AL Davis were still alive there is no way he would pass on him.
I agree with three of the forecasters that Barr and Mack will both be gone before #10 but I would love to see either in a Lions uni.
I also agree with all 4 forecasters that I would take Gilbert over Dennard.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans would fit right in with all the other Lions receivers who can't get separation.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So help me, if Mayhew drafts a WR in the 1st found without trading down and getting another pick, I am firing him immediately and installing myself in his stead. That has to be my right as a schmuck, bandwagon fan that doesn't live within 2300 miles of Detroit, right?

Sounds like you don't know the definition of a bandwagon fan.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, it's just been a damn long ride. I keep promising to jump off but it never seems to happen.

Make the home opener and it never will. You are twice as far away as me (1,150 miles). Probably sound twice as intelligent as well.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poll: 1ST Round Pick

I know this pick has been discussed to the point of ad nausea but I wanted to put a number to it. For the purpose of the poll, assume that the options are all available to the Lions with the #10 pick. Trading the pick isn't an option because the circumstance surrounding are too numerable.

PS This is the first time I have tried a poll on this site so forgive me if it goes awry.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it this way. One on one, I'll take Dennard covering Watkins any day of the week. Watkins is explosive after the catch, but he has to get open and catch it first. Good luck.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I still want Mack. We have no depth at LB. Watkins would be second. We have almost no depth there. CB we have Houston and Slay and some young backups in Green, Greenwood and Bently although I think the 2 former could both be moved to safety now that Delmas is gone. Not out of the question we bring back Mathis for another year too. Not great but at least there is some depth there.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it this way. One on one, I'll take Dennard covering Watkins any day of the week. Watkins is explosive after the catch, but he has to get open and catch it first. Good luck.
I'm assuming you've seen a lot of Dennard? From the tape I've seen, Dennard is not that fast and plays right next to the line of scrimmage. He has to change his style of play or he'll need safety help at the next level. 1 on 1 against Watkins, the offense is getting a pass interference or a touchdown at least half of the time

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I still want Mack. We have no depth at LB. Watkins would be second. We have almost no depth there. CB we have Houston and Slay and some young backups in Green, Greenwood and Bently although I think the 2 former could both be moved to safety now that Delmas is gone. Not out of the question we bring back Mathis for another year too. Not great but at least there is some depth there.

I agree with this but I don't see any chance he slips to #10 unless something crazy happens at the combine.

RB, do you feel that Dennard can physically handle a team's top receiver? Starting with Jordy Nelson (6'3",220) and Brandon Marshall (6'4",230) simply because they are in our division.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS............ :10:

BTW... JMO, Watkins is more than physical enough to combat Dennard or Gilbert at the LOS

Where Did They Catch the Ball?

The table below represents the percentage of catches in each zone, it is color-coded so that an above-average number of receptions is greener and a below-average number is redder.

yuHvdoh.jpg

What Did They Do After They Caught It?

mWZAiha.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB we have Houston and Slay and some young backups in Green, Greenwood and Bently although I think the 2 former could both be moved to safety now that Delmas is gone. Not out of the question we bring back Mathis for another year too. Not great but at least there is some depth there.

You'd think they'd have more than 2 total INT's in 16 games with all that depth. But they didn't. Sadly.

I'm assuming you've seen a lot of Dennard? From the tape I've seen, Dennard is not that fast and plays right next to the line of scrimmage. He has to change his style of play or he'll need safety help at the next level. 1 on 1 against Watkins, the offense is getting a pass interference or a touchdown at least half of the time

What tape did you watch? He plays next to the line of scrimmage because he doesn't get burned. Proclaiming that 1 on 1 against Watkins would result in a TD or PI 50% of the time is pretty bold. But that's nothing new coming from Ram fans. I remember this goodie from Rams fans last year:

image72.jpg

Combined yards in 2013 as Rams: 57 catches 644 yards and 4 TD's (0 by Bailey)

You guys love getting all excited about WR's. I don't blame you. But don't be offended if I'm not buying it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yuHvdoh.jpg

What Did They Do After They Caught It?

mWZAiha.jpg

Damn. If anything this is a huge red flag against Watkins imo. He basically caught screen passes 60% of the time and ran away from everyone. That won't work in the NFL where everyone is fast.