• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Lions Draft Thread

Best Option for the Lions at #10

• Anthony Barr

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Best CB Available (Dennard or Gilbert)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Millen didn't do this at all did he, take 2 wr's that high as 1st round WR's.

BB72,
that was the implied reference, although I don't think he was crazy, just a bad GM. I do agree that Watkin and Austin seem to complement each other perfectly.
I just don't feel the Rams are very confident that Bradford is the guy they need and the NFL's current structure says you need to draft a quality QB or it will blow up your salary cap issues.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have two first round picks, you can play around a little and take a stud like Watkins. With that additiin, they becime really fast on offense and Bradford has no more excuses. At 13, they might be looking at Barr or another great cover corner. They have options.

ls, we can debate this until we are (honolulu) blue in the face but the fact remains that our opinions are likely to change drastically when the Lions are done with their FA moves (and Suh's negotiation). What I mean is, once Suh signs and the Lions entice Tate, their won't we a need for the Lions to take Watkins.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of Doug Baldwin, jalopy? Also a FA. Seems to have more support from Sqwuak fans (Isn't tainted by Golden's condition.)than Tate.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the Lions entice Tate
We don't even know if he is interested. Last report I read, he stated he would take less to stay with Seattle. And the actual FA WR I would've wanted(but doubt we could afford) just stated Philly is where he wants to be. I honestly don't see us landing that complimentary piece to CJ that we need via FA. :2cents:

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge fan of Tate. Of course Maclin wants to be in Philly, that offense is fun.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of Doug Baldwin, jalopy? Also a FA. Seems to have more support from Sqwuak fans (Isn't tainted by Golden's condition.)than Tate.
I butted in on a Seahawk thread about Nate Burleson and the folks over there think Baldwin will be retained and Tate will let go for money reasons. They seem to think Tate will get offers in the 4/$22 range. If that is true I would pass on him but I love him at 4/$15. Baldwin is a higher risk choice that will cost less while Tate is more of a sure thing. He isn't a top flight (#1) WR but has good speed, good hands and runs good routes. I think that is exactly what the Lions need. He can also return kicks although I am against a starting WR returning kicks in most situations.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a pot head young generation thing, but I still don't want these two guys running the lions.....Maybe WCF needs to smoke some dope to make this team better?

They already do, they have code names Mayhew and Lewand.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't even know if he is interested. Last report I read, he stated he would take less to stay with Seattle. And the actual FA WR I would've wanted(but doubt we could afford) just stated Philly is where he wants to be. I honestly don't see us landing that complimentary piece to CJ that we need via FA. :2cents:
Seahawks have a lot of money invested in Harvin and have to keep an eye toward next year when they will have to sign Wilson. They also don't value the passing game the same way the Lions do.
Draftin is definitely the cheapest way to address the issue but if you don't use the #10 pick, you are going into the season with a huge ?. I would rather use the #10 for defense.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Delmas gone that moves Pryor to #1 on my board, followed by Mack, and then Watkins. We talk about impact players well he is one and is the player and position that improves the team the most over our other options. Don't tell me you think Don Carey is starter material. We have absolutely nobody there right now.

Is the guy as good a prospect as Barron or Earl Thomas? Hard to say at this point.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting Tate's name keeps getting brought up, when mentally healthy, I think Titus young is more talented than Tate.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spied on the same thread, I believe. Gladly upgrade Nate to Doug, with savings to boot. Seems like a receiver who fits the type Mayhew has sought via the draft. But like you said, could very well be retained.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

I've mentioned Cooks in a few other threads. The kid produces.

Hell yeah, dude is a beast. A lot of people comparing him to Steve Smith of Carolina in his prime. So many WR's available in round 2.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting Tate's name keeps getting brought up, when mentally healthy, I think Titus young is more talented than Tate.

So do I. Titus was batshit crazy. But other than the alligator arms, dude's very talented. Batshit crazy cancelled that out though.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five Up, Five Down

1. WR Odell Beckham, LSU
With so many talented prospects leaving the LSU program this season, considerable time is spent reviewing those players. And every time I turn on the game film, I'm drawn to No. 3 all over again. Instead of ranting in my notes about how good Beckham is, it's time to simply move him up the board.
Beckham has the speed to be a threat after the catch or in his route stem and shows the toughness you want in a receiver asked to go over the middle. He doesn't have elite size, but his ability in space is ideal.
Current ranking: No. 24 overall

I don't believe he'll be available in the 2nd round. I still prefer his teammate Landry over him at this point due to the fact he excels over Beckham with better hands and route tree.

Yeah this guy is out of the mix for the Lions. Not big enough to go #10 and to damn good to go as late as #43.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do I. Titus was batshit crazy. But other than the alligator arms, dude's very talented. Batshit crazy cancelled that out though.

It's to bad because when we played Seattle with their "vaunted secondary" Titus destroyed Sherman!

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind getting Edelman or McCutcheon. Both are guys that aren't crazy good, but would be a huge upgrade as an option underneath. I especially like the idea of McCutcheon because of his ability to create plays in space. Then again if Bush gets used like I think he should he will be our guy to get the ball short with an ability to take advantage of space.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top ten or fifteen picks will be nothing short of the yearly trend. The Seattle defenses, the Alshon Jefferies, Julius Thomas', mobile QBs, the freakish DEs and the system LTs will have an effect on the top of the draft as always. Everything else just takes care of itself.

Depending on combine numbers obviously, I have a feeling Mr. Evans will be donning a Lions jersey come May. Him and CJ would instantly give Detroit a WR duo that could challenge Chicago's.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's to bad because when we played Seattle with their "vaunted secondary" Titus destroyed Sherman!

It is too bad. Titus coulda been a great numba two. (Was that the game where we beat a team with a winning record?)