• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Lions Draft Thread

Best Option for the Lions at #10

• Anthony Barr

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Best CB Available (Dennard or Gilbert)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're all fucking assholes. That includes you Yao!

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah,

I'm not sold on Green, Greenwood, Bentley or Houston. Slay gets a pass and Mathis was decent, but he would be my 4th guy. Dennard or Gilbert are surely better than most of our guys. If you can add one of these guys, you do it. Houston could still be very much in the mix on defense or whoever else warrants play-time.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOT DAMMIT! Now I'm a big Chinese asshole.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Bentley will ever be a #1 or #2 corner. He just hasn't shown enough imo to warrant that. He could do nicely in the nickel as he has the size to matchup with slot receivers.

I think either Dennard or Gilbert would fit in nicely here. With the way our corners never seem to finish an entire season healthy, they would see plenty of meaningful game action. Paired up with Austin, they could learn a lot early on that will help them help us as a team.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to know. Good thing your opinion of me means the world to me.

But I digress.....back to those 2nd round options.

Actually I'm lying. 100% truth I thought you were pissed at me that day at Whirelyball because I kept starring at your gf's crotch every time we bumped cars. I felt like a perv and tried hard to not keep looking but my man-stincts would not allow me to look away. I apologize if this is the real reason but she's pretty hot and those shorts were short, and tight. You're a lucky man.

Feels good to be honest. 100% truth no smiley's needed.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Green, Greenwood, Bentley or Houston. Slay gets a pass and Mathis was decent, but he would be my 4th guy. Dennard or Gilbert are surely better than most of our guys. If you can add one of these guys, you do it. Houston could still be very much in the mix on defense or whoever else warrants play-time.

Nor should you be. Just because we have a lot of one position doesn't mean we're all set. There are corners in this league taken since these guys who are excelling. David Amerson was a guy I wanted the Lions to take last year after how great he looked at the Senor Bowl playing for them. He had an awesome year (he had the same amount of INT's by himself as the whole Lions cornerback unit had as a whole) playing in all 16 games and is pretty much has a starting spot locked up in Washington going into 2014. He was th3 51st overall pick. Slay was 36th.

I don't think Bentley will ever be a #1 or #2 corner. He just hasn't shown enough imo to warrant that. He could do nicely in the nickel as he has the size to matchup with slot receivers.

I'm still not sure he can play in the NFL, let alone the nickle. Only played in 17 games in his first two years and has 0 INT and only 5 passes defended. Not too good.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would we really be having this discussion if there wasn't a problem in the secondary? Houston just gave everyone here reason to believe he's average and isn't living up to his contract. You keep him because you have to, but you don't stop adding because you have him. Dennard, Gilbert > Houston

Bentley has been injured, a pass interference machine and looks to be a fit at nickel. Plan on playing him there so he can cover some of the faster slot guys. He needs to shake his bad habits though. Dennard, Gilbert > Bentley

Greenwood is still a project and the team should continue to give him plenty of reps in practice in hopes that he can excel. I highly doubt this is his year to be that "gem" we're all hoping for. Again, you still draft a guy even if you have Greenwood on the team. Dennard or Gilbert > Greenwood.

Mathis was decent but is a stop-gap player. That means he has little to offer. Green barely played last year and is a non-factor.

Slay gets the pass but remember, he was a second round choice. Therefore, one can argue that taking a 1st round guy makes sense.

To make it even worse, the Lions could still be upgrading by taking someone in the second.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trevor Reilly falls out of the 2nd I think the Lions should take a hard look at him. Dude is a high motor relentless beast. The year before this, he played the majority of the season(at a high level mind you) with a partially torn ACL. This dude is mature, by that I'm not just referring to his age(26) he has shown well both in coverage and as a pass rusher. He could be a 3 down OLB. Palmer? See you later.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trevor Reilly falls out of the 2nd I think the Lions should take a hard look at him. Dude is a high motor relentless beast. The year before this, he played the majority of the season(at a high level mind you) with a partially torn ACL. This dude is mature, by that I'm not just referring to his age(26) he has shown well both in coverage and as a pass rusher. He could be a 3 down OLB. Palmer? See you later.

Im sewing Tigers on shirt(uhh) 'n' alligators....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions should draft the next "great white hope" at WR

I was watching TV yesterday and came across a replay of the Wisconsin/Ohio State game. The Wisconsin WR Jared Abbrederis absolutely TORCHED Bradley Roby all game long. I think they said he finished with 10 catches and 200+ yards.

If Watkins doesn't drop to Detroit at #10 and if for some reason, another defensive player the Lions love at falls to them in the 2nd round. I'd be extremely happy getting a player like Abbrederis in the 3rd round (which is where they are projecting him)

After watching the game -- I looked up some more stuff on the guy online. They said he was head and shoulders above all the WRs at the Senior Bowl, catching every ball thrown his way. It said he is extremely good at setting up the CB on his routes and run very precise routes as well.

Hell -- after watching this guy on film and reading up more about him online. I wouldn't be upset if Detroit drafted him in the 2nd round IF, he runs in the 4.4's as he predicted he would at the combine.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised you never noticed him at Wisky. He's also a beast on ncaa 14.

I like your idea of drafting him in the 3rd a lot more than taking any WR in round 1 or even 2.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't draft white WR&CBs or black QBs. Too risky.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's Durham part duece! There is some truth to Old Lion's statement.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks to be a steal if he makes it to the 3rd. Check out Paul Richardson from Colorado too. He's good but kind of thin.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't draft white WR&CBs or black QBs. Too risky.:eek:

Has there ever been a white CB in our lifetime? Not safety, but CB. I can't think of any?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call. Is he the only one?