• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Lions Draft Thread

Best Option for the Lions at #10

• Anthony Barr

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Best CB Available (Dennard or Gilbert)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a guy called Steve Largent, but I digress.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffrey Janis has a shot a 4.3s at the combine. Kid is a tough little bastard too, does a lot of training with MMA. I don't care if we draft a WR early I'd love to see him picked with the supplemental in the fourth incase he is gone by the sixth. Sounded like he had a pretty good week at Senior Bowl practice, didn't have much of a chance in the game with the North QBs on their backs most of the game. Biggest knock I've heard on him is that his hands may be a touch smaller than they like to see. But if you catch the ball, run in the sub 4.4 range and can catch the ball across the middle with no fear, welcome aboard!!!!

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not go after Allen Robinson if the Lions get a CB or OLB with the 1st round pick?

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about making a quip about great quarterbacks making the players around then better like Kinta did for Roy and Furrey on another thread.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mind seeing the Lions draft 2 WRs in the draft. Maybe a 2 or 3 and/or a 4th or 6th rounder.

When Durham is a lock for a roster spot and guys like Ross and Spurlock are being looked at it tells me the Lions have shit for depth at the WR position. I can not see Nate coming back for anything over a million a year.

Detroit needs to add some quality depth to wr and guys like Matthews, Landry, Davis, Robinson, and Beckham could be had outside the 1st. That would go along way to building a Green Bay like WR corp.

And Jordy Nelson isn't bad for a white guy playing WR.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Jordy Nelson isn't bad for a white guy playing WR.

Even guys like Nelson, Welker, and Decker have only had success with superstar QBs. Noone would even recognize Welker when he was on Miami. Nelson blew chunks when Rogers was out. Decker was not great before Manning came to town. Heck he is still inconsistent against better teams.

Obviously what I was snarkishly referring to was that they are the exception. I don't care who we draft as long as he can be successful in our offense or defense

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised you never noticed him at Wisky. He's also a beast on ncaa 14.

I like your idea of drafting him in the 3rd a lot more than taking any WR in round 1 or even 2.

As do I, if we draft another WR too high only to watch him suck I wont be too happy.If we draft him #10, I will cry.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even guys like Nelson, Welker, and Decker have only had success with superstar QBs. Noone would even recognize Welker when he was on Miami. Nelson blew chunks when Rogers was out. Decker was not great before Manning came to town. Heck he is still inconsistent against better teams.

Obviously what I was snarkishly referring to was that they are the exception. I don't care who we draft as long as he can be successful in our offense or defense

This. These guys are all products elite quarterbacks. Just like hakim in stl. Im sure I will get flak for this but also think wilson is a product of the team and if you put him on a mediocre team he would be awful, same with kaepernick. My pick for black qb is griffin and he should be healthy next year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thread is racist against slow people with light pigmentation.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might even want to take a look at McCaffrey's son, Christian, in a few years. That kid will be a potential badass at Stanford (kinda short though).

Christian McCaffrey

Speaking of Stanford, and former player's sons, can't wait to see more action from Barry 2.0 this season. :suds:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Calvin their are not to many WR that excel without a good QB.

Brandon Marshall was garbage in Miami. Caught passes but YPC and TDs were just awful. What did the Denver WRs do with Tebow? Thomas wasn't exciting and Decker was an after thought.

Welker, Nelson, Decker on the Lions and they are 1000 yard plus #2 WRs. Thats all that matters to me. Durham, Ogletree and Ross are barely roster spot warmers.

Those guys have talent regardless of who is throwing the ball, they get big contracts due to who is throwing the ball, would excel in Detroit.

I would not across the board compare Nelson, Welker, and Decker to the Akims and Schroeders of past teams. I would put Stafford way ahead of Kitna, Mitchell and whoever else was throwing the ball to other teams castoffs. The QB has to be factored into the WRs ability when looking at their ability. I doubt Jerry Rice would have been Jerry Rice with Brandon Wheeden as a QB.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Calvin their are not to many WR that excel without a good QB.

Brandon Marshall was garbage in Miami. Caught passes but YPC and TDs were just awful. What did the Denver WRs do with Tebow? Thomas wasn't exciting and Decker was an after thought.

Welker, Nelson, Decker on the Lions and they are 1000 yard plus #2 WRs. Thats all that matters to me. Durham, Ogletree and Ross are barely roster spot warmers.

Those guys have talent regardless of who is throwing the ball, they get big contracts due to who is throwing the ball, would excel in Detroit.

I would not across the board compare Nelson, Welker, and Decker to the Akims and Schroeders of past teams. I would put Stafford way ahead of Kitna, Mitchell and whoever else was throwing the ball to other teams castoffs. The QB has to be factored into the WRs ability when looking at their ability. I doubt Jerry Rice would have been Jerry Rice with Brandon Wheeden as a QB.

This is why I threw Cotchery out there as a realistic FA. Granted, he's not the sexy free agent, but he produced with Alex fucking Sanchez throwing him the ball.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only guy I hate more than Alex Sanchez is Tom fucking Tebow.