• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Lions Draft Thread

Best Option for the Lions at #10

• Anthony Barr

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Best CB Available (Dennard or Gilbert)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice and Harvin. They drafted Tate as a fourth receiver I believe.

Oh my bad thought you were referring to tate and harvin.

When they drafted tate tho didnt they draft him to be a 1? I thought he was a first round pick

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice and Harvin. They drafted Tate as a fourth receiver I believe.

29 million guaranteed between those two WR's and Rice is expected to be cut this year after never living up to expectations, only playing one full season out of 3 (8 and 9 games in his other two years) and catching 12 TD's in 3 years.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round. (They didn't have Rice and Harvin.). DBacks drafted Tate in the 47th round. And evidently Rice is going to get cut.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
29 million guaranteed between those two WR's and Rice is expected to be cut this year after never living up to expectations, only playing one full season out of 3 (8 and 9 games in his other two years) and catching 12 TD's in 3 years.

Highest paid duo in the NFL I believe. Did absolutely nothing this year.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round. (They didn't have Rice and Harvin.). DBacks drafted Tate in the 47th round. And evidently Rice is going to get cut.

Ah ok, I dont follow the seahawks too closely. Rice was good in minny what the hell happened?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highest paid duo in the NFL I believe. Did absolutely nothing this year.

Thats crazy. I think if harvin stays healthy he will be a stud, but way too much money for those two. Its good to see such an incredible front office look human.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see why they would take an OT.

If hes the best player available why not? Waddle and reiff have had good years but either one could regress drastically next season just like many players. Houston and delmas are great examples. Im always for building the offensive or defensive line if they are the BPA.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could go LB in round 1 and WR in round 2 and then all defense except for a TE afterwards.

There is a ton of depth at WR in this draft. There are some LBs in round 1 and 2 but they thin out fast. I don't like any of the CBs I have seen so far. TEs are not too bad either. If one of the better ones drops to the 2nd round we might grab him first.

I would be ok with LB with the first pick. Besides levy last season (heres hoping its not an anomaly) they have lacked a playmaking LB and need one badly. If they draft the right LB they could have an argument for best front 7 in the league.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks got the ring so they must be doing something right.

Rice hasn't done much but his game never fit Wilson's style as a QB.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah ok, I dont follow the seahawks too closely. Rice was good in minny what the hell happened?
I believe the Seahawks signed Rice to a contract when he was a restricted FA with Minny. The signing was supposedly retribution for the Vikings singing Steve Hutchinson away the previous year as a restricted FA. The Vikes used some weird clause that the Seahawks couldn't match. Regardless, Hutch played great his first few years in Minny but Rice bombed.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see why they would take an OT.

Because that will be what falls to us this year. Unless it's Clowney of course. He reminds me a lot of how Fairley came into his draft. 'We just drafted Suh. No way we take Fairley.' So for whatever reason, Clowney falls, and...

Stranger things have happened.

I know most everyone has their heart set on that #2 WR, or that 3rd LB, or that umpteenth CB, or the next coming of Jimmy Graham, but at #10 you would all be better served letting your brain knock your heart the fuck out on this one.

I'm with you on Watkins at #10, but even your heart knows that ain't going to happen.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats crazy. I think if harvin stays healthy he will be a stud, but way too much money for those two. Its good to see such an incredible front office look human.

Matt Flynn also. Im not sure what/how many picks Seattle still has to send Minny for Harvin.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Flynn also. Im not sure what/how many picks Seattle still has to send Minny for Harvin.

I forgo about flynn, its ridiculous how many nfl franchises are flynned or casselled annually.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions get Watkins, I'll be one of the happiest people on this board. Though I would love to have him on the Dolphins. Our other needs to too pressing, and there's no chance in hell he falls, so I want the Lions to get him to help out Calvin, Stafford and co. The secondary need is huge too though. Depends on what happens. Maybe the Lions could trade down a few spots if Watkins isn't there and stock pile some picks so that way they can address other needs while also adding weapons for Stafford.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda scary when Rice and Tate are #2 WRs get SB rings and Harvin probably played 2 full combined games this season....

Maybe Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll know what there doing? Nah that can't be it, they just have a bunch of slot guys "stretching the field" Nah that can't be it"......It must be football........Ya that's it.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions get Watkins, I'll be one of the happiest people on this board. Though I would love to have him on the Dolphins. Our other needs to too pressing, and there's no chance in hell he falls, so I want the Lions to get him to help out Calvin, Stafford and co. The secondary need is huge too though. Depends on what happens. Maybe the Lions could trade down a few spots if Watkins isn't there and stock pile some picks so that way they can address other needs while also adding weapons for Stafford.

Front office doesn't know how to trade back and get more picks, they jump up and grab injured players.....

Love your thinking from Miami unfronutaley sound decisicon making Doesn't work in Detroit.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The payback for Hutch was Burleson.

Rice was the only WR the only deep threat when they signed. They thought Flynn would help the vertical game with Rice. Sounds like a Matt Millen type move.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The payback for Hutch was Burleson.

Rice was the only WR the only deep threat when they signed. They thought Flynn would help the vertical game with Rice. Sounds like a Matt Millen type move.

It was. Rice was clearly a product of Brett Favre. Never did anything before or after he played with him. The Lions got Flynn signed to that 20 million dollar contract in Seattle. He should give half of it to our corner backs group.

The Hawks proved there are several ways to get to the SB, even for teams who make massive financial errors. Plain and simple they struck gold when they drafted Russell Wilson. The QB position is and will always be the most important position in sports, and a good one can cover up a lot of mistakes and make you a winner.

It obviously helps that they have Lynch and play smart defense. As Larry Foote says, run the ball, punt and trust in your defense. Don't make your QB do everything. The Lions never adhered by that philosophy under the past regime.