• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Lions Draft Thread

Best Option for the Lions at #10

• Anthony Barr

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Best CB Available (Dennard or Gilbert)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For you Watkins fans: You're not suggesting we trade up for him do you? Because no way does he drop to 10.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For you Watkins fans: You're not suggesting we trade up for him do you? Because no way does he drop to 10.
Yeah, I can't imagine. Bortles, Bridgewater, Clowney, Matthews, probably Manziel will go ahead of him. Throw in Robinson, Mack and Barr and then that leaves the Bills passing on Watkins. Mosley would have to be Superman in the combine for that to happen, imo. That or someone would have to reach on Carr and lol at that team

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can't imagine. Bortles, Bridgewater, Clowney, Matthews, probably Manziel will go ahead of him. Throw in Robinson, Mack and Barr and then that leaves the Bills passing on Watkins. Mosley would have to be Superman in the combine for that to happen, imo. That or someone would have to reach on Carr and lol at that team

I agree that 3 QBs will go before our pick and Mathews as well. Clowney, Mack and Barr probably too. That only leaves 2 other picks so he could easily slip to us.

One thing I definitely like is that he ahs very good hands.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Lion,

Tavin Austin was in an offense that used him similar to the ways Clemson used Watkins. The whole point behind the screen game with Watkins is to get the ball in his hands quickly so he can work his magic since he's very quick out of his initial step. It doesnt really matter that half his catches were screens because he caught 101 balls for over 1200 yards. One Clemson game I watched, the announcers were talking about how teams have problems deciding how to defend him because his initial step is so dangerous and they didnt want him to get behind the defense. Sometimes it was safety help over the top or commiting a LB underneath him to help prevent him from breaking loose.

Thats perfect for a team like Detroit. Especially if Caldwell wants to run the ball more, be fast and play fast, and create an innovative offense.

I get why people want a top defender and there's not much of a gap between Watkins and all the other recievers, but they dont have this guys ability as a tremendous threat on the field.

We already have Reggie Bush for that. I will concede he is probably the only WR I would take at 10. He is still young too so he can get a little stronger and less injury prone if he gets past his first year without major injury

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully Minny, then they can have Ponder part Duex.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Base,

Actually, I wouldn't be against trading up a few spots for him. I saw a mock on Bleacher Report that had the Lions getting him at 10 and the picks they had in place for the teams ahead of the Lions made sense. Of course i liked it because Watkins was the pick. I'm pretty sure once prospect analysis and breakdowns start on these guys, it will show this dudes talent.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush can't even get up-field as fast as this guy Old Lion. Plus, Bush can only do so much as a wide out option. I'm sure they would perfer for Bush to be a RB more than anything. Having a Bush, Watkins and CJ would be great.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe there are Lions fans on here that wouldn't want Watkins at #10. If you guys are lucky enough to have him fall into your lap, you have the potential to make Marshall-Jeffery the 2nd best WR combo in the North. Stafford, Bush, Calvin, Watkins would be a scary combo of weapons on offense. I still think they should go for a CB though. Dennard and Gilbert IMO are both a stretch at #10, but you probably can't trade back much and still expect to grab either of them. Ebron isn't worth a top 10 pick, at least not to me. Evans would be interesting if they would try to trade back into the late teens.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time the draft gets here you'll likely see 3-4 guys moving up into the consensus top 10. Many of these guys could "slip."

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe there are Lions fans on here that wouldn't want Watkins at #10. If you guys are lucky enough to have him fall into your lap, you have the potential to make Marshall-Jeffery the 2nd best WR combo in the North. Stafford, Bush, Calvin, Watkins would be a scary combo of weapons on offense. I still think they should go for a CB though. Dennard and Gilbert IMO are both a stretch at #10, but you probably can't trade back much and still expect to grab either of them. Ebron isn't worth a top 10 pick, at least not to me. Evans would be interesting if they would try to trade back into the late teens.

I don't like a TE with a top 10 pick.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot will depend on the combine but like last year when we saw a run on tackles it could happen again this year with Tackles and QBs.

Top 10 possible QBs - Bridgewater, Manziel, Carr, and Bortles

Top 10 Tackles - Matthews, Robinson, Lewan, and Koujidan

Funny no DT or DE outside of Clowney is getting any run yet and RB is the disposable position.

Trying to call it this far out is tough.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot will depend on the combine but like last year when we saw a run on tackles it could happen again this year with Tackles and QBs.

Top 10 possible QBs - Bridgewater, Manziel, Carr, and Bortles

Top 10 Tackles - Matthews, Robinson, Lewan, and Koujidan

Funny no DT or DE outside of Clowney is getting any run yet and RB is the disposable position.

Trying to call it this far out is tough.

I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but Lewan has a legit shot to be picked in the top 9 picks if Robinson and Matthews get picked early.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but Lewan has a legit shot to be picked in the top 9 picks if Robinson and Matthews get picked early.

I mentioned there's a tackle that could go top ten who I dont want. Meant that piece of shit Lewan.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why no love for Lewan?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, these are accusations so I won't say for sure he's guilty, but usually where there's smoke.......

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a piece of shit. Id take David Yankey later on though. If Meows dream of cutting RS comes true.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is possible that 3 QBs, 3 OLs and 3 LBs are the first 9 picks. Not likely, but possible.