• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Lions Draft Thread

Best Option for the Lions at #10

• Anthony Barr

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Best CB Available (Dennard or Gilbert)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen watkins insta grammed a picture of a lions jersey with his name and number 88 on it.......he better not take that number if the lions got lucky and got him.....the last 88 was mike williams who was drafted 10th overall....

I have always wanted defense the last so many drafts....but im hoping watkins or evans is the pick.....would love for dennard too, just because hes a spartan....but we need to keep up with the pack and bears offensively.....

Dream would be watkins drafted and verner signed
Evans and ward?
Dennard and james jones?

whatever we sign, a WR or DB....we wont draft with number 10... Or vice versa......unless watkins falls to 10 and we already signed a WR....hes too good to pass.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Evans will visit the Lions and Eagles
132186.jpg

Texas A&M WR Mike Evans told NFL.com that he has visits scheduled with the Lions and the Eagles.

The Lions could be a legitimate option for Evans' talent despite showing heavy interest in receivers during free agency. The Eagles are an interesting option, since they just signed Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin (albeit a one year deal), but he offers different traits than any other pass catcher on that team. He should be locked in to a top 15 selection.
Source: NFL.com
Mar 12 - 9:31 AM

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen watkins insta grammed a picture of a lions jersey with his name and number 88 on it.......he better not take that number if the lions got lucky and got him.....the last 88 was mike williams who was drafted 10th overall....

I have always wanted defense the last so many drafts....but im hoping watkins or evans is the pick.....would love for dennard too, just because hes a spartan....but we need to keep up with the pack and bears offensively.....

Dream would be watkins drafted and verner signed
Evans and ward?
Dennard and james jones?

whatever we sign, a WR or DB....we wont draft with number 10... Or vice versa......unless watkins falls to 10 and we already signed a WR....hes too good to pass.

If watkins falls to ten and the lions have signed tate already they have to trade down as the value of their pick would be incredibly high at that point.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If watkins falls to ten and the lions have signed tate already they have to trade down as the value of their pick would be incredibly high at that point.

This

Like the NYJets having two 3rd round picks (TB's 3rd round for Revis last year). I'd swap 1st, take their 2014 2nd round and their 2nd of 3rd round picks. Even if the Jets stupidly sign FA WR Decker, they have more need at WR than we do...

#18 Jets
#45 Lions
#49 Jets
#76 Lions
#80 Jets

A lot can be done with those picks

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It almost seems as if we are gonna have to draft Clinton-Dix in the 1st. Our need at CB isnt so big that we need to spend a 1st rd pick on it. And if we sign tate, then we may have to put off #3 receiver off until the middle rounds. Our biggest gaping holes right now are FS and TE

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there has been a lot of back and forth about the Lions' cap situation but I don't think the Tate deal precludes the Lions from signing a safety. I have to believe there is a substantial signing bonus and very little salary for '14.
I don't know who is still out there but you are correct in saying that safety is now the teams number 1 priority.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Lions got the easy part right. They bought their way out of one problem. Now for the more difficult task of evaluating untested talent. I am assuming the team has a few dollars left throw at the S position but can anyone tell us what the team's priorities are heading the draft?

If the past is any indication our priority is BPA not position.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still feel like all signs point to Dennard. As a unit, the corners collected only 2 INT all year last season...the Vikes, Bears and Pack are all loaded at WR. Dennard is the guy with an opportunity to match these big WR's in physicality 2+2 = 4.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the past is any indication our priority is BPA not position.

And need is factored into BPA. If the BPA is a QB, are the lions going to draft him? No. So again, what are thr priorities at number ten..understanding that need is part of the equation.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And need is factored into BPA. If the BPA is a QB, are the lions going to draft him? No. So again, what are thr priorities at number ten..understanding that need is part of the equation.
OK, I'm a simpleton so you need to explain this to me. I always thought that best player available meant just that. It sounds like now you are saying that BPA means best player available that we have rated on our board. Confused.
My wish list for the #10 pick goes in this order:
1) Mack
2) Clinton-Dix
3) Gilbert
4) Barr

If Mack is gone, Clinton-Dix should still be available. I would go CB with the 2nd Rd pick, maybe Roby (OSU) if he is still there.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I'm a simpleton so you need to explain this to me. I always thought that best player available meant just that. It sounds like now you are saying that BPA means best player available that we have rated on our board. Confused.
My wish list for the #10 pick goes in this order:
1) Mack
2) Clinton-Dix
3) Gilbert
4) Barr

If Mack is gone, Clinton-Dix should still be available. I would go CB with the 2nd Rd pick, maybe Roby (OSU) if he is still there.

Honestly I dont know the exact formula, wish I did..could tell you who they were drafting. I do know however that need is factored into how each team comes up with their BPA. Otherwise if BPA was based purely on talent, and that BPA was a Qb at the lioms pick, then the would be drafting a qb. Clearly theres more to it then that.

Anyhow I digress. I like all of those picks at ten.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the resigning of Bradon Pettigrew I think that our only dire need is the safety position, every other position seems to be decent. And if we do end up signing james ihedigbo then we can go into the draft thinking depth depth depth. Mostly on defense i'd suppose. We still need a #3 receiver, but I think that doesnt necessarily mean our #1 pick will be spent on a receiver. Personally I'd go CB, S, WR, C, DE, and LB in the draft.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe for your considerations or wants. However Mayhew seems to draft who he thinks is the best player available.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fucking way we are going to start the BPA discussion again right? The fucking horse is dead already.