• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Lions Draft Thread

Best Option for the Lions at #10

• Anthony Barr

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Best CB Available (Dennard or Gilbert)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all know who each of us wants in this draft, but who don't you want? Who would you be upset with if the Lions took them. I'd be very upset if they took an OT, even if one of the top OT's dropped to them. I'd honestly be happy with any of the other talked abt positions (LB, WR, CB, S). But Personally, i really want them to trade down, and take Dix.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all know who each of us wants in this draft, but who don't you want? Who would you be upset with if the Lions took them. I'd be very upset if they took an OT, even if one of the top OT's dropped to them. I'd honestly be happy with any of the other talked abt positions (LB, WR, CB, S). But Personally, i really want them to trade down, and take Dix.

To be honest, I wouldn't even be terribly upset if they took Dix at #10.

As for who i wouldn't want.. at #10. Calvin Pryor. Reminds me of Delmas (Pre-injuries). Deone Bucannon is a similar player who could be there at pick #45.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This sounds to be a new thread starter here Magic...

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much depends on when/if Suh gets a new deal it is tough to project where the Lions are headed.

Best case scenario is they get a deal done and get around $7MM in cap relief. This would give the teams the $$$ to sign Ihedigbo, Sanchez/Hill, draft Dix, and hopefully be able to afford another option at CB.

Anybody know what the expected cap hit will be from the rookie salary cap?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much depends on when/if Suh gets a new deal it is tough to project where the Lions are headed.

Best case scenario is they get a deal done and get around $7MM in cap relief. This would give the teams the $$$ to sign Ihedigbo, Sanchez/Hill, draft Dix, and hopefully be able to afford another option at CB.

Anybody know what the expected cap hit will be from the rookie salary cap?

I keep seeing people posting about 6mill to sign all rookies from draft, if that helps.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a DT is in fact an option after the Lions have decided against extending Fairley.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions got two compensatory picks, both in the fourth round. 133rd and 136th overall selections. Now we have 8 selections. 3 in the 4th, none in the 5th

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! If we draft anything like we did last year that should mean two contributing players.

We should use one of those two to take the best kicker available...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a DT is in fact an option after the Lions have decided against extending Fairley.

I'd be tickled pink if we signed that Donald kid and traded Fairley.

I don't mind Fairley, but I don't trust him to be consistent for us, either, and it sounds like this other kid is the polar opposite- completely a work-a-haulic.

Trade Fairley for a 3rd this year and a 4th next year and grab Donald at #10...

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not trade Fairley for a 3rd and 4th.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not trade Fairley for a 3rd and 4th.

I would. We didn't pick up his option, so it's either the franchise tag for over $9 million in 2015, or Fairley is a goner after this year. Might as well re-coup some value for him.

Imo it was a mistake declining his 2015 option for a relatively low $5.5 million. Having him under team control for two more full seasons makes far more sense to me than letting him test free agency next season. Someone will pay him more than he's worth, imo, leaving us with nothing to show for the #13 pick just four years prior...

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the move is intended to motivate fairley. Time to shit or get off the pot.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for WR fanatics - the Lions have shown Mike Evans zero attention this off season, and have no plans to meet with him for a private workout. This falls in line with their recent history of drafting guys they made no contact with during the off season (Reiff, Ansah etc ...)

The Lions don’t have a private workout nor meeting scheduled with Evans during their trip to College Station, and Mayhew didn’t have any interest in sharing his thoughts on Evans as a prospect during lunch with beat reporters at the NFL owners meetings this week.

“If you answer Mike Evans, you’re going to ask me about 330 other guys, right?” Mayhew said. “I’m not going to comment on the guys that are on the board right now, you know what I mean? They’re all on somebody’s board right now.”

Maybe Millenhew really will draft another WR at 10.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They Lions could very well still draft a receiver at 10 if they feel he is the best player available for them. Also there is no Millenhew employed with the Lions. You should try learning the team before commenting on them.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think the Lions grab a C in this draft? And if so, who and what round? I gotta believe that finding Dom's eventual replacement is key this off season.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think the Lions grab a C in this draft? And if so, who and what round? I gotta believe that finding Dom's eventual replacement is key this off season.

I really don't want to see one taken until fourth rd. Stork could or should be available.( not big on him )...

Do agree it should be done this draft and not next year. Reading about guys who project as late round kids are scary. (4th-7th)They all have knocks on blocking assignment grades.

Richburg and Larsen are guys I want. Being that I want CB and S then WR with first 3 picks. I would run to podium with pick in 4th if available. Doubt they are there. Double edge sword for me wanting a C, yet putting a 3rd WR ahead of him. I do not feel the sky is falling when the Lions do things wrong. So if C is before a WR. STill a fan come May 11th.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like C is one of the hardest positions to fill in the NFL. No wonder Ravioli has been around for 20 years.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like C is one of the hardest positions to fill in the NFL. No wonder Ravioli has been around for 20 years.

THIS

it's difficult to find really good ones who actually pan out. QB of the OL.

I wanted ex-wisky C Fredrickson last year in the 2nd round until Jerry Jones selected him at #31 overall.

There were several reports out on walter or rotoworld that Larsen and Richberg both had difficulty maintaining weight in college. Stork has allegedly had 1 significant concussion and another that wasn't said to be as bad.

USC's Marcus Martin started as a freshman at OG for 2 years before moving over to OC this past year. He might be one to watch out for should he still be available in the 3rd round (highly doubt it though). 6' 3" 320 lbs, better as a run blocker than a pass blocker at this point but is a mauler and gets to the second level.