• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Nuraman Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have I always said? WHAT HAVE I ALWAYS SAID?!!! Since before I was born?

NO SHOOTING THE BALL, JOHN LUCAS III!!!

We don't need you to EVER take a shot.

You screwed it up for us all! 4 shots in 5 minutes? Make two of them, take none of them, make one and don't take more than 2.

He's learned nothing of what I've taught him. No assists? You have officially replaced Marvin Williams as my least favorite Jazz man. Just kidding, Marvin has always been above the least.

Denver Nuggets vs. Utah Jazz - Box Score

John Lucas lost the game for the Jazz. The Jazz and Spurs were trading baskets before a timeout. He comes in and throws a lazy pass that it stolen. The Jazz were good at transition defense so they didn't score and the Jazz later got the lead, but still, darn John Lucas III. That play was going to be the start of a 54-24 run. Instead, pfffft. The win was going to be the start of a 40-4 stretch to make the playoffs. From there, a sweep of a 65% shooting LeBron James. Then, I would have considered saying that phrase Nuraman so desperately wants to hear.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been a game in which every player on one team had 4+ assists?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Antonio Spurs News, Scores, Stats & Analysis ? Spurs Nation » Spurs 122, Cleveland 101: Fancy passing

Summing it up

The Spurs (44-16) have been exemplars of team play for years, but Tuesday’s game in Cleveland just might have been the apex. With a season-high 39 assists on 43 baskets, they registered the seventh-best percentage in NBA history at 90.7. All 13 Spurs who played had at least one assist — an NBA record — and eight had at least three as the team overcame a horrendous first quarter to score 109 points on 55-percent shooting over the final three.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Antonio Spurs News, Scores, Stats & Analysis ? Spurs Nation » Spurs 122, Cleveland 101: Fancy passing

Summing it up

The Spurs (44-16) have been exemplars of team play for years, but Tuesday’s game in Cleveland just might have been the apex. With a season-high 39 assists on 43 baskets, they registered the seventh-best percentage in NBA history at 90.7. All 13 Spurs who played had at least one assist — an NBA record — and eight had at least three as the team overcame a horrendous first quarter to score 109 points on 55-percent shooting over the final three.

How can 13 players get an assist when the limit for players on a team (active) is 12. Did they increase the limit recently unbeknownst to me? If so, I disapprove. 12 is the right number.

Oh, and good job assisters!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I thought my Bobcats post was in this thread, but it must have been in a different thread. Let me repost it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daily Dime - ESPN

That was ... helpful. The Bobcats finished with an absurd 42 assists on 45 made baskets (a 93 percent assist rate). They were lead by Josh McRoberts, who dished out 13 helpers from the power forward position.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can 13 players get an assist when the limit for players on a team (active) is 12. Did they increase the limit recently unbeknownst to me? If so, I disapprove. 12 is the right number.

Good question. Apparently teams can have 13 on the active roster:

++++++++++++++++++

78. What roster size limits exist? What is the Inactive List? What is Injured Reserve? Do any other such lists exist?

An NBA team can have a maximum of 15 players on its roster during a season (and up to 20 during the offseason). A team may have 12 or 13 players on its active roster, although it can drop to 11 for up to two weeks at a time. They must suit-up at least eight players for every game. Any remaining players must be on the team's Inactive List, and are ineligible to play in games. A minimum of zero players (if the team has 13 active players) or one (if the team has 12 active players) must be on the team's Inactive List, although a team with 12 active players can drop to zero for up to two weeks at a time.

Teams can temporarily have four players on their Inactive List (bringing their roster size to 16) with league approval in the event of a hardship. A hardship can be deemed to occur when the team has four players who are sick or injured and have missed at least three games, and will continue to be unable to play.

The composition of the Inactive List can change on a game-by-game basis -- no less than 60 minutes prior to tipoff, the team must present to the official scorer a list of the players who will be active for that game. A player can be inactive for as little as one game. While individual teams are only required to carry a minimum of 13 players, (12 active and one inactive), the NBA also guarantees a league-wide average of at least 14 players per team. The league is surcharged if they do not meet this obligation.

In addition to the Active and Inactive Lists, the following lists exist:

Suspended List: Any player who is suspended by his team for four or more games may be transferred to the team's Suspended List following the third game of his suspension (and may be placed on the team's Active List or Inactive List for the first three game). Any player who is suspended by the league for six or more games may be transferred to the team's Suspended List following the fifth game of his suspension (and must remain on the team's Active List for the first five games).
NBA Draft List: The NBA Draft List contains the players with whom the team holds exclusive negotiating rights.
Voluntarily Retired List: A player who wishes to retire while under contract may be placed on his team's Voluntarily Retired List if both the team and player agree. Such players cannot return to active status for one year without the unanimous consent of the NBA Board of Governors (see question number 62), and cannot be traded. By utilizing the Voluntarily Retired List rather than agreeing to a buyout (see question number 66), the team is left with some ongoing rights -- for example, the player is not able to sign with another team.

Injured Reserve is the former name of the Inactive List. It was originally intended for players who were injured and unable to play, however teams often used it as a convenient place to stash extra players. While a medical reason was required for players to be put on Injured Reserve, the league did not insist on an independent physician confirming the diagnosis. Thus it was common for a seemingly healthy player to suddenly develop "back spasms" right before rosters were cut to 12 players, and spend the entire season on Injured Reserve as a result. With the 1995 CBA they gave up the ghost, dropped the medical requirement, and changed the designation to "Inactive List." (The cynic will note that marginal NBA players seem to have a lot fewer back spasms nowadays.)

Players assigned to the NBA Developmental League (see question number 80) are automatically placed on their team's Inactive List.

Great post.
29biu1h.jpg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, but I still don't understand how 13 can play in one game. No one was injured and not enough foiled out, if any.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, but I still don't understand how 13 can play in one game. No one was injured and not enough foiled out, if any.

From the FAQ:

+++++++++++

A team may have 12 or 13 players on its active roster, although it can drop to 11 for up to two weeks at a time.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the FAQ:

+++++++++++

A team may have 12 or 13 players on its active roster, although it can drop to 11 for up to two weeks at a time.

The bold big font doesn't help because my confusion isn't over it being allowed or not. It is. I just don't understand how they can. :) It reads like an exception for logical reasons. This is illogical. How can they all play? It should be like how the Lakers were able to play with a player with 6 fouls who got a technical for each subsequent foul.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebronshotchartevolution.gif

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold big font doesn't help because my confusion isn't over it being allowed or not. It is. I just don't understand how they can. :) It reads like an exception for logical reasons. This is illogical. How can they all play? It should be like how the Lakers were able to play with a player with 6 fouls who got a technical for each subsequent foul.

They just keep substituting players in off the bench that are on the active roster, and at some point they will have used all 13 active players. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just keep substituting players in off the bench that are on the active roster, and at some point they will have used all 13 active players. ;)

Woman to the man: how could you say such a thing
Man: with my mouth and lips.
Nuraman: Predictable joke.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woman to the man: how could you say such a thing
Man: with my mouth and lips.
Nuraman: Predictable joke.

Other than your desire to make font bold, it sounds like you think I'm boring and not fun to chat with.

No wonder you haven't posted in a live game thread since February-March 2013, and even that required special circumstances during that 3-4 week period.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm really liking this post. This is my new favorite post by you. I can feel your energy and sincerity behind that post.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few hours ago, someone called me from a xxx-xxx-xxxx number, in which most of the digits matched MY number. So 9/10 of the digits matched my number, including all 7 of the of the local number, and 2/3 of the area code, in order.

He was looking for a "James". Even more strange, he said "Hey James, it's James".

I told him wrong number.

What's confusing me is that I wonder what digit he misdialed. And it seems like more than a coincidence that the number he was calling from, was mine, including 2/3 of the area code. Let's flip it around, and say I was calling him. Then, I could see how I could have misdialed, since his number was off by 1 in the area code.

But me, being the recipient, how can someone be calling me from a number that matches that closely, my own number, yet have it be an accident? What are the odds of someone ever calling another number in which 9/10 of the numbers were the same, in the same order?

It would be even more rare then running into someone with 6 of the 7 letters being the same, in the same order, for one's license plate.

And add to that, the caller was looking for a recipient with the same name? (The caller was apparently "James", and he was looking for a "James". Thankfully I'm not a "James".)

I know, if I was quicker on my feet, I would have asked him what number he was looking for, or what James, the recipient's last name was. But it was early in the morning, and didn't sound like he was looking for me, and I just wanted to hang up.

Something smells funny.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The phone number for my OB/GYN has all the exact same numbers as my wife's phone number. The three numbers in between were in the reverse order. The last were turned inside out: 1 (LMN) XYZ-ABBA (wife) vs. 1 (LMN) ZYX-BAAB (OBGYN). I told them that, but they either didn't understand or weren't too impressed.

I had a scammer call my phone when I was at USC. I gave him a false name, false bank, false credit card type, false address, and false bank account number. He said that he saw all of those on his system but he needed the Social Security number for identification. So I gave him fake Social Security number. He thanked me and said that everything was looking alright and hung up. I wonder how far he tried using those numbers and information before he realized that it was totally fake; he probably was excited when I was giving all the information, thinking that I was such a gullible idiot.

I wasn't worried about security because it was a dorm phone number that he called me on, not my personal phone number. I probably shouldn't have wasted my time with all that. Nowadays, I wouldn't do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The phone number for my OB/GYN has all the exact same numbers as my wife's phone number. The three numbers in between were in the reverse order. The last were turned inside out: 1 (LMN) XYZ-ABBA (wife) vs. 1 (LMN) ZYX-BAAB (OBGYN). I told them that, but they either didn't understand or work to impressed.

I had a scammer call my phone when I was at USC. I gave him a false name, false bank, false credit card type, false address, and false bank account number. He said that he saw all of those on his system but he needed the Social Security number for identification. So I gave him fake Social Security number. He thanked me and said that everything was looking alright and hung up. I wonder how far he tried using those numbers and information before he realized that it was totally fake; he probably was excited when I was giving all the information, thinking that I was such a gullible idiot.

I wasn't worried about security because it was a dorm phone number that he called me on, not my personal phone number. I probably shouldn't have wasted my time with all that. Nowadays, I wouldn't do that.

Hmm, thanks for providing an example of two phone numbers being very close, with the OBGYN and your wife's number.

One time, a spammer/scammer called me and thanked me for making my magazine payments. I asked him, "What magazine payments"? (I actually had a few magazines I was subscribed to, but it was on a free subscripton period).

He said, "You know, the payments". When I kept asking him what payments, and what magazines, he just repeated it.

He then said he had some information to mail me. He asked for my address, and I started to give it to him, but then when he asked for my phone number, I stopped. He should have known my phone number if he had called me on it (and not used some auto-dialer or something). It also sounded odd that there was cheering in the background as I started to give my address. (I don't think I had given my name yet).

So finally, he said "If you can't understand what I'm trying to give you, then it's ok". And we ended it there.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a Nuraman moment. I was watching a cartoon television show with my daughter and they had the character stand on a scale to be weighed. When he got off the scale the lever wasn't level. So obviously the scale was not calibrated. That sounded like something that Nuraman would notice.