• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The New York Mets.....

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh...no. Because the Mets are not the Dodgers. Newk got the first 2 he faced out easily last night.

Dodgers are our father

Those first two batters he got out were with bases empty. When there's a runner on first base, he's prone to meltdowns, as evidenced by the numbers I showed earlier.

Newcomb is one of the last guys you want on the mound with runners on, so why would you say it was a bad move to take him out with runners on? Because you don't want to give the Mets any credit because you're biased?

Last edited:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those first two batters he got out were with bases empty. When there's a runner on first base, he's prone to meltdowns, as evidenced by the numbers I showed earlier.

Newcomb is one of the last guys you want on the mound with runners on, so why would you say it was a bad move to take him out with runners on? Because you don't want to give the Mets any credit because you're biased?

Give the Mets credit? The Braves won the God damn game you're talking about. Seems to me you're biased and don't want to give the Braves credit for winning a series against the Mets.

"They beat themselves."

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the Mets credit? The Braves won the God damn game you're talking about. Seems to me you're biased and don't want to give the Braves credit for winning a series against the Mets.

"They beat themselves."

dude makes the most boring arguments on the entire board

it's a yawnfest

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"They beat themselves."

So was it not a horrendous move by Calloway? Your buddy Mistaken seems to think taking out a struggling Newcomb was the equivalent of taking Matz out, but I'm the biased one apparently.

Braves took advantage of a bad move, which is what good teams often do (see, I gave the Braves credit). Doesn't mean it wasn't a bad move.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was it not a horrendous move by Calloway? Your buddy Mistaken seems to think taking out a struggling Newcomb was the equivalent of taking Matz out, but I'm the biased one apparently.

Braves took advantage of a bad move, which is what good teams often do (see, I gave the Braves credit). Doesn't mean it wasn't a bad move.

It was a questionable move, but at the same time, the Mets pen had been doing a lot better of late, and Matz's prior two starts against the Braves weren't great, and I can see a manager wanting to take a pitcher out while he's got confidence against a lineup that had given him trouble his previous two outings against them.

You tried to diminish a win.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a questionable move, but at the same time, the Mets pen had been doing a lot better of late, and Matz's prior two starts against the Braves weren't great, and I can see a manager wanting to take a pitcher out while he's got confidence against a lineup that had given him trouble his previous two outings against them.

You tried to diminish a win.

His prior two starts vs the Braves didn't seem to matter when he was cruising like he was. You always go with the hot hand, which Matz was (not only that game, but the weeks before), unless that reliever is Mo Rivera or someone like that.

It made zero sense to have him bat at the top of the inning then take him out.... And like I said, good teams often really advantage of bad moves, which is what the Braves did.

Last edited:

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 games

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta go with Soroka right now....his 191 ERA+ isn't just historically great by rookie standards, but MLB history standards.

The thing about that is....even if Soroka wasn't on the team, the braves would still very more than likely be in 1st place or real close to it in the NL east.

On the other hand....The Mets w/o Alonso wouldn't even be in the playoff hunt convo right now. Plus, he's in the lineup and playing every day...not every 5th day.

I'm sure Soroka will get a nice chunk of votes though...but he'll finish in 2nd place for the ROY.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about that is....even if Soroka wasn't on the team, the braves would still very more than likely be in 1st place or real close to it in the NL east.

On the other hand....The Mets w/o Alonso wouldn't even be in the playoff hunt convo right now. Plus, he's in the lineup and playing every day...not every 5th day.

I'm sure Soroka will get a nice chunk of votes though...but he'll finish in 2nd place for the ROY.

But it's not MVP voting, it's for the best rookie...team standing shouldn't matter.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that...tell it to the voting committee. (BBWAA)

Players on top teams win ROY quite often.

Shoot, Acuna won last year when the Braves easily made the playoffs (won the division by 8 games). And the year before that, Bellinger won ROY on a Dodgers team that won 104 games...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daddy's coming to town this weekend, don't worry.
folty/degrom
fried/wheeler
keuchel/matz

should be fun Braves 1-4 better bring their good bats:suds: