• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alonso Done with Mets?

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to say Dodgers 4, Yankees 2

That's going to be much tougher than what the Dodgers have had to face so far imo

It depends a lot of what version of Cole we get, and to a lesser extent, what version of Rodon.

Yankees were also the best road team in baseball, but not as dominant at home as they have been in previous years.

Much like the election, it's a toss up

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen the Dodgers look like the best team on the planet until the playoffs to think it's a guaranteed or a slam dunk. It's going to come down to who does the best pitching if they can slow down the hits -For Me , in reference to the NYM - They was a wild card and went well beyond expectations - I wouldn't be dumping anyone so quick - I am still angry at the Lakers - giving up to quick on younger players - They could have a much better team with less trading and we already know they will be lucky to make the playoffs if anything
dodgers have gotten this far cause of their bullpen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come to Cleveland. Ohh wait...Dolan is too cheap

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,205.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

The Dodgers pitching, especially the starting pitching, has been decimated by injuries. They basically have 3 starting quality pitchers (Buehler, Yamamoto and Flaherty) and 2 of them (Buehler and Yamamoto) are coming back from injuries. Buehler finally looked like Buehler in his last start, but he only pitched 4 innings.

Heck, they've had 3 "bullpen games" in the 2 series (and will likely have 2 more if this series goes past 5 games) and you can almost call Buehler's starts bullpen games because they were less than 5 innings. You're not throwing "bullpen games" in the playoffs if your pitching is in good shape.

They made the World Series because, while it hasn't necessarily been great, the pitching has held up better than could be expected and they have been hitting and scoring runs at a historic pace (in the NLCS they set the MLB record for runs scored in a single series).
Accurate,

As usual.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 895,000.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope they decide to re-sign him. Would be a shame to see him go somewhere else and then kill the mets every time they play. I know he loves it here and he's a great community/clubhouse guy, would be a real shame to lose him for more reasons than just his talent.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 895,000.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accurate,

As usual.
The Mets offense took a week off, as well. They should have eaten Dodgers pitching up. To have been shut out twice was pretty bad, but then the Mets pitching, which had been among the best in the league, couldn't get any Dodgers out when they needed to. Too many walks, too many extra outs allowed.

It was an incredible series for LA, all around. And after they were almost eliminated by the Padres.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,205.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets offense took a week off, as well. They should have eaten Dodgers pitching up. To have been shut out twice was pretty bad, but then the Mets pitching, which had been among the best in the league, couldn't get any Dodgers out when they needed to. Too many walks, too many extra outs allowed.

It was an incredible series for LA, all around. And after they were almost eliminated by the Padres.
The Mets had me a little nervous....not going to lie.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come here varsity blues GIF
So, 45% of the game is mental, with 55% unknown. Pretty easy math.