• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new footy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That locker room picture just hurts my heart.

Prayers to the families of the dead. So sad.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plus side, some other clubs are doing their best to be charitable and help Chape out. A group including some of the biggest teams in Brazil have offered to stock the first team with loan players free of charge, they have also requested that the Brazilian Serie A exempt the club from relegation for 3 years to allow them to get their shit back together after this nightmare.

Atletico Nacional have also asked that Chapo be awarded the Copa Sudamericana, and the CBF has asked that both teams be named winners so as to ensure Nacional are not unfairly punished by missing out on the Copa Libertadores next season (like with the Europa League winner, the Copa Sud winner gets automatic qualification to South America's Champions League equivalent).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some more horrifying news, there's a full blown children sex scandal unfolding in England among youth coaches and scouts and youth players.

There's a long list at this point of active police investigations and clubs involved but one that seems particularly bad is this case of Chelsea having paid off someone three years ago after they alleged their chief scout in the 70s sexually abused him.

Exclusive: Chelsea made secret payment to player in child sex abuse claim

Particularly because only now are they actively investigating this instead of when they first heard it 3 years ago (at least).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing gesture from Nacional on the night the game was to be played. Stadium filled and apparently 100,000 (it looks like it) on the streets outside showing their support for Chape.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

after hearing this ... the entire Jays team immediately broke into the TFC lockerroom and ...
jays2_1280.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sure had no problem lifting that dinky little vase in the air and parading it around the field in the rain last night.

Speaking of the rain, thank god for the covered seating. We were in the west stand and I noticed that the players' benches weren't covered dugouts like they are in most soccer stadiums. They just poured $120 mil into renos on the stadium and they seriously couldn't build dugouts?? The coaches and subs must've been freezing with the rain and the chilly (but not freezing yet) temps. Can only imagine what it'll be like in mid-December when they play the final.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a related note, I sincerely hope the referee for the final isn't half as clueless as the guy they had out there last night. That shit was up there with Italy-Korea 02 and Portugal-Netherlands 06.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a related note, I sincerely hope the referee for the final isn't half as clueless as the guy they had out there last night. That shit was up there with Italy-Korea 02 and Portugal-Netherlands 06.

I didnt watch much but i saw the Altidore smash up with Bernardello that went without a card ... something else heinous happen?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt watch much but i saw the Altidore smash up with Bernardello that went without a card ... something else heinous happen?
At least one clear-cut penalty wasn't called, there was one pretty bad tackle from behind on a MTL guy and 3 or 4 on Toronto guys that either went uncalled or a yellow wasn't issued, one instance where Seba was sent forward and play was called back for a foul on TFC in their own half rather than advantage played.

I didn't think it was biased or anything, it just had more things not going Toronto's way because they were the team in control for most of the game. The keeping the yellow card in his pocket really didn't make sense. He was calling fouls that were obviously dangerous as hell but not penalising the guys committing them thus allowing them to continue being reckless. Given the conditions it's kinda amazing nobody was seriously hurt.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least one clear-cut penalty wasn't called, there was one pretty bad tackle from behind on a MTL guy and 3 or 4 on Toronto guys that either went uncalled or a yellow wasn't issued, one instance where Seba was sent forward and play was called back for a foul on TFC in their own half rather than advantage played.

I didn't think it was biased or anything, it just had more things not going Toronto's way because they were the team in control for most of the game. The keeping the yellow card in his pocket really didn't make sense. He was calling fouls that were obviously dangerous as hell but not penalising the guys committing them thus allowing them to continue being reckless. Given the conditions it's kinda amazing nobody was seriously hurt.

ok sounds like just regular shitty mls reffing to me then ... Toronto won so I dont think a comparison to Italy Korea is apt :noidea:

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for a Norwegian ref for the final - they usually bring it

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my favorite part of last nights SAWKER game was when TFC coach Greg Vanney called it "overtime" in the post game lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok sounds like just regular shitty mls reffing to me then ... Toronto won so I dont think a comparison to Italy Korea or netherlands/Portugal is apt :noidea:
Regular or not, it's hard to watch. There are a lot of people who do take this league and team seriously and had the end result been different there would've been a lot of questions needing answering.

Status
Not open for further replies.