• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear you gotta go through surgery.

I broke my fibula in two places in a motorcycle crash three months ago and I'm still fucked. I was given a choice and opted to not do surgery and let it heal in due time on it's own . Finally got my cast off last week but am still on crutches. Hoping I'm told soon that I can get back to walking but I'm told even after that it'll be a while before I can go full throttle.

I'm an avid hiker and martial artist and I also play a lot of baseball and football with my kid so the past three months have been a serious buzz kill.

I wish you the best. Getting laid up by an injury that's healing reminds you to enjoy the good times and take care of yourself.
Get well soon!
I was into MMA years ago. Funny, I was just thinking about that this morning.
Xrays revealed 2 old vertabrae fractures.

You probably know I raced Motocross professionally. I was extremely fast - which translates to hitting the dirt a lot.
Broke a lot of bones. Wonder I need surgery now instead of a pine box!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get well soon!
I was into MMA years ago. Funny, I was just thinking about that this morning.
Xrays revealed 2 old vertabrae fractures.

You probably know I raced Motocross professionally. I was extremely fast - which translates to hitting the dirt a lot.
Broke a lot of bones. Wonder I need surgery now instead of a pine box!
I stayed away from motorcycles because it was so easy to go fast. My first time on a bike I was intentionally holding back and going slow when I looked down to see the needle swing past 95, I knew I would be fucked once I got comfortable and ready to let loose. I would have been doing 150 on my way to pick up milk that I probably didn't need.

I had enough skiing wipeouts at 70+ mph I didn't need to add a Honda Interceptor or Kawasaki Ninja to the mix. My 5.0 was already clocking 140 on a regular basis on the Vermont back roads.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stayed away from motorcycles because it was so easy to go fast. My first time on a bike I was intentionally holding back and going slow when I looked down to see the needle swing past 95, I knew I would be fucked once I got comfortable and ready to let loose. I would have been doing 150 on my way to pick up milk that I probably didn't need.

I had enough skiing wipeouts at 70+ mph I didn't need to add a Honda Interceptor or Kawasaki Ninja to the mix. My 5.0 was already clocking 140 on a regular basis on the Vermont back roads.

My bike(Kawasaki Versys 650) maxes out at 128 MPH. If there isn't traffic I very seldom go under 100 and am usually up in 120 + range. There was heavy traffic the night of my crash so in a way thank God for L.A. traffic. Going fast is fun.

That said, I'm 53 with a sweet wife and a 10 year old who's a good boy.

Since I can't slow down I'm considering selling the bike and trying to stay alive to enjoy. Undecided but leaning in that direction.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bike(Kawasaki Versys 650) maxes out at 128 MPH. If there isn't traffic I very seldom go under 100 and am usually up in 120 + range. There was heavy traffic the night of my crash so in a way thank God for L.A. traffic. Going fast is fun.

Since I can't slow down I'm considering selling the bike and trying to stay alive to enjoy. Undecided but leaning in that direction.
That sweet wife can be some one elses sweet wife if you die. She'd mourn but move on.

That boy cannot replace a dad with just the next guy. It would hurt him forever.
Whether it's football/baseball/band recital/art shows just good grades, your presence, guidance and approval is their world.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Police politely suggested that I sell my streetbike. I concurred

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know what to do.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping I'm told soon that I can get back to walking but I'm told even after that it'll be a while before I can go full throttle.
Get a walker!!!!!!!!

You'll be walking on your own ten times faster.

You lean on the walker, but you walk and us the walker for support. You'll build up the muscles and walk much more normally than using sticks. You'd be better off using two canes.

Crutches are a royal pain in the ass.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get a walker!!!!!!!!

You'll be walking on your own ten times faster.

You lean on the walker, but you walk and us the walker for support. You'll build up the muscles and walk much more normally than using sticks. You'd be better off using two canes.

Crutches are a royal pain in the ass.

Fuck it. I've been on crutches for three months. A few more weeks won't kill me.

My arms have gotten significantly bigger.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sweet wife can be some one elses sweet wife if you die. She'd mourn but move on.

That boy cannot replace a dad with just the next guy. It would hurt him forever.
Whether it's football/baseball/band recital/art shows just good grades, your presence, guidance and approval is their world.

I could take care of the wife for you….Be a good father figure too. You go Speed Racer!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it. I've been on crutches for three months. A few more weeks won't kill me.

My arms have gotten significantly bigger.
Seriously, your insurance will pay for it and I swear that you will walk faster and better the minute you get behind it.

I gave mine to an 87 year old woman who lived across the street from me in New Hampshire. I wish I still had it. She's 89 now and doesn't need it all of the time but uses it every time she leaves her house. When I need it more, I'll get one from the VA and an electric buggy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 years ago tonight, a friend called me and asked if I wanted to go to a Christmas party at friend's who work at the Post Office with him.
"A Christmas Party on Christmas Eve?" He said, "Yeah. He asked me today after work. I don't want to go by myself."

I agreed.

At roughly 7:30 pm we knocked on the door.

It was a family Christmas Party. I knew him, his wife and his wife's oldest sister Babs. Babs and I had been friends from the 8th grade. I hadn't seen any of them in more than 5 years, since I had spent four of them in Vietnam. Two other sisters that I'd never met were there. Babs wet after my friend who was Tom Selleck's twin by different mothers and the other sister picked up the leftovers. Me.

That sister is sitting in my living room, still with the leftovers. We will be married for 50 years in November of 2024.

Best Christmas party of my life.

Here's the funny part. The sister who was married to the Post Office guy who invited my friend just moved down the street from me and my wife and was here this afternoon and will be here all day tomorrow.

A very emotional Christmas Eve.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter asked me "where did I get covid?"
At the hospital. Great place to get sick!
My daughter in law also has covid. She's a nurse and yes, she works ar a hospital.....

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter asked me "where did I get covid?"
At the hospital. Great place to get sick!
My daughter in law also has covid. She's a nurse and yes, she works ar a hospital.....

Your daughter in law is a nurse….. who works at a hospital????? What a freaky coincidence!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My grandson's girlfriend is a phlebotomist. On Tuesday she tested positive for Covid as did my grandson and their 2 year-old daughter.
No better place to catch something than a hospital.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bragging Time..........................

My 11-year-old grandson, "T" plays AAU and Independent football. He just finished playing in the South Regional Championships in Atlanta and his team won the Regional Championship. He plays TE, DE and place kicks.

Yesterday he was notified that he's been selected to play in the U.S. National 8th Grade East-West Diamond Bowl in Arizona next January (2025).
He's in the 7th grade now and they have to notify the kids a year early so they can keep the date open and make all of the family arrangements.
He's not quite the all around athlete that his half brother was, but he sure making his grandfather proud.

T is 11 years. 6'2" 195 lbs and still growing. He's lives in Mertyl Beach and has been contacted by private high schools as far away as Compton, Calif. I suggestd that he stay home and attend a private school locally that has offered him a full ride.

Anyone ever had to deal with high schools that recruit athletics?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bragging Time..........................

My 11-year-old grandson, "T" plays AAU and Independent football. He just finished playing in the South Regional Championships in Atlanta and his team won the Regional Championship. He plays TE, DE and place kicks.

Yesterday he was notified that he's been selected to play in the U.S. National 8th Grade East-West Diamond Bowl in Arizona next January (2025).
He's in the 7th grade now and they have to notify the kids a year early so they can keep the date open and make all of the family arrangements.
He's not quite the all around athlete that his half brother was, but he sure making his grandfather proud.

T is 11 years. 6'2" 195 lbs and still growing. He's lives in Mertyl Beach and has been contacted by private high schools as far away as Compton, Calif. I suggestd that he stay home and attend a private school locally that has offered him a full ride.

Anyone ever had to deal with high schools that recruit athletics?
I was recruited by high schools - for track! of all things.
My long jump was 2 feet off the college record without training.
I was the only one in my school that could do the pole vault.

There were a few problems however.
1) My pole vault was about 6 feet less than the black kids in LA
2) I was already a license carrying professional athlete which disqualified me.
3) I also asked the coach if he really wanted me on his team? He said, "no"
Did not stop me from getting offers around the state.....