• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly. The groat is like a fat piece of rice. That is sliced into several pieces for steel cut oats or cut, steamed, and rolled flat for rolled oats. The taste is similar but the texture is more like whole grain rice with that chewiness that isn't in white or standard brown rice.

The “Groat”??? Is that really a word/thing? Sounds naughty/dirty to me.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was running a tad late this morning, clean up from the Pats, post game victory. Stooped into Wal-Marx to grab some Oatmeal cups and frozed blueberries and this happened. Not only do we have to ring up and bag our own groceries, the frozen fruits and veggies at my local store were place in the freezers in the actual cases. The cases were cut open at least the display one was. What the wholly hell are we to stock the shelves now?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was running a tad late this morning, clean up from the Pats, post game victory. Stooped into Wal-Marx to grab some Oatmeal cups and frozed blueberries and this happened. Not only do we have to ring up and bag our own groceries, the frozen fruits and veggies at my local store were place in the freezers in the actual cases. The cases were cut open at least the display one was. What the wholly hell are we to stock the shelves now?
Add to it the selective facts justifying it or vilifying it. Self service is supposed to be more efficient and keep prices down, but self service allows an increased amount of "shrinkage". The two are never reported together. Is it better for self checkout and other self-services, or worse? I guess it depends on the desired narrative. Profits are down - blame unmanaged shoppers taking advantage. Lack of "shopping support" - it's part of efficiency model to save you money. It sounds more like a complete lack of management planning through oversight.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Self checkouts will be scrapped at Walmart, Costco, and Wegmans​

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn't there magnetic screw tips for the eyeglass repair kits?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Self checkouts will be scrapped at Walmart, Costco, and Wegmans​

Hell Yeah Yes GIF by IFHT Films

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add to it the selective facts justifying it or vilifying it. Self service is supposed to be more efficient and keep prices down, but self service allows an increased amount of "shrinkage". The two are never reported together. Is it better for self checkout and other self-services, or worse? I guess it depends on the desired narrative. Profits are down - blame unmanaged shoppers taking advantage. Lack of "shopping support" - it's part of efficiency model to save you money. It sounds more like a complete lack of management planning through oversight.
"shrinkage" has nothing to do with checkout or theft.

My wife was a manager for Shaw's Supermarkets for over 20 years. Shrinkage is damaged product. Spoilage of fresh product, loss of the ends of rolls ofdeli meats and similar. Department managers were required to keep shrinkage under 1%. Chains stopped payingfor every loaf of bread to be changed out on the shelves every other day, so bread companies started putting additives into the mix to allow bread to sit on the shelf for a week. If your close to my age you can remember how fresh bread in a grocery store used to be before the bakeries started adding gum and other chemicals.

When a chain anticipates 20% in losses due to theft, that's not shrinkage. That's poor management. laying off 40% of the chain cashiers to save money and thinking self checkiouts are the greatest thing was stupid to start. People go to self checkout with three bags of candy and a 48" 4K HD TV and scan two bags of candy and walk out. Have 10,000 people walk out without paying for half of the items and then wonder why profits have dropped? At BJs they always had a person at the exit to count the items in your cart and the number of items on your receipt. If they didn't match, security would check to see what wasn't on the receipt. Think that 60 year old woman in a wheelchair is going to demand that a 6'7" 300 Lb. man stop and let her check his receipt?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My wife was a manager for Shaw's Supermarkets for over 20 years. Shrinkage is damaged product. Spoilage of fresh product, loss of the ends of rolls ofdeli meats and similar. Department managers were required to keep shrinkage under 1%. Chains stopped payingfor every loaf of bread to be changed out on the shelves every other day, so bread companies started putting additives into the mix to allow bread to sit on the shelf for a week. If your close to my age you can remember how fresh bread in a grocery store used to be before the bakeries started adding gum and other chemicals.

When a chain anticipates 20% in losses due to theft, that's not shrinkage. That's poor management. laying off 40% of the chain cashiers to save money and thinking self checkiouts are the greatest thing was stupid to start. People go to self checkout with three bags of candy and a 48" 4K HD TV and scan two bags of candy and walk out. Have 10,000 people walk out without paying for half of the items and then wonder why profits have dropped? At BJs they always had a person at the exit to count the items in your cart and the number of items on your receipt. If they didn't match, security would check to see what wasn't on the receipt. Think that 60 year old woman in a wheelchair is going to demand that a 6'7" 300 Lb. man stop and let her check his receipt?
Shrinkage refers to losing inventory by any means including theft.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the loss of goods especially by theft
inventory shrinkage

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part of self checkout is finding the price on fruits and vegetables. I struggle looking them up and there are literally 5 to 6 Walmart employees just standing and watching.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part of self checkout is finding the price on fruits and vegetables. I struggle looking them up and there are literally 5 to 6 Walmart employees just standing and watching.
First, I don't do WalMart, second, I go to customer service if the only lanes open are self checkout.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I don't do WalMart, second, I go to customer service if the only lanes open are self checkout.

I do try to avoid Walmart. But there is a smaller Walmart Neighborhood Market about 2 minutes away. In a pinch I go there. The store we regularly go to is about 15 minutes away. But worth the drive.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do try to avoid Walmart. But there is a smaller Walmart Neighborhood Market about 2 minutes away. In a pinch I go there. The store we regularly go to is about 15 minutes away. But worth the drive.
We do Publix and Kroger. And Sam's Club. God I wish there was a Costco nearby.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I wish there was a Costco nearby.
I've said that so often over the past fifteen years that I get sick of hearing me say it to me.

We are getting a BJs. It's under construction 7 miles from my place. Competition for Publix and Aldi's. And Walmart.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said that so often over the past fifteen years that I get sick of hearing me say it to me.

We are getting a BJs. It's under construction 7 miles from my place. Competition for Publix and Aldi's. And Walmart.
BJs comes off as a cheap Costco knockoff. It's probably been around as long, or at least relevant as long, but just isn't the same.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1701786521990.png