• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk overrated things:

1. Starbucks
2. Christmas (as an empty nester)
3. EVs
4. Harley Davidson's
5. Steak Houses

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

The Japanese...and other southeast Asians...are some of the slimmest healthiest people on earth. Just watch your other sugar intake.
I don't add sugar to anything but I do know it's added to a lot of foods. I miss chips wondering about Baked Chips but figured mehh you're doing okay let it be,

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my wife saw this commercial for the first time last night.
Her reaction was of course, That's disgusting, why not try to lose 100 lbs to control your diabetes instead of just taking a pill.

I’m fine with it because the pill will only keep them alive so long before the pill causes its own health issues. Less people siphoning off what’s left of social security.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4. Harley Davidson's

Bullseye. I’ve done all I can to brainwash myself into liking a Harley enough to buy one over a more reliable, less expensive, more comfortable, motorcycle but every time I give it any level of real thought I just can’t do it. My wife wants me to get one so she can get leather pants and while that’s enticing, it’s not a deal closer.

The Japs continue to dominate the motorcycle industry.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't add sugar to anything but I do know it's added to a lot of foods. I miss chips wondering about Baked Chips but figured mehh you're doing okay let it be,
Most people like chips for the salty taste and crunchy feel.
My wife does chips. I do nuts for the salty/crunchy.
The best most complete plant based proteins.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now! Some of us …… I mean some people are in pretty good shape and still need the little blue pill.
National Ice Cream Day GIF by BuzzFeed

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Starbucks
If I need to stop for a coffee, I'll do Dunkin Donuts.
2. Christmas (as an empty nester)
Ehh...Both my kids are home still. And I might be going to VT this year too.
Pro's and cons to everything.
4. Harley Davidson's
Seriously, I would do a Miata before I bought a Harley. Long before.
5. Steak Houses
I make a better steak at home for WAY better money. I can even get Wagyu for less than Prime at a steak house. Fuck that.
I love my Weber.
If I could I would let my Weber ride shotgun in my Miata and bring it to VT for Christmas and buy it steaks to Grill.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I need to stop for a coffee, I'll do Dunkin Donuts.

Ehh...Both my kids are home still. And I might be going to VT this year too.

Pro's and cons to everything.

Seriously, I would do a Miata before I bought a Harley. Long before.

I make a better steak at home for WAY better money. I can even get Wagyu for less than Prime at a steak house. Fuck that.
I love my Weber.
If I could I would let my Weber ride shotgun in my Miata and bring it to VT for Christmas and buy it steaks to Grill.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proteins and more proteins

Helps you stay fuller longer.

And good carbs, not sweets. Allow yourself to splurge once in a while without beating yourself up and make it a life change instead of diet until you can't take it anymore and get off the lose 25 gain 30, lose 25 gain 30, lose 20 gain 30.
I can lose weight "easily" on a high protein diet.
I'm very healthy and my labs are good or better.
A high protein diet makes my old kidneys go nuts.
I can take diuretics for high blood pressure or I can eat protein - I can't do both.
I will turn 71 in a couple months and I did not expect to live this long.
I have outlived 2 wives and several doctors - just trying to keep a balance in life.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I can eat rice in moderation?
I got a very big bag of Brown Basmatti rice from Costco - should last me a long time!
It is a whole grain with the very fibrous germ still attached.
Takes some getting used to compared to white rice and long grain brown rice - much better for you with a nutty flavor.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a very big bag of Brown Basmatti rice from Costco - should last me a long time!
It is a whole grain with the very fibrous germ still attached.
Takes some getting used to compared to white rice and long grain brown rice - much better for you with a nutty flavor.....
I will look into this.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s taken me awhile to get on the “Belichick must go train”…. But not only is Belichick a bad GM… what has he done in the last 4 years to show he’s even a good coach?

If he’s as great as he thinks… he could make this team competitive. Not playoff caliber but competitive.

I’m very appreciative of everything he’s accomplished as the Patriots coach. But if he was a player….. he would have traded himself years ago.
His coaching style requires players good enough to win something or else they can't see the value of buying in. Just having TB was enough to be competitive and him boing in was the role model. Without that his style seems to cause cancers.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I make oat groats which is the oatmeal kernel before being cut, steamed and rolled. It's a good substitute for rice and pretty on par with the rice you refer to. It cooks similar to rice too. Last night I had a burrito bowl with it (burger with taco seasoning, groats, brown beans, salsa, shredded cheddar and a mixture of yogurt and salsa).

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I make oat groats which is the oatmeal kernel before being cut, steamed and rolled. It's a good substitute for rice and pretty on par with the rice you refer to. It cooks similar to rice too. Last night I had a burrito bowl with it (burger with taco seasoning, groats, brown beans, salsa, shredded cheddar and a mixture of yogurt and salsa).
In the "old days" we just called them rolled oats?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the "old days" we just called them rolled oats?
Not exactly. The groat is like a fat piece of rice. That is sliced into several pieces for steel cut oats or cut, steamed, and rolled flat for rolled oats. The taste is similar but the texture is more like whole grain rice with that chewiness that isn't in white or standard brown rice.