• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Current Vibe: (Frustrated)

Most of you know, if you have paid any attention I am married to a black chick have been for 36 years. I having a conversation a few years back and a then friend said to me, "I think more people are becoming more tolerant towards black people". I replied, why the fuck do you feel they have to be tolerated why can't you just accept them for who they are? Of course he went on to claim he didn't mean it like that but he did. I had hoped for a while things were getting better but they are not. And where it was once and still is people with different pigmented skin seems now the political and religious world is out to get the LBGTQ. Just seems to me as whole in America we are less and less willing to accept people for who they are and more and more inclined to think everyone should fit into their personal expectation. Just seems America continues down this slippery slope and into the cesspool of hate. People love to say America is the greatest country in the world, but I bet most of them have never left America. It's shameful the way we treat one another but no one seems to care.
I apologise for my fellow Americans.
I have said many times that Americans should have to live in Okinawa for a year to learn how to be civil.
I have many black friends / aquaintences / neighbors. They are just people to me - not black people.
I struggle with the LGBTQ+ community. Twice as a child I was subjected to sexual predation.
I have no respect for LGBTQ grooming our children. I see tranny shows for schoolchildren as grooming.
My wife and I have gay and lesbian friends. They are just friends - but mess with my children and you will have a big problem!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said many times that Americans should have to live in Okinawa for a year to learn how to be civil.
I have many black friends / aquaintences / neighbors. They are just people to me - not black people.
I struggle with the LGBTQ+ community. Twice as a child I was subjected to sexual predation.
I have no respect for LGBTQ grooming our children. I see tranny shows for schoolchildren as grooming.
My wife and I have gay and lesbian friends. They are just friends - but mess with my children and you will have a big problem!
Agreed there are or should be limitations. But is the problem the show or the people allowing the show? Any business could say no, any parent could refuse to attend or have their child attend. IMO the shows are not the problem, they are no different than a gun show. It's the venues and the peoples who agree to the shows.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed there are or should be limitations. But is the problem the show or the people allowing the show? Any business could say no, any parent could refuse to attend or have their child attend. IMO the shows are not the problem, they are no different than a gun show. It's the venues and the peoples who agree to the shows.
Very good question! I had never heard of Dylan Mc???? before the controversy started. That's the way I prefer it.
Now Bud Light put him in the ad / started the show.
Bud Light is "guilty" here Mc???? is just being himself. Herself?
I am not one to believe that the Dodgers "had to" do the tranny show in the stadium - they chose to.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good question! I had never heard of Dylan Mc???? before the controversy started. That's the way I prefer it.
Now Bud Light put him in the ad / started the show.
Bud Light is "guilty" here Mc???? is just being himself. Herself?
I am not one to believe that the Dodgers "had to" do the tranny show in the stadium - they chose to.....
And in choosing to do show it should be announced to fans. That would be the same if Garth Brooks were doing take me out to the ball game during the 7th inning stretch.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in choosing to do show it should be announced to fans. That would be the same if Garth Brooks were doing take me out to the ball game during the 7th inning stretch.
That is over my head. I know nothing of Garth Brooks......

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are all products of our environments.
A white person growing up in a racist household is more likely to be racist. A black person as well. A white person growing up in a open minded household but in a predominantly racist community is still more likely to be racist.
Asian, Indian, Hispanic. All the same. We as individuals can choose to overcome it if brought up a certain way, but it takes conscious effort to overcome subconscious predisposal, at least at first.
If one is raised in an area where allowing septic systems to overflow into the creek is widely accepted or throwing mattresses out on dirt roads is common, littering may just come natural. If everyone of your parents friends (assuming you have at least 2) is a degenerate thief, taking the tip money from the last customer seated before you may seem OK.
I spent my first decade of having a memory Just north of Boston and attended my first 6 years of school, lived in neighborhoods with every race known and some that were questionable. I never knew any different as my parents (all 4...ish) never pointed it out, and neither did my friends.
The ones I remember...
Alonso - Black
Adolfo Quaivis (sp?) - Dark...I don't know.
Eddie Spaghetti with the meatball eyes - Irish I think
Mark Razkowski - Polish
Shawn Sczhahoviz (sp) - Jewish, half asian
And Richard. Just a white kid. We are still in touch.
And finally there was another black kid who was from the Dominican Republic. His name escapes me.

Then I moved to Vermont in the late 70's. Little Chicago they called it. Called the National Guard out on Cabbage night and Halloween they were such hoodlums. Nasty bigoted, biased hateful hoodlums. Even the good kids were bigoted bastards. Against everybody. People that looked different, people that sounded different and even people that were the same but they just didn't recognize. Go pick a fight. Yeah, 10 on 1 against the new kid. Unless there was a newer kid. I grew to recognize differences in people so I could exploit them...so I could fit in for being a racist bigoted bully like them.

Then I hit the road to follow work, and the more places I went and the more people I worked with the more I realized how wrong I was.

I also apologize. To everyone of all religions and races and beliefs for my past transgressions.

LBG's as well. I have a number of friends and acquaintances that play for the other team. I don't care, I really really don't as long as you allow me to not care.

But that's where I draw the line. T's.

Sorry. I just don't buy in to the recent rhetoric.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Current Vibe: (Frustrated)

Most of you know, if you have paid any attention I am married to a black chick have been for 36 years. I having a conversation a few years back and a then friend said to me, "I think more people are becoming more tolerant towards black people". I replied, why the fuck do you feel they have to be tolerated why can't you just accept them for who they are? Of course he went on to claim he didn't mean it like that but he did. I had hoped for a while things were getting better but they are not. And where it was once and still is people with different pigmented skin seems now the political and religious world is out to get the LBGTQ. Just seems to me as whole in America we are less and less willing to accept people for who they are and more and more inclined to think everyone should fit into their personal expectation. Just seems America continues down this slippery slope and into the cesspool of hate. People love to say America is the greatest country in the world, but I bet most of them have never left America. It's shameful the way we treat one another but no one seems to care.

My wife is Hispanic. Been married 17 years now. Not very often, but once in a while I see the looks. Mainly from older people. The worst is my wife’s mother. Never liked me because I’m white and had full custody of my 3 children. “I don’t want you marrying a white man. I don’t want white grandchildren.” To this day she’s never accepted me or my kids. My wife has a daughter from a previous marriage. All our kids were young when we met and my wife now is my children’s mom. I’m her daughters dad. Our ex’s are not in the picture. My mother in law has never bought my kids a Xmas or birthday present. Goes overboard for my wife’s daughter. She’s just a horrible lady. We live in Boise all our kids and her family live in Pocatello. We visit often but I haven’t seen her mother in probably 5 years now. I’ve given up trying to be nice.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife is Hispanic. Been married 17 years now. Not very often, but once in a while I see the looks. Mainly from older people. The worst is my wife’s mother. Never liked me because I’m white and had full custody of my 3 children. “I don’t want you marrying a white man. I don’t want white grandchildren.” To this day she’s never accepted me or my kids. My wife has a daughter from a previous marriage. All our kids were young when we met and my wife now is my children’s mom. I’m her daughters dad. Our ex’s are not in the picture. My mother in law has never bought my kids a Xmas or birthday present. Goes overboard for my wife’s daughter. She’s just a horrible lady. We live in Boise all our kids and her family live in Pocatello. We visit often but I haven’t seen her mother in probably 5 years now. I’ve given up trying to be nice.
Well I would arrange it so she never saw the kids, never

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly, I was born and raised in white South Portland, Maine. No black kids from Kindergarten to Graduation.

Two black families lived on Mujoy Hill in Portland and I meet a couple of the kids who played football for Jack Junior High School in 1962. After the game they came over and joked about how hard I tackled. One of them gave me his address and I was friends with both of them from that day on. The mom of one took a shine to me and when the oldest daughter got married, I was the only white kid at the wedding. I was fifteen. I never saw them as different and must have never acted like they were different. At the wedding this giant goateed black guy asked me if I felt out of place and I asked him why. He laughed and put both of his gigantic hands on my shoulders and said, "Son, I like you, but you're going to learn some serious lessons when you grow up." That was my introduction into what was and is the racial divide. The black guy's name was Bill Russell and he somehow pricked in my brain that there was a difference and he certainly felt it.

I never had a problem in the military and never have had a problem with both of my sister's daughters having black partners and giving birth to six half white/half black children or my daughter's son being the father of a brown girl's baby.

We all have our prejudices. I have problems with the LBGT community because I've been approached negatively by three different men in my life. It didn't feel right when I was a kid, Still don't.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I pay the tolls too, as long as it's a road that saves me time.

I have the photo guards because I don't like Big Brother or any of his private company minions tracking me.
Is what they gain by tracking you worth the effort it takes you to avoid it?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Theoretically Big Bro has to have a search warrant
2) I have location permissions all shut off on my phone
3) I would have to have my phone with me. I am not always glued to my phone, sometimes I rock my day old school and just fucking leave it.

I went to the DMV to get a "Gold Star" drivers license which was supposed to make travel easier and it was also going to be required for access to certain parts of Fort Campbell where I work. This was right after Covid hit so I couldn't just walk in to DMV. I was met at a plastic table desk in the entrance by a man who took my name and asked what I was there for. He then said he needed my cell phone number. I said I didn't have one. He said no, I need your cell phone number or he couldn't let me in. I leaned forward and asked him, So I cannot have a drivers license if I don't have a cell phone?? BLEW. HIS. MIND. He looked at his crony and they just stared at each other, baffled. I said I can give you my home number and he said we have to page you on it to let you know when you can go in. I said enter my home number and just stand up and look out the door, I will e standing there. It infuriated them.
I do not let anyone use my cell number as an identification number. I know it's just trying to hold back the ocean, but It's a hill I will die on.
That's a very passionate approach and I again question the value behind it, but not critically at you you personally. We all know the concept of being a sheep just following the flock. SOMEBODY is gaining from the flock. I see too approaches (for me). The first is to resist the flock, but only if I can alter the path of the entire flock. My second approach is to try and see how gains are being made from the flock and try to profit from that knowledge.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a very passionate approach and I again question the value behind it, but not critically at you you personally. We all know the concept of being a sheep just following the flock. SOMEBODY is gaining from the flock. I see too approaches (for me). The first is to resist the flock, but only if I can alter the path of the entire flock. My second approach is to try and see how gains are being made from the flock and try to profit from that knowledge.
I think it's part of a larger plan.
Everybody has become so dependant on there phones for everything. Look up prices at a competing grocery store while standing in the aisle, playing games whenever there is a snippet of time that they are not being occupied, News, Registration and proof of insurance, camera, and of course communication.
But now it has even morphed into a form of identification.
Name, address, Social Security number, work address, shopping habits, best friends identities, popular circles you run in, facial recognition of you, your family, your friends, voice recognition. And always listening.

I am not a cell phone number.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No honey I do not need you to schedule an appointment with Hunter Douglas. So I am on the very tail end of my home remodel project and told wife time to pick out new window dressings. She went to Hunter Douglas where they offer an energy rebate of $1250.00. I told her there is no real value in that. Shades do not offer that much of an energy rating that one is the much better than the other. I also told her Hunter Douglas will be twice as expensive as Levolor, Bali or other brands.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to you guys stories about marriage, family, race etc. makes me very happy.
I like you guys but it's nice to know that I can respect you.
We are collectively a very unique group. I like us!:suds:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's part of a larger plan.
Everybody has become so dependant on there phones for everything. Look up prices at a competing grocery store while standing in the aisle, playing games whenever there is a snippet of time that they are not being occupied, News, Registration and proof of insurance, camera, and of course communication.
But now it has even morphed into a form of identification.
Name, address, Social Security number, work address, shopping habits, best friends identities, popular circles you run in, facial recognition of you, your family, your friends, voice recognition. And always listening.

I am not a cell phone number.
I'm not a cell phone number either but what can I gain from letting someone think I am? Here's a simple one, a store sends loss leaders (products they sell at a loss as a gamble that getting you into the store will cause you to buy other overpriced items) to me by text and I buy the loss leaders I want and only those items. I buy most of my products at places with reputations for delivering the fairest overall prices.

This isn't a perfect example since loss leaders tend to be on circulars too, but you get my concept. As a rule, if you treat me as a member of your flock I'll meander around to what's in my best interest and not just let you guide me to where you intend me to go.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No honey I do not need you to schedule an appointment with Hunter Douglas. So I am on the very tail end of my home remodel project and told wife time to pick out new window dressings. She went to Hunter Douglas where they offer an energy rebate of $1250.00. I told her there is no real value in that. Shades do not offer that much of an energy rating that one is the much better than the other. I also told her Hunter Douglas will be twice as expensive as Levolor, Bali or other brands.
Smart man. Look at every "deal" and calculate the real cost to you vs your other options. If they offer "future savings", calculate what those likely will be, then buy the right one FOR YOU.