• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right he fell short lol... How many rookie QB's that were just throw into the fire on that terrible team. (How many games did they win the year before again) would have made it to the next season? Very few. But he goes out and wins ROY. I guess you were expecting a deep playoff run maybe ?
As they say...... "You can't know where you are going unless you know where you've been"....

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you who keep calling Smed a hater and not acknowledging your Sammie love are cracking me up.

You're still talking about Sam's unbelievable rookie season? The year he beat out Mike Williams and Maurice Pouncey? :lol:

60% completion rate --> RANKED 20th!
5.95 yards per pass attempt --> RANKED 30th!
3512 yards with 18 TD's, 15 INTs
76.5 QB rating --> RANKED 25th!
38.25 QBR rating --> RANKED 28th!
Now i'm not a big stats guy, but it's pretty obvious to me that this isn't really that great.

And his freshman season at Oklahoma? In the Big 12 spread O conference?
:L

At least admit how desperate you are for this guy to FINALLY do something in the NFL, if you're gonna call someone a hater. But what's really funny is that you are going to be waiting for along time. Bradford doesn't have what it takes. He doesn't have any kind of killer instinct and has no clue how to lead a team in the NFL.

Talk about his Freshman year, his rookie year, his 1/2 years all you want and the "potential" you've seen from his pro day.. But the guy doesn't have what Andrew Luck has and it's not even close. He doesn't have the will to win like Luck, or the speed to get outside and move, or the quick decision making Luck has.

Weinke can drink the Kool-Aid all day because Sam's performance is going to make or break Weinke's coaching career.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps that is one of the reasons Shottenheimer left.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps that is one of the reasons Shottenheimer left.

Retro what is up my man??!!

I don't think Schotty was all that either, but most of his plays that he came up with were executed (or tried) by a back up QB in a difficult division of the NFL. And we all watched the countless games when the offense couldn't do anything a few years ago and we were praying the defense could actually score a TD. It's gotten better the last 2 years, because the defense is so much better than what it was. The running game has gotten better.

I for one don't think Sam is going to press a magic button and turn the ship completely around. IF he can stay healthy and manage the ship, we might sniff the playoffs. But I just don't think #8 has the drive to lead a team into the post-season.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you who keep calling Smed a hater and not acknowledging your Sammie love are cracking me up.
Some of us are no different than Smed. Just looking for a little balance.

You're still talking about Sam's unbelievable rookie season? The year he beat out Mike Williams and Maurice Pouncey? :lol:

60% completion rate --> RANKED 20th!
5.95 yards per pass attempt --> RANKED 30th!
3512 yards with 18 TD's, 15 INTs
76.5 QB rating --> RANKED 25th!
38.25 QBR rating --> RANKED 28th!
Now i'm not a big stats guy, but it's pretty obvious to me that this isn't really that great.
You're not saying anything I haven't already said and those stats you don't care about but want to share say nothing to how crappy that team was that he was on. Do you see some balance in my statements below?

Okay, Sam has not had a great pro season thus far.
Not one season has (Sam) been great in the pros comparatively to other great QB's in the league. His Rookie season was ONLY 'great' because he was a Rookie. In other words, he had a 'great rookie season'. Just average to good numbers for a QB in any other season outside of maybe a Sophomore season.

And his freshman season at Oklahoma? In the Big 12 spread O conference?
:L
I stand by that one. However you want to slice it, he still put up great numbers for a redshirt freshman playing a the next level.

At least admit how desperate you are for this guy to FINALLY do something in the NFL, if you're gonna call someone a hater.
As long as he is wearing Horns Junkie, we should all be desperate like this...And the hater label is simply balance to the lover label, right?
But what's really funny is that you are going to be waiting for along time. Bradford doesn't have what it takes. He doesn't have any kind of killer instinct and has no clue how to lead a team in the NFL.

Talk about his Freshman year, his rookie year, his 1/2 years all you want and the "potential" you've seen from his pro day.. But the guy doesn't have what Andrew Luck has and it's not even close. He doesn't have the will to win like Luck, or the speed to get outside and move, or the quick decision making Luck has.
Again, this is something that is a concern for some of us advocates pulling for Sam to do well. See my recent post below...

My concern, even if healthy, is the 'big game'.

He (Sam) hasn't really been that successful in those scenarios throughout his Football Career!

Weinke can drink the Kool-Aid all day because Sam's performance is going to make or break Weinke's coaching career.
Again, some of us are no different than Smed and are posting extremes to provide some balance to others posting with extremes. It would be nice to see some concessions made regarding Sam's skill set and talent from the 'haters'.

Is that ever going to pan out? Hell, I don't know. I just want us to win. I'm certainly not married to the idea that only Sam can pull us out of our 10 year slump!

The draft is going to be interesting SJ, if we can somehow get MM or BH with 10 or 42 respectively I am all in!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right he fell short lol... How many rookie QB's that were just throw into the fire on that terrible team. (How many games did they win the year before again) would have made it to the next season? Very few. But he goes out and wins ROY. I guess you were expecting a deep playoff run maybe ?
No I did not expect a deep playoff run but a wild card would've been nice. Or maybe 2 wins in a row or at least the ability to win at home...Hey! he was Mr. Heisman and supposedly the answer the Rams were waiting for. They paid him like he was Tom Freaking Brady. We will see soon enough whether he is for real or just a real bust. Cougar...I expect you would agree that if he can't win with this current Rams roster then he is a bust. Right? Or is this a bad team too? Or we can just hang it on Fisher and Co. lol

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're not saying anything I haven't already said and those stats you don't care about but want to share say nothing to how crappy that team was that he was on. Do you see some balance in my statements below?

I stand by that one. However you want to slice it, he still put up great numbers for a redshirt freshman playing a the next level.

As long as he is wearing Horns Junkie, we should all be desperate like this...And the hater label is simply balance to the lover label, right?
Again, this is something that is a concern for some of us advocates pulling for Sam to do well. See my recent post below...

Again, some of us are no different than Smed and are posting extremes to provide some balance to others posting with extremes. It would be nice to see some concessions made regarding Sam's skill set and talent from the 'haters'.

Is that ever going to pan out? Hell, I don't know. I just want us to win. I'm certainly not married to the idea that only Sam can pull us out of our 10 year slump!

The draft is going to be interesting SJ, if we can somehow get MM or BH with 10 or 42 respectively I am all in!
Holy cow Vita...Why do I feel like I just read the entire collected works of C.G. Jung? :pound:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita,

I think at some point we ALL need to let go of what the kid did at OU and focus on what he's done in the NFL. You can't run a Spread O in the NFC West so what he did in college is not relevant. Luck's teams were not loaded by any means, especially his first 2 years as well.. But somehow he led them to the playoffs for 3 straight years and made everyone around him better. Granted, the AFC South is the weakest of all divisions and has been.

Sooner or later, you have to stop with the excuses that the team was bad around Bradford and hold everyone accountable. For some reason, many people think Sam deserves a pass year after year. To me, it's the definition of insanity. He's part of the team so he should be judged like everyone else. The Rams were really bad 2+ years ago. But was Bradford good?

Bradford is another spread O - QB that can't make reads fast enough in the NFL. So it really doesn't matter who is around him. All you have to do is look at his yards per attempt and yeah his name is captain checkdown for a reason. You can't blame that entirely on the rest of the offense and not on Bradford.

Saying Bradford has been good, while the team is awful is just Sammie love. Every off year its: "This year Sam has no excuse." But somehow we find ourselves saying it's not Sam's fault. And "wait until next year". That gets old to many fans.

The last 2 years the Rams have been relevant without a good QB.

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I did not expect a deep playoff run but a wild card would've been nice. Or maybe 2 wins in a row or at least the ability to win at home...Hey! he was Mr. Heisman and supposedly the answer the Rams were waiting for. They paid him like he was Tom Freaking Brady. We will see soon enough whether he is for real or just a real bust. Cougar...I expect you would agree that if he can't win with this current Rams roster then he is a bust. Right? Or is this a bad team too? Or we can just hang it on Fisher and Co. lol

Current roster?? Well Fisher has build a solid D for sure but there are still plenty of Holes on The offensive side of the ball. Our offense of line right now is in shambles. Their will probably be 3 new starters. We don't know if Kenny Britt's coming back or if Brian quick will be the same. If you want to say he's a bust because he got injured go ahead but that wasn't his fault. It's not because he hasn't performed with the crappy pretty much non existent talent that has been around him.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Coug you blame the rest of the offense, but Sam gets a pass? I guess Sam isn't part of the offense? He doesn't control anything, he's just at the mercy of the rest of the awful players around his greatness?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Coug you blame the rest of the offense, but Sam gets a pass? I guess Sam isn't part of the offense? He doesn't control anything, he's just at the mercy of the rest of the awful players around his greatness?

Gets a pass? He took a team with one win The year before and won 7 the next in his rookie year. That's pretty good. And he had no Beast like Reggie Wayne or T.Y. Hilton, Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener, and a Solid Oline like Luck had. Luck played in the weakest division Sam played in the best. I agree he can play better but he hasn't had that much to work with. Welcome back to the madness by the way

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 Colts were 2-14
2012 Colts were 11-5 and made the playoffs

Colts 2012:

Andrew Luck

Running backs
Wide receivers
Tight ends

Rams 2010: Mark Clayton got hurt and so did Donnie Avery.

Sam Bradford

Running backs
Wide receivers
Tight ends

The Colts O-line in 2012 was not SOLID btw. It was average at best. The Rams' Steven Jackson had a good year and Luck's RB's were not good at all. The Colts had better weapons to throw to, but the overall offense were pretty comparable. Gibson and Amendola were fairly good in 2010, Laurant Robinson had a decent year, Denerio and Mark Clayton were ok when in there so it's not like he had nothing. Fells is still starting at TE in the NFL. SJax had 1200 + yards that year for the Rams - that's not shitty with a bad Oline.

So I'll ask again.. DO you think Sam has been good, while the rest of the team has not?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gets a pass? He took a team with one win The year before and won 7 the next in his rookie year. That's pretty good. And he had no Beast like Reggie Wayne or T.Y. Hilton, Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener, and a Solid Oline like Luck had. Luck played in the weakest division Sam played in the best. I agree he can play better but he hasn't had that much to work with. Welcome back to the madness by the way

This is why people like myself, like to argue with you Coug! The Rams played in the toughest division Sammies rookie year LOL Seattle won the division with a 7-9 record, people were still making fun of our division then!

You want to bring up the "great" year he was having in 2013 before he got hurt, ya he put up 14 TD passes in 7 games, he also took us to a 3-4 record in those 7 games with those "great" stats he was putting up! Oh and by the way he beat two of the worst teams in the league that year,Houston and Jacksonville, you know the teams you're "suppose" to beat! I believE the defense pretty much is the main reason we won both of those games, I don't really remember but one of those games Sammie threw 3TD's for like 120 yards, ya I think the defense probably was why we won that game? He also threw for 6 TDs in those two games, again against
two of the worst teams in the league, you are suppose to do that! So against the other 5 teams he threw 8 TD's( which is average) and our record was 1-4, and we also lost to another one of the worst teams in the league!

That's ok though Coug, your first true love will always be your first and it's hard to let go!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug I admire your loyalty to the man. But we all need to agree to disagree somewhat.. :gaah: You and SMed have to be getting tired of arguing. I know I know.. It's the off-season and he we are again.

We all know Sam needs to get better and I hope the FO holds true to their thoughts that Sam needs some competition at QB. That is when he will get better - when the bar is raised. He has a lot of pieces now to guide a young team to a possible playoff berth, AGAIN.. IF he stays healthy. But he definitely needs to get better. My problem is, can you get better and quicker with the surgeries he's had AND can you learn how to make reads faster?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 Colts were 2-14
2012 Colts were 11-5 and made the playoffs

Colts 2012:

Andrew Luck

Running backs
Wide receivers
Tight ends

Rams 2010: Mark Clayton got hurt and so did Donnie Avery.

Sam Bradford

Running backs

Wide receivers
Tight ends

The Colts O-line in 2012 was not SOLID btw. It was average at best. The Rams' Steven Jackson had a good year and Luck's RB's

were not good at all. The Colts had better weapons to throw to, but the overall offense were pretty comparable. Gibson and Amendola were fairly good in 2010, Laurant Robinson had a decent year, Denerio and Mark Clayton were ok when in there so it's not like he had nothing. Fells is still starting at TE in the NFL. SJax had 1200 + yards that year for the Rams - that's not shitty with a bad Oline.

So I'll ask again.. DO you think Sam has been good, while the rest of the team has not?

SJ, these comments mean nothing to the Coug! His love is like none that I have ever seen before! I brought up these same things to him repeatedly, but as you said, it's never Sammies fault, it's because his oline sucks, his WR's suck, he's had 142 different OC's's his injuries aren't his fault. I mean after all he did win the Heisman, he did win ROY (of course a QB is going to win over any other rookie who had ok numbers,duh) he did have a great pro day, he looked really good in the preseason!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're not saying anything I haven't already said and those stats you don't care about but want to share say nothing to how crappy that team was that he was on. Do you see some balance in my statements below

Yes Vita, I agree with you, I think you play one side of the fence a little more than the other, but you do play both sides, fairly I believe! Yes I go to the extreme, but I never use to, I only started taking it that way when Coug was sooooooooooo far the other way!

Do I think Sammie has talent, obviously he does, otherwise he would have never made it this far. Have I seen the talent that some others have , no!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug I admire your loyalty to the man. But we all need to agree to disagree somewhat.. :gaah: You and SMed have to be getting tired of arguing. I know I know.. It's the off-season and he we are again.

We all know Sam needs to get better and I hope the FO holds true to their thoughts that Sam needs some competition at QB. That is when he will get better - when the bar is raised. He has a lot of pieces now to guide a young team to a possible playoff berth, AGAIN.. IF he stays healthy. But he definitely needs to get better. My problem is, can you get better and quicker with the
surgeries he's had AND can you learn how to make reads faster?

No SJ, I'm not tired of it, I'm only trying to save someone from the heartache that is inevitable! Just trying to get Coug to take his blinders off, so that it won't be so devastating when the obvious happens! I'm a giver! I only hope to save him, but I fear, it may be to late!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think Sammie has talent, obviously he does, otherwise he would have never made it this far. Have I seen the talent that some others have , no!

I think he can make a lot of throws, but I don't think he has developed the ability to make reads fast enough. He can't really extend plays either.

Look at the WR's that Brady had this year. Sure he had Gronk too, but Edelman, Amendola, Lafell are not the best trio of WRs. Brady threw to Vereen a lot and Gronk was his ONLY downfield threat. You saw how fast he got rid of the ball against Seattle.

If I can see this, can Sam? Can the coaching staff? Sure Seattle's D was banged up, but the game plan was short passes and then Gronk.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current roster?? Well Fisher has build a solid D for sure but there are still plenty of Holes on The offensive side of the ball. Our offense of line right now is in shambles. Their will probably be 3 new starters. We don't know if Kenny Britt's coming back or if Brian quick will be the same. If you want to say he's a bust because he got injured go ahead but that wasn't his fault. It's not because he hasn't performed with the crappy pretty much non existent talent that has been around him.

Yes Current Roster! The Rams are much improved in the run game, last season when the O-line was healthy they played well and the receiver corps has greatly improved. The special teams play is far better than when Sam last took the field. And the Rams field position was better because of it. Coug....Are you sure we are talking about the same team? :scratch: If Sam can't be successful with this team sorry...he is a bust.

Last edited: