• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs a Super Bowl coach, not a Bill O'Brien coach.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be the best choice SJ, but he has already stated a number of times he is not interested in returning to coaching in the NFL with the gig he presently has going on.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs a Super Bowl coach, not a Bill O'Brien coach.

What exactly is a Super Bowl coach? O'Brien is a GREAT young coach, his record shows that. I'd also be happy with a guy like Arians. Guys like this WIN, something we haven't seen in WAY too long of a time, yes?

Of course, best of all would be SJ's suggestion of a guy like Chucky, he's certainly accomplished alot more than Fisher and I can't imagine he'd cost much more. Even if he did, Kroenke could afford it!!!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be the best choice SJ, but he has already stated a number of times he is not interested in returning to coaching in the NFL with the gig he presently has going on.

Can't blame the guy, why go through all that stress when you can make millions being an analyst?...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one here that thinks Gruden is extremely over-rated? I've never understood the appeal of the guy. I'd much rather try to lure Bill Cowher out of retirement with a blank check than to deal with Gruden.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one here that thinks Gruden is extremely over-rated? I've never understood the appeal of the guy. I'd much rather try to lure Bill Cowher out of retirement with a blank check than to deal with Gruden.

I always liked Cowher, so I can't disagree with you there...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA Guy, did you say something about luring our next head coach out of retirement?

300px-Dickvermeil.jpg

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly is a Super Bowl coach? O'Brien is a GREAT young coach, his record shows that. I'd also be happy with a guy like Arians. Guys like this WIN, something we haven't seen in WAY too long of a time, yes?

Of course, best of all would be SJ's suggestion of a guy like Chucky, he's certainly accomplished alot more than Fisher and I can't imagine he'd cost much more. Even if he did, Kroenke could afford it!!!

I'm thinking someone with Super Bowl experience, maybe O'Brien could be that guy. But it's about time we became contenders, no more pussy footing around 500

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking someone with Super Bowl experience, maybe O'Brien could be that guy. But it's about time we became contenders, no more pussy footing around 500

Absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for me to argue with you there..That's ALL that I want, Super Bowl experience or not, a coach who can bring us to the playoffs with a chance to win a title. Its been WAY too long with this franchise, even the odds say we should be making the playoffs by now. Only a few coaches have been to the SB, but for sure there are some young coaches ready for the next step up. The job for our franchise is to figure out who that guy is/who those guys are and to hire him/them. To me, Fisher has one last chance, this season BETTER end in at least the playoffs, and not just a wildcard bid, but not sure it will with our QB position in flux...

I still think about how we were promised a DREAM TEAM type coaching staff. While I have no problem with the guys coaching our D, the guys coaching our Offense are a LONG way from being a "Dream Team"...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for me to argue with you there..That's ALL that I want, Super Bowl experience or not, a coach who can bring us to the playoffs with a chance to win a title. Its been WAY too long with this franchise, even the odds say we should be making the playoffs by now. Only a few coaches have been to the SB, but for sure there are some young coaches ready for the next step up. The job for our franchise is to figure out who that guy is/who those guys are and to hire him/them. To me, Fisher has one last chance, this season BETTER end in at least the playoffs, and not just a wildcard bid, but not sure it will with our QB position in flux...

I still think about how we were promised a DREAM TEAM type coaching staff. While I have no problem with the guys coaching our D, the guys coaching our Offense are a LONG way from being a "Dream Team"...

I'm with you on the coach. I don't think we necessarily have to go back to coaches that have already won or have been out of the league for an extended period of time. If we do, I'd much rather go after Cowher over Gruden because I believe he drafted a lot better and those Pittsburgh teams under him did good while he was there and even long after he was gone.
I do want a coach that knows how to get the best out of the talent available. I would love to have a coach that embraces the past and can try to get some of those players to help with the current guys, which I'm sure quite a few would. I also would like to have a coach that can find talent not only in the early rounds in the draft but is good at finding those steals or underrated players in the later rounds. I also want a coach that learns from his mistakes and doesn't constantly repeat the same ones week after week. We also need someone that commands respect and instills discipline in his team because out in Los Angeles, it's going to be a lot harder for some of these guys to resist not doing stupid shit than it was in St Louis.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Texans team was not in the same sorry shape that the Rams were in. Sure, they were 2-14 to get Kubiak fired, but they were 12-4 the season prior. They also have a much easier division with the Colts being the only other quality team. They have been 9-7 the two seasons under O'Brien, going 9-3 combined in that weak division (made even weaker by Luck's injuries and performance last year).

I don't know that 9-7 in the AFC South is all that different from 7-9 in the NFC West.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would agree. Gruden won his super bowl with somebody else's team and a direct knowledge of his opponent's system (that they were still using inexplicably).

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Texans team was not in the same sorry shape that the Rams were in. Sure, they were 2-14 to get Kubiak fired, but they were 12-4 the season prior. They also have a much easier division with the Colts being the only other quality team. They have been 9-7 the two seasons under O'Brien, going 9-3 combined in that weak division (made even weaker by Luck's injuries and performance last year).

I don't know that 9-7 in the AFC South is all that different from 7-9 in the NFC West.

Ok, so give Fisher a pass for a year or two, how do you explain the other 3 years of nothingness? Fisher has had HALF A DECADE to get this team into winning shape...Five years!!! How many guys get to keep their job after 5 years of mediocrity?
We were promised a "dream team" of coaches on both sides of the ball. We haven't had ANYTHING like a dream team offensively.
Can't blame the division we're in, since we seem to win most of those games, its the rest of the league we struggle with...
5 years, not one winning season, not one playoff appearance and he still has a job?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now...another VERY brief comedy break...

:suds:

yes, I've been on a Kentucky Fried Movie kick lol